Prospect Info: #192 D Jeremy Davies

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Jeremy Davies | Defense | 5-11 | 181 | Left | Pointe-Claire, Quebec | Bloomington (USHL)
Eligible for the 2016 NHL Draft, and is ranked No. 97 on Craig Button's draft list … Played the last two seasons with the Bloomington Thunder (USHL), recording 69 points (16 goals, 53 assists) in 103 career games, becoming the all-time scoring defenseman for Bloomington … Led all USHL defensemen in scoring during the 2015-16 campaign with 13 goals and 36 assists in 60 games, earning First Team All-USHL honors to become Bloomington's first-ever All-USHL selection … Also led the league with 24 assists on the power play, and was second overall in power play scoring … Was tied for fourth among defensemen with three game-winning goals, and was one of four skaters to play in every game for Bloomington this season … Was named the USHL Defenseman of the Week on three occasions (Jan. 25, Mar. 21, Mar. 28) … Found the scoresheet in 25 of his team's final 33 games of the season (eight goals, 29 assists), including a 10-point in five-game stretch from Mar. 17 to Mar. 26 to help Bloomington secure its first-ever playoff spot.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Overage defenseman who led the USHL in points. Really no expectations for this pick. I really like it though overall. Take a swing and maybe get lucky.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Very few 7th round pick ever become NHL players.

Nope they don't but plenty become good AHL players and in my mind that is a good for a 7th round pick.

I think sometimes the definition of success is too high for draft picks. Sure there are the Joe Pavelski's of the 7th round but having a solid career AHLer has value to an organization also. I think that sometimes gets lost and it shouldn't.

njdevscup30

Boom Boom
Apr 25, 2006
Blacksburg
Northeastern Huskies have sent a few players to the NHL in recent years that were 6th or 7th round draft picks.

Josh Manson in Anaheim, Anthony Bitetto in Nashville, and Joe Vitale in Pittsburgh/Arizona

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Looks like he was passed over twice. Still, leading USHL D in scoring is a good start.
We'll see in NCAA. I don't mind a Gostisbehere-like :D

Pretty sure only once.

I also like the pick. DB has him at 5'11" so not like he is a tiny guy.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'm always wary of overagers in general, but 7th round, kid's got some talent, going to college so the team can take their time on him, can't really complain. Good luck to him.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I'm a huge fan of overagers, especially this late in the draft - by the 7th round, you're often down to picking 3rd liners/back pairing D from junior and hoping they've got something more. Castron alluded to possibly drafting another Mississauga Steelhead' but he was taken right before one of our picks' - that would've been in this round, and it was Austin Osmanski, who had 10 points in 65 games as a first year draft eligible player. I'd much rather take a chance on a guy like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->