NHL Entry Draft #19 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I dont expect him to fall to the sens but if he does I want them to take Soderstrom. I like Lavoie in what I have seen but the organization thinks he has attitude issues apparently.

Mcmichael, Newhook or Seider if they cant get Soderstrom.

McMichael reminds me of Monahan.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Never in our history have we taken on bad contracts to accrue picks or move up in the draft. I can't imagine we are going to start now.

It has been done by other rebuilding teams, the Sens are now rebuilding. Sens took on Gaborik in exchange for Phaneuf, they must have known he wasn't going to be able to play so there is at least that.

aligator

Jan 3, 2008
I would seriously consider the opposite. I would contemplate moving back and trying to get another 2nd plus. There are quite a number of good players in the late first to second round range. Just watching the draft rankings I have seen quite a lot of shifting of players going from 2nd round to 1st and 1st to 2nd round. Many of the draft ranking organizations have different rankings where some first rounders are in the second round or vice versa. We could end up with 4 or 5 picks in the top 60 and it us possible that a number of them turn out better than some players that get drafted in the teens
I agree. This is not the type of draft to try and move up. Moving down makes more sense though I suspect it will turn out to be neither.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Never in our history have we taken on bad contracts to accrue picks or move up in the draft. I can't imagine we are going to start now.

Never in the Sens history have they been in a position where they will be (multiple) million under the cap floor. This is new territory in (a lot) of ways.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'm almost certain that we move up higher than 19th. We have the 32 + 57 OV picks to dangle around for that to happen. Also some players if any teams would want them (Ryan, Boedker, Smith, Harpur, etc.), and maybe even a prospect like Chlapik can be packaged.

Considering the amount of depth our prospect pool has now (just look at the projected top 15 U-25 players poll that XSpyrit has going on if you doubt me), I wouldn't be against trading 19 + 32 to move up and get a top-15 talent.

If you consider the history of pick trades, we can move pretty close to the top 10 with that type of package imo...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm almost certain that we move up higher than 19th. We have the 32 + 57 OV picks to dangle around for that to happen. Also some players if any teams would want them (Ryan, Boedker, Smith, Harpur, etc.), and maybe even a prospect like Chlapik can be packaged.

Considering the amount of depth our prospect pool has now (just look at the projected top 15 U-25 players poll that XSpyrit has going on if you doubt me), I wouldn't be against trading 19 + 32 to move up and get a top-15 talent.

If you consider the history of pick trades, we can move pretty close to the top 10 with that type of package imo...
We have 45th overall not 57th.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
If we trade up to somewhere in the 15 range we have to target Newhook, highest upside pick in the early teens imo. I would be thoroughly disappointed with McMichael, Johnson and Tomasino. Need to go for the high upside here. We have tweeners in spade.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
There will be at least 1 very good player at 19 for us. Hopefully we pick that guy.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Draft best player available regardless of position lw/rw/c/ld/rd/g

Of course we read this every yr that every team takes the BPA & GMs will tell us that they picked who their scouts thought was the best player available. However, who determines who the BPA is wherever a team is ranked to pick when so many of these players are ranked so differently depending on the site you like or even every team could have different ranking of players from each other & these sites. We can see from our polls of who our best prospects are that it ranges with people who they think is the better player.

I'm of the opinion that when you have two players or more who are ranked fairly close to each other & the scouting staff can also be divided as to who is the better player is that drafting for need isn't always a bad thing in this circumstance. For example, if half the scouts like the LWer & half the scouts like the RWer & that is an org need, who do you pick?

We have 45th overall not 57th.

This site has us picking 57th not 45th. Not sure what's right any more?

2019 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

That site has the Sharks pick transferring to us instead of the Panthers pick. The Sharks owned both picks at one point, but traded one to us and one to Detroit. The pick is conditional though, the Senators get the higher of the two while Detroit gets the lower of the two.

2019 NHL Entry Draft - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Here's the cap frindly link, they are more reliable for these types of things.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
44th Pick
The Florida Panthers' second-round pick will go to the Ottawa Senators as the result of a trade on September 13, 2018 that sent Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron to San Jose in exchange for Chris Tierney, Dylan DeMelo, Josh Norris, Rudolfs Balcers, a conditional first-round pick in 2019 or 2020, a conditional first-round pick in 2021, a conditional first-round pick no later than 2022 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[20] The condition – Ottawa will receive the higher of Florida or San Jose's second-round pick in 2019.[20] – was converted on March 26, 2019 when Florida was eliminated from the 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs ensuring that Florida would select higher than San Jose.[21]
San Jose previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on June 19, 2018 that sent Mike Hoffman and a seventh-round pick in 2018 to Florida in exchange for Vegas' fourth-round pick in 2018, a fifth-round pick in 2018 and this pick.[22]

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Of course we read this every yr that every team takes the BPA & GMs will tell us that they picked who their scouts thought was the best player available. However, who determines who the BPA is wherever a team is ranked to pick when so many of these players are ranked so differently depending on the site you like or even every team could have different ranking of players from each other & these sites. We can see from our polls of who our best prospects are that it ranges with people who they think is the better player.

I'm of the opinion that when you have two players or more who are ranked fairly close to each other & the scouting staff can also be divided as to who is the better player is that drafting for need isn't always a bad thing in this circumstance. For example, if half the scouts like the LWer & half the scouts like the RWer & that is an org need, who do you pick?

44. It's the Florida 2nd

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad