GDT: '19-'20 STANLEY CUP THREAD

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That was about as dominant as I've seen a team play in a Stanley Cup Final. Dallas played well for about ten minutes at the end of the first, but besides that were embarrassed. Perhaps it's because the Lightning are my number 2 team, but it really feels like their cup to lose right now.

Bolts look absolutely great. No weaknesses, strong defence added to goaltending, great transition game, deadly in offensive zone.

That's what a hockey team is.

I hope Yzerman will build the same for us.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I remember defending Seguin in 2011 during his rookie season and he had trouble producing.

But after seven postseasons, he has produced like a sub-40 point player. He is one of the most disappointing playoff performers in recent memory.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Dude plays 2 minutes and gets a goal. Holy smokes.

Meanwhile, Seguin has pulled his classic vanishing act. Ah yes, the frustration returns.

No Stamkos for Game 4. How weird.

If something "funny" was going on as to why they played him, which I doubt, I wondered if it had to do with the minimum requirements to get your name on the cup. But he met that already by playing more than half of the regular season games.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

If something "funny" was going on as to why they played him, which I doubt, I wondered if it had to do with the minimum requirements to get your name on the cup. But he met that already by playing more than half of the regular season games.

He likely thought he was good enough to play limited minutes, got out there, then realized it wasn't going to happen.

And while he was figuring that out he just happens to score a goal like the legend he is.

It's a shame we don't get to see more of him. I think a full speed Stamkos just buries teams with goals this year. Dude has to be so hungry to get his team over the hump.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
He likely thought he was good enough to play limited minutes, got out there, then realized it wasn't going to happen.

And while he was figuring that out he just happens to score a goal like the legend he is.

It's a shame we don't get to see more of him. I think a full speed Stamkos just buries teams with goals this year. Dude has to be so hungry to get his team over the hump.
Or reaggravated something during a subsequent shift.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Just for fun.

upload_2020-9-25_18-32-27.png

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

eulatron

Jun 24, 2019
I remember defending Seguin in 2011 during his rookie season and he had trouble producing.

But after seven postseasons, he has produced like a sub-40 point player. He is one of the most disappointing playoff performers in recent memory.

He's been playing injured since the play-in

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

His goal was huge and both the goal and him in game 3 gave the team a huge boost.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Me thinks that penalty call on Benn was a little bit of a makeup for the bad call on Point to end regulation.

Reactions: 14ari13

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Me thinks that penalty call on Benn was a little bit of a makeup for the bad call on Point to end regulation.
That's one of those that totally should be a penalty but they usually don't call in OT in the playoffs. Dallas getting a 4 on 3 for what really shouldn't have been an embellishment call definitely tipped the scales. Reffing has been terrible all finals but I actually think it's ending up reasonably fair in the 2 wrongs make a right kind of way.

I must say, with Tampa as my #2 team I'm pretty excited right about now.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Bolts look absolutely great. No weaknesses, strong defence added to goaltending, great transition game, deadly in offensive zone.

That's what a hockey team is.

I hope Yzerman will build the same for us.

Going to be harder without the lower cap hits from the tax help TB gets.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
It's funny when they play the crowd noises on a hit that wasn't really a hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad