GDT: #19 – Flames at Sabres – Mon Nov 21, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Imagine caring at all about starting the guy you're trying to find out as much about as possible instead of the backup who isnt going to be here.

I see your 4 game sample size and raise you his entire career.
As far as I see, Lehner has never really won it; he was gifted it.

NOTE: he has done good tho.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Imagine caring at all about starting the guy you're trying to find out as much about as possible instead of the backup who isnt going to be here.

I see your 4 game sample size and raise you his entire career.

Lehner has been...ok.

I mean the only sabre goalie with a higher save percentage after 25 starts for this organization is the best in the history of the sport...

What was I saying

look how much you found out

:rolleyes:

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Didn't we just get finished doing this?

Nilsson makes 40+ saves and a 950+ % and steals a point in Jersey
Lehner gets the next 3 games, and gives up 4, 3, and 4 goals... with a sub 900%
Nilsson comes back and steals a game against the champs

I suppose that's true. Perhaps it's the last opportunity for Lehner to keep the job. If Lehner doesn't look excellent tonight and Nilsson is still sitting Wednesday, then I'll be annoyed.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
minus a few moments that come with not being able to skate, I consider Franson to be a pleasant surprise thus far.

Obviously, that's relative to what we've come to expect from him, and it's also noteworthy that this is a contract year...but, hey.... anything better than last year is an improvement. He has been fine.

I will say, as one of his biggest haters, since the injuries to Bogo and Kulikov, Franson has stepped up tremendously

Doesn't mean he is any good still. He was that bad beforehand

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I suppose that's true. Perhaps it's the last opportunity for Lehner to keep the job. If Lehner doesn't look excellent tonight and Nilsson is still sitting Wednesday, then I'll be annoyed.

I don't even think Lehner should lose the starting job... But Niksson should have started tonight

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
But it's more than just "sans Eichel"... it's sans ROR, Kulikov, Ennis, Bogo, and Fasching & Deslauriers.

This could - and with our coach, probably SHOULD - be a LOT worse than it is at the moment.

Not for all of November.. No Eichel and Bogo for the first 4 games of November. Then wheels fell of injury-wise going into the Sen's game on Nov 9th with ROR, Ennis, Eichel and Bogo out. Then Kulkov was gone the next game.

In the 6 games since the wheels feel off

1-3-2 (4 out of a possible 12 points)/ We were 5-5-2 going into this stretch.
7 goals for (1.17 GF/game)
16 goals against (2.67 GA/gm)
28.5 SF/gm
36 SA/gm

We badly need some guys to get healthy and soon.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
This is definitely an achievable win. Flames PP and PK are bottom of the barrel.

My prediction is that the Sabres will score 1 goal tonight and will end up in a shootout.

I've never seen Bylsma do this, but if the team does gets to a shootout Robin should be pulled for the 'Ders.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Okay so ROR is coming back Wednesday

Eichel probably within the next two weeks

Bogosian? Kulikov?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Bogo is not even skating yet.

You can blame Lehner but you aren't winning games scoring 0-1 goals a game.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Offensive explosion from the Sabres tonight, 3-1. Kane x2, 1 an empty net. Ristolainen the other.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I expect Sabres to win tonight. Flames are the same weight class even with Sabres current injuries. Disappointed Nilsson didn't perform well enough to get the start tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad