GDT: #19 – Flames at Sabres – Mon Nov 21, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Sabres have a better record with him out of the line-up. I'd rather keep the brother that is a winner on the team. Murray ****ed that trade up too.

fry.PNG

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
First home game live in a while, the building had a good chatter going, not as mausoleum like, even before the goal fiesta.

The refs are laughable. I was in the visitors end about 15 rows up and watched samson get cross checked in the first, so much so that as he is flattened the cgy player fell on top of him, the ref watching from 3 feet away. No call. Then after they call actually penalties on calgary, the 5 on 3 call almost made me black out in surprise, the exact same play happen with Gorges cross checking Tkachuk, same side of the net, same ref and now its a penalty. The refs in this league are a joke.

Tkachuk is a scummy coward. And I wanted his blood, I miss the 90s.

Fedun in person looked very decent defensively. I bet he sticks even when they are healthy.

Side note ftom the risto pp talk last night. I don't think risto is great on the pp by any means, and that stick isdue is out of hand. For all the jack stick talk, this is a much more regularly occurring problem. It's possible he had a run of bad luck or a weak stick from a slash, but most guys switch to fresh sticks for pp, so he might have a manufacturing issue or something. Either way he needs to adjust.

Samson could have had 4 assists tonight.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
First home game live in a while, the building had a good chatter going, not as mausoleum like, even before the goal fiesta.

The refs are laughable. I was in the visitors end about 15 rows up and watched samson get cross checked in the first, so much so that as he is flattened the cgy player fell on top of him, the ref watching from 3 feet away. No call. Then after they call actually penalties on calgary, the 5 on 3 call almost made me black out in surprise, the exact same play happen with Gorges cross checking Tkachuk, same side of the net, same ref and now its a penalty. The refs in this league are a joke.

Tkachuk is a scummy coward. And I wanted his blood, I miss the 90s.

Fedun in person looked very decent defensively. I bet he sticks even when they are healthy.

Side note ftom the risto pp talk last night. I don't think risto is great on the pp by any means, and that stick isdue is out of hand. For all the jack stick talk, this is a much more regularly occurring problem. It's possible he had a run of bad luck or a weak stick from a slash, but most guys switch to fresh sticks for pp, so he might have a manufacturing issue or something. Either way he needs to adjust.

Samson could have had 4 assists tonight.

Risto would be much more effective with the type of plays he able to make if the PP was a moving unit. When it's static you take away what makes Risto a good player and take away a player who has high IQ when you just ask him to either feed it from the point down low or to his "d-partner". They want to give him the option of a one-timer but the only player who could make that work is ROR who is constantly on the same side as Risto. So in turn, teams are able to stifle that play pretty easily.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Risto would be much more effective with the type of plays he able to make if the PP was a moving unit. When it's static you take away what makes Risto a good player and take away a player who has high IQ when you just ask him to either feed it from the point down low or to his "d-partner". They want to give him the option of a one-timer but the only player who could make that work is ROR who is constantly on the same side as Risto. So in turn, teams are able to stifle that play pretty easily.

Ehh, yes and no. I agree he has the wheels and skill to float around more and find a soft spot. But he needs to be able to adapt and work more smoothly in this system. I see a lot of hesitation in his pp work. He is standing still himself with and without the puck, and he seldom is making a dangerous pass to a wide open guy.

Small sample size and forget the points, but i think fedun has made close to as many really nice passes on the pp in his short run than risto has all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad