|
INJ​
|
10 Versteeg, 13 Gaudreau, 15 Smid, 17 Bouma​

** Lineups always subject to change at morning and pre-game skates **

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Calgary is playing the back end of a road back-to-back (in DET last night), third in four nights, fourth in six nights, and fifth in seven nights. And notwithstanding Elliott's career 11-0-2 mark against us, he's been pretty poor this year (.882 SV%). Need these two points.

Oh, and I hope we start Nilsson.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Fedun should be on the second pairing by the end of the night. Kid played really well Saturday and I'd like to see guys being rewarded for good play.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Fedun should be on the second pairing by the end of the night. Kid played really well Saturday and I'd like to see guys being rewarded for good play.

what were the drawbacks that had him so low on our depth charts? he's looked better than Franson ever has and it's only been two games.

on this same token though, I wish the 4th line will see equal minutes to this 3rd line. nobody on that 3rd line has shown they deserve a second more than the other line.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Was there every an explanation after the 1st time we played these guys why their one goal was allowed? I'll agree that the goal should have counted, but the ref blew the whistle and by rule that should be no goal. There was nothing about it post game. At this point I don't really care I'm more curious about the leagues explanation.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Fun:

10 games in Nov:

12 GF (+1 SO win)
24 GA (+2 SO Losses)

1.2 G/g
2.4 GA/g

3-5-2.

To be honest...given the injuries, this could be quite a bit worse. If we could somehow get 6 points out of the last 4 games, that would put us at .500 (overall and for the month). To be at .500 at 2 months sans eichel would set us up well.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Fun:

10 games in Nov:

12 GF (+1 SO win)
24 GA (+2 SO Losses)

1.2 G/g
2.4 GA/g

3-5-2.

To be honest...given the injuries, this could be quite a bit worse. If we could somehow get 6 points out of the last 4 games, that would put us at .500 (overall and for the month). To be at .500 at 2 months sans eichel would set us up well.

But it's more than just "sans Eichel"... it's sans ROR, Kulikov, Ennis, Bogo, and Fasching & Deslauriers.

This could - and with our coach, probably SHOULD - be a LOT worse than it is at the moment.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
what were the drawbacks that had him so low on our depth charts? he's looked better than Franson ever has and it's only been two games.

on this same token though, I wish the 4th line will see equal minutes to this 3rd line. nobody on that 3rd line has shown they deserve a second more than the other line.

He was basically injured all camp, so he never really had a chance to impress in camp/preseason.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

minus a few moments that come with not being able to skate, I consider Franson to be a pleasant surprise thus far.

Obviously, that's relative to what we've come to expect from him, and it's also noteworthy that this is a contract year...but, hey.... anything better than last year is an improvement. He has been fine.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
minus a few moments that come with not being able to skate, I consider Franson to be a pleasant surprise thus far.

Obviously, that's relative to what we've come to expect from him, and it's also noteworthy that this is a contract year...but, hey.... anything better than last year is an improvement. He has been fine.

Yeah, other than the first 2 games or so.....he really hasn't been the tire fire he was last year.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
But it's more than just "sans Eichel"... it's sans ROR, Kulikov, Ennis, Bogo, and Fasching &Deslauriers

This could - and with our coach, probably SHOULD - be a LOT worse than it is at the moment.

:skeptic:

something doesn't fit...

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

I think Nilsson probably deserves the start at this point.

Lehner HAS played well.

However, Nilsson just broke a 6 game losing streak with a near 50 save performance.

Can I complain about Bylsma with regards to starting Lehner?

It's not just that Nilsson had an incredible game against the cup champs, and got us our first win in 2 weeks... it's on top of multiple high quality starts along the way.

He's flat on been better and looked better than Lehner.

it's not a back to back... how do you not ride a hot goalie in this scenario?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
:skeptic:

something doesn't fit...

He has a fourth line role that fits him better than Schneider, or Grant, or Baptiste...

Not that I'd rather him on the team in general - but he had a role, got hurt, and the team had to reorganize because of it. Needs to be mentioned, if nothing else.

It's not just that Nilsson had an incredible game against the cup champs, and got us our first win in 2 weeks... it's on top of multiple high quality starts along the way.

Can I speculate?

It's an attitude within. From Murray on down. And including Nilsson.

Meaning, we know Murray wants Lehner to pan out. We know he has been labeled the uncontested number one. We know Nilsson has "embraced the role of the epitome of a backup," helping the guy ahead of him, ready to roll in random instances, etc...

If we weren't so set (off the ice) on handing out labels based on traded assets, it's not even close. And I'd venture out on a limb to guess that even Nilsson defers to Lehner.

Lehner hasn't been bad. But Nilsson has been great. Down so many bodies and still in the mix with everyone else, it should absolutely, unquestionably, unequivocally be the hotter goaltender getting these starts.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

I'd like Nilsson in, as well. It'd be one thing if Lehner was playing pretty well, but four of his last five starts have been duds (non-QS's), and he has a .904 SV% in that time period. He also had a subpar start in Calgary.

Don't like it. Ride the hot hand.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
He has a fourth line role that fits him better than Schneider, or Grant, or Baptiste...

Not that I'd rather him on the team in general - but he had a role, got hurt, and the team had to reorganize because of it. Needs to be mentioned, if nothing else.

Is being bad at hockey a role?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I don't mind giving Lehner the start tonight. Give him the chance to match the performance of Nilsson and prove he's still the #1. If he doesn't, go back to Nilsson on Wednesday and keep him in until he flames out or Lehner wins back the starting spot.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

What???

No. No. No.
Copy/Paste

Can I speculate?

It's an attitude within. From Murray on down. And including Nilsson.

Meaning, we know Murray wants Lehner to pan out. We know he has been labeled the uncontested number one. We know Nilsson has "embraced the role of the epitome of a backup," helping the guy ahead of him, ready to roll in random instances, etc...

If we weren't so set (off the ice) on handing out labels based on traded assets, it's not even close. And I'd venture out on a limb to guess that even Nilsson defers to Lehner.

Lehner hasn't been bad. But Nilsson has been great. Down so many bodies and still in the mix with everyone else, it should absolutely, unquestionably, unequivocally be the hotter goaltender getting these starts.

Lehner has been... ok. When he's played good statistically, you have to caveat it with the horror show of rebounds and bad angles that he produces. And lately, he hasn't even been good statistically.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Imagine caring at all about starting the guy you're trying to find out as much about as possible instead of the backup who isnt going to be here.

I see your 4 game sample size and raise you his entire career.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Lehner has been...ok.

I mean the only sabre goalie with a higher save percentage after 25 starts for this organization is the best in the history of the sport...

What was I saying

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I don't mind giving Lehner the start tonight. Give him the chance to match the performance of Nilsson and prove he's still the #1. If he doesn't, go back to Nilsson on Wednesday and keep him in until he flames out or Lehner wins back the starting spot.

Didn't we just get finished doing this?

Nilsson makes 40+ saves and a 950+ % and steals a point in Jersey
Lehner gets the next 3 games, and gives up 4, 3, and 4 goals... with a sub 900%
Nilsson comes back and steals a game against the champs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad