Prospect Info: #189 - LW/C Liam Kirk

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I'm starting to feel this draft class was even deeper than I thought. It's not like the other teams hadn't heard of him, and he went 7. round. Could NHL have agreed to run 8 or 9 rounds this year?

Hi De Hi

Jul 2, 2015
Solihull, UK
He is also used to playing in Sheffield. The Yotes better get a 70's playlist that included Status Quo 'Rockin' all over the World'!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
If he gets a top 6 role then I'd be looking for a PPG his debut year. Can't find OHL TOI so hopefully someone can chime in with his role eventually.

I loaded up the play-by-play report of the game and did a Ctrl-F for Liam Kirk. He was mentioned 3 times. Had the assist and 2 shots on goal (one with 3 seconds left in the 3rd of a 4-0 game). It might be reasonable to assume from that information that he's not getting top six minutes yet.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Hopefully in a few years we'll all be calling him the Dog's bollocks, as opposed to just "Bollocks:ha:"

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
He should really stay on the Petes and on that steep learning curve. He's already a full international anyway and the U20's shouldnt need him to get promoted from that group.

But he must really want to play so he's going.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
He should really stay on the Petes and on that steep learning curve. He's already a full international anyway and the U20's shouldnt need him to get promoted from that group.

But he must really want to play so he's going.

Knowing the history of GB junior teams and their coaching, they probably won't be promoted from that group even with him, they will find a way to blow it

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He's not signed yet so he can't go to Tucson.

There will be some key departures in Peterborough this season and I'd like to see what Kirk can do in an elevated role before we sign him. He's made some progress since draft day but still needs to show a little more. He's certainly capable.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

So, moving to Swedish tier 3 for now, gotta be playing.

The team is just south of Gothenburg. I'm a little bit scared by the British and Swedes though. ("You arrived from Manchester today? Yeah." And they stand in the wardrobe with him at the rink. Quarantine when you move between countries, what's that? But OK. Swedes decides in Sweden.) Ninja edit- so even is this is less than 200 miles for me, I'm not going to look at him playing. Just saying. Forbidden fruit.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad