Prospect Info: #189 - LW/C Liam Kirk

Hi De Hi

Jul 2, 2015
Solihull, UK
Kinda funny how a cockney accent and a Mexican accent sound the same when they say Coyotes. Haha. The great unifying word of the people. Just don’t say it like a Canadian. Ugh. Kai Oat. Get outta here!
Liam isn't a Cockney (neither was Dick Van Dyke by the way). He is a Yorkshireman. Its a bit like calling someone from Arizona a New Yorker!

Hi De Hi

Jul 2, 2015
Solihull, UK
And you all do a bloody brilliant Harry Potter impersonation!
I used to take groups of Brit highschoolers to Chicago. When we visited US High schools the local kids used to get ours to record their answerphone responses, they said it was like having Harry Potter answer your phone!

Reactions: RemoAZ

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
I used to take groups of Brit highschoolers to Chicago. When we visited US High schools the local kids used to get ours to record their answerphone responses, they said it was like having Harry Potter answer your phone!
The ladies in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire do much worse when I drop my Texas accent on them :)

It's a good thing Liam Kirk is a goofy looking kid, because if he was a man rocket like Sheldon Souray or Tom Wilson, combined with the accent and the NHL $$$$$, he'd probably never make it to practice.

Reactions: Hi De Hi

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
9th overall pick! Good sign, they really want him and must have a good role for him to play.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Knew the Petes liked him but 9th overall is a great sign.

Janik going high isn't surprising, the Coyotes have a second round grade on him. He has looked great in camp. I hope he reports.

Halifax took camp invite Fagemo at 46

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Curious, are there many former North American Pros that play in the UK Elite League? Trying to gauge the level of competition he faced in that league.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Curious, are there many former North American Pros that play in the UK Elite League? Trying to gauge the level of competition he faced in that league.
Nobody you've heard of. Sweden gets players you kinda remember having played for the Devils, like, 5 years ago. Czech and Germany get the tier below that. The UK leagues below that. I've attended about 6 games the last year and a half ... it's not impressive but it's not terrible either.

That said, there are grown ass men who play in the EIHL. Matt Nickerson never quite made it after being drafted by the Stars in 2003. Tyler Beskorowany came to camp for us and had a cup of coffee in Springfield a few years ago, and he's not doing that great in the EIHL. (Also a Stars draft pick, weird). Peter LeBlanc got drafted by the Hawks and was a stud in the AHL and is now not even leading his EIHL team in scoring. Anyone remember drafting Evan Bloodoff 9 years ago? He's lighting up the EIHL. Brendan Perlini's older brother Brett led Nottingham in scoring last year.

The NHL isn't sending veteran scouts over here, but there are grown ass Canadian men playing in this league and Kirk held his own.

Sheffield Steelers 2017-18 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

He's the youngest player on his team by, like, a decade and he put up some points. Love to see what he will do this year in the OHL.

Reactions: Jmmack and MIG

Hi De Hi

Jul 2, 2015
Solihull, UK
(See, I thought your username might have been a Blues Brothers reference (also set in Chicago), but upon Googling there was apparently a BBC sitcom of that name in the 80s?...ah, well... )
Yes its from the sit com. I used to be on the bench for a pee wee team and wore a bright yellow jacket like the characters in the sit com.

Hi De Hi

Jul 2, 2015
Solihull, UK
Nobody you've heard of. Sweden gets players you kinda remember having played for the Devils, like, 5 years ago. Czech and Germany get the tier below that. The UK leagues below that. I've attended about 6 games the last year and a half ... it's not impressive but it's not terrible either.

That said, there are grown ass men who play in the EIHL. Matt Nickerson never quite made it after being drafted by the Stars in 2003. Tyler Beskorowany came to camp for us and had a cup of coffee in Springfield a few years ago, and he's not doing that great in the EIHL. (Also a Stars draft pick, weird). Peter LeBlanc got drafted by the Hawks and was a stud in the AHL and is now not even leading his EIHL team in scoring. Anyone remember drafting Evan Bloodoff 9 years ago? He's lighting up the EIHL. Brendan Perlini's older brother Brett led Nottingham in scoring last year.

The NHL isn't sending veteran scouts over here, but there are grown ass Canadian men playing in this league and Kirk held his own.

Sheffield Steelers 2017-18 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

He's the youngest player on his team by, like, a decade and he put up some points. Love to see what he will do this year in the OHL.
No-one you would have heard of unless you remember Theo Fleury, Wade Belak, Matt Beleskey and a few other NHLers

Reactions: mattski93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad