GDT: #18: Panthers at FLYERS, Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
That little lie got killed real fast (if anyone was actually dumb enough to believe it to begin with) when Giroux was playing at the same high level and Couturier was struggling to start the year.

:laugh:

Well, reality is always just one side of.. of reality.. wait.. wait, what?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well, reality is always just one side of.. of reality.. wait.. wait, what?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Foggy14 and kudymen

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That little lie got killed real fast (if anyone was actually dumb enough to believe it to begin with) when Giroux was playing at the same high level and Couturier was struggling to start the year.

:laugh:

Except Giroux's play took a sizable jump when Couts started playing well.
But never let facts stand in the way of delusion.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Except Giroux's play took a sizable jump when Couts started playing well.
But never let facts stand in the way of delusion.
Again...Giroux was a PPG when Couts struggled. Not surprising when 1/3 of the line starts to play better, the line as a whole gets better.

But you just ignore that G was a PPG player playing with 2 struggling players.

Giroux has not played better....COUTS has played better. Giroux is playing the same.

This is lost on you.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
PPG is meaningless, Giroux gets a lot of points on the PP, which really doesn't depend on Couts' play.
Have to break out aggregate stats to understand what's going on.

His ES play went way up when Couts finally got his legs back.
First 11 games: 2-4 6, last 6 games: 4-5 9

What is concerning is that after 1-4 5 in the first four games, Giroux is 0-2 2 in the last 11 games on the PP.

I doubt Giroux suddenly forgot how to play on the PP, so either it's bad luck or more likely, teams have scouted our PP, figured out our tendencies and learned to neutralize it, which explains why they've been moving personnel around and it has started looking better - but TK has to shoot from the right side, not do a Voracek imitation.

I can't get a xGF breakdown, but Giroux and Couts have horrible numbers this year, but I'll bet they started turning around the last half dozen games as well.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Again...Giroux was a PPG when Couts struggled. Not surprising when 1/3 of the line starts to play better, the line as a whole gets better.

Giroux has not played better....COUTS has played better. Giroux is playing the same.

This is lost on you.

tgw8u.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Oh, what Lavy would do with this team. I'd love to see Ghost & Sanheim unleashed.

This team is too young for Lavi, he likes veterans, and he likes to run his defensemen into the ground.
Hire him in two years.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
The disgusted hatred and contempt for the team is precisely what makes us the best fanbase in the history of all of sports.

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when we finally win, I'm more than a little scared of that eventuality.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The disgusted hatred and contempt for the team is precisely what makes us the best fanbase in the history of all of sports.

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when we finally win, I'm more than a little scared of that eventuality.

We'll get drunk, throw a great parade, then the next season the first time they screw up the boos will cascade down upon them.

We have a reputation to uphold!

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Couts is the REAL reason Giroux is playing at such a high level, Couts playing a physical, defensive center takes a lot of the load off Giroux, allowing him to focus on offense and reducing wear and tear.

Giroux is playing too many minutes right now, and I hope Hakstol reduces his TOI by a couple minutes as the season progresses, and they find a substitute for him on the PK.
He's too valuable at ES and PP to waste him on the PK, and no reason to run him into the ground.

924D7DC4-E502-4854-A8F9-B089F10783BB.gif

But was it heavy?

Reactions: Foggy14

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
We'll get drunk, throw a great parade, then the next season the first time they screw up the boos will cascade down upon them.

We have a reputation to uphold!
Phillys reputation.

If you guys went to the Eagles parade, that was fun to get drunk at. Only jersey I own, for the eagles, is a Brian Dawkins jersey.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Im about done with Jordan Weal...he's probably gonna have a hatty now.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

This is lost on you.
Fact.

Giroux’s personal play didn’t change, its merely that the people receiving his passes are actually converting now. And his own personal goal scoring is obviously due to his own great play too.

What’s really fantastic is how insanely good he’s been despite the PP slumping. In 17 games, 15 of his 22 points are at even strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad