GDT: #18| New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | November 15th | 7:00 PM | F/W 7-5

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
He had a really bad turnover and then wasn't seen again as the game got tighter. Trotz rode the veterans to victory.
Yeah and that penalty, he has to shoot, he has great speed and just should put pucks on the net, he is way too overconfident in his ability to outsmart the other team that we are now seeing carelessness

GoIsles1

Sep 12, 2018
Nice win so what happens? We get a very short postgame and right now I’m watching Rag players talk about eating food. F MSG we need our own station in the worst way.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I accidentally turned into the Rags post game show. Dave Maloney was going on about how the Rags have been Cup contenders the past few years and these games didn't mean as much to them recently as they did to the Isles.
No wonder I hate the Rags so much. Even their announcers are Dbags.
The arrogance of the whole MSG crowd is sickening. Both of the teams that play there have had every advantage in terms of money and ability to draw top talent to THE major market in the country. What do they have to show for it? Three championships combined since 1940.

Madison Square Garden: The Worlds Most Famous Arena. My ass.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I accidentally turned into the Rags post game show. Dave Maloney was going on about how the Rags have been Cup contenders the past few years and these games didn't mean as much to them recently as they did to the Isles.
No wonder I hate the Rags so much. Even their announcers are Dbags.
I’m surprised Dave didn’t cry like the old days.

What a p***y

Reactions: MJF

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
He had a really bad turnover and then wasn't seen again as the game got tighter. Trotz rode the veterans to victory.
He also took a pretty needless penalty that led to the Kreider goal. He wasn't seen again after that goal, so I'm guessing that was part of it.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The always honest Trotz called the mini Barz benching a ‘teaching moment.’ Trotz didn’t like his game; I thought Barz tried to do too much, as has been the case through his young career.

Further, never expected this kind of output from Fil and Leo. Almost like Fil is resurrecting his old offensive ways. And Leo, 8 pts already; I thought he’d finish w 20.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Trotz scratched Ovechkin for missing a morning skate

No one is above being held accountable

giphy.gif

Reactions: MJF

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
The always honest Trotz called the mini Barz benching a ‘teaching moment.’ Trotz didn’t like his game; I thought Barz tried to do too much, as has been the case through his young career.

Further, never expected this kind of output from Fil and Leo. Almost like Fil is resurrecting his old offensive ways. And Leo, 8 pts already; I thought he’d finish w 20.
people kept saying how slow both fil and leo were when they got signed ... i mean fil is not a burner and leo is kinda slow but i feel really calm when they are out late in the game ...

Reactions: mm11 and dood

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
people kept saying how slow both fil and leo were when they got signed ... i mean fil is not a burner and leo is kinda slow but i feel really calm when they are out late in the game ...

Yep. Both make the simple, smart plays; the stuff that may not show up on the scoresheet necessarily. Just hope they don’t slow down w the grind of the season, they both see tough mins.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Other than how the MTA handled the coating of snow tonight was a great night as an isles fan

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Let's see:

On Tuesday, Knuckles plays with Flip and Leo - gets two goals.

On Thursday, Beau plays with Flip and Leo - gets three goals and an assist.

Who's next? :)

Not great players, but smart and hard working.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Their hockey IQ's are so high that you don't care so much about their speed and they have been putting in some good offense, 2 great pickups

Everything we hoped Andrew Ladd and his 30 million would be. They are both sooo much better players than he is.

Reactions: majormet

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

I'll tell you one thing, if I was on the bench and looked over at Leo wearing that black eye I would not dare give less than 100% the rest of the game. One of the reasons Lou signed him was to show the kids and other vets with more talent how to compete. Wish Martin was in the lineup as well.

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
Wow what a polarizing game

Glad to see Beau play well he is on a line with the 2 smartest players the Isles have had in some time

Best player on the ice and possibly the best forward this year.... Brock Nelson, very Kesler like in this game, continues to show that he could a very good two way forward

Trotz called the timeout at the right time

Kuhnackl is a disrupter I think he should be 4th line C since Gionta was awful IMO

The bad parts of the game..

Hickey/Mayfield - they get pinned in all game... they are on the ice for all the power play goals against that is why Hickey has a great plus/minus

Clutter he was lost without Cizikas, got an empty nut goal but bad game.

Barzal had a bad night for sure.

Leddy also had a very good game...

This team is putting it together, they win when they play bad which is what contending teams do
I thought Quinn called the timeout?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad