GDT: 18 March 2014 | Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils | 7 pm EDT | NESN, 98.5 FM

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
Mez was a +3 with 21 min last night and had that beautiful pass to Bergy. Would like to see how he meshes with Boychuk. Bart or Dougie may be sitting come playoff time.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Mez was a +3 with 21 min last night and had that beautiful pass to Bergy. Would like to see how he meshes with Boychuk. Bart or Dougie may be sitting come playoff time.

Honestly, I know Bart plays big minutes right now, but out of the 7 D that play (McQuaid not included) I have the least amoutn of confidence in him. I'd sit him over Dougie.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
What are you a fool? You don't get it.

He made a glove save one time 4 years ago. It's on a cup DVD.

Why do posters like you have to down play what Ryder did for this team? Very childish. Ryder was a huge part of why this team won a cup. Why dump on him now? Yes, he was frustrating during the regular season and he shouldn't be counted on as a 1st line star. But on the 3rd line scoring 20+ goals & 50+ pts is solid. Don't get all the hate Ryder gets on this board despite being one of the heroes of that cup win. Give the guy some credit for @#$% sake.

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
how did Potter look last night?

I thought Old Man Potter looked fine playing bottom pair minutes. Good depth move by Chia during the Vanekapocolypse. Also, Miller was a +2 and second in TOI playing with Mez. Led the team in SH TOI too.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I'd sit Bart over Dougie.

picture.php

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Why do posters like you have to down play what Ryder did for this team? Very childish. Ryder was a huge part of why this team won a cup. Why dump on him now? Yes, he was frustrating during the regular season and he shouldn't be counted on as a 1st line star. But on the 3rd line scoring 20+ goals & 50+ pts is solid. Don't get all the hate Ryder gets on this board despite being one of the heroes of that cup win. Give the guy some credit for @#$% sake.

I wouldn't want him back now, but I agree.

He had like 19 points in 25 games or however many.

And an OT winner against the Habs IIRC.

member 96824

Because you probably put more effort and emotion into this post than Ryder did into his Bruin career. I'm not knocking his contributions to the cup that we won three years ago, I'm knocking the people that still pine for him here based on a complete false memory of what Ryder was. That NJ fan just made a post that was posted hundreds, maybe thousands of times here during Ryder's career, everywhere he has gone....even here, people will say "oh man, he was a BEAST in that montreal series!!" He had points in 1 game. They were extremely important points, don't get me wrong.....but that's 6 goose eggs. Scored goals in one of the first twelve games of that playoff run

Ryder has been a guy that many fans have had complete revisionist memory when it comes too. Every deadline, his name gets brought up as a guy we should bring back....because apparently, people miss his floating around. Seeing that New Jersey poster's post, gave me some serious Deja Vu...I thought I was browsing board history :laugh:

Anyways, it's not really a conversation worth having...just thought that post was funny.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Just heard the filet o fish commercial on the radio at work.

Filet o Fish line.

Can't stand that commercial. Have to hit the mute button every time it comes on. I hate commercials that try to hammer on annoying phrases. To top it off the sandwich looks like something they would serve in a school cafeteria.

Now the fake preview for that rated R hockey movie "Dynasty" was funny as hell.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Because you probably put more effort and emotion into this post than Ryder did into his Bruin career. I'm not knocking his contributions to the cup that we won three years ago, I'm knocking the people that still pine for him here based on a complete false memory of what Ryder was. That NJ fan just made a post that was posted hundreds, maybe thousands of times here during Ryder's career, everywhere he has gone....even here, people will say "oh man, he was a BEAST in that montreal series!!" He had points in 1 game. They were extremely important points, don't get me wrong.....but that's 6 goose eggs. Scored goals in one of the first twelve games of that playoff run

Ryder has been a guy that many fans have had complete revisionist memory when it comes too. Every deadline, his name gets brought up as a guy we should bring back....because apparently, people miss his floating around. Seeing that New Jersey poster's post, gave me some serious Deja Vu...I thought I was browsing board history :laugh:

Anyways, it's not really a conversation worth having...just thought that post was funny.

There is no revisionist memory here. Everyone remembers how frustrating he was during the regular season. But even then, 20 goals 50pts for a 3rd liner is good. And he was huge in the playoffs. It gets tiresome everytime Ryder is brought up posters pop out dissing him. Just look at this thread. And you say you aren't knocking down his p/o contibutions and then next paragraph you do exactly that. Pointing out the hab series and 1st 12 gms lol

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Can't stand that commercial. Have to hit the mute button every time it comes on. I hate commercials that try to hammer on annoying phrases. To top it off the sandwich looks like something they would serve in a school cafeteria.

Now the fake preview for that rated R hockey movie "Dynasty" was funny as hell.

This post is so ridiculicious.

FILET! O! FISH!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
back-to-backs

Just wondering why the Bruins have so many back-to-backs. Seems like the Bruins have an inordinate amount. Sure I'm biased, but would love to see a breakdown.

Bruins have 17; average of all teams is 14.6.

Team|Total|Home-Home|Away-Away|Home-Away|Away-Home
New Jersey Devils|22|2|5|9|6
Carolina Hurricanes|20|2|5|7|6
Chicago Blackhawks|18|0|5|4|9
New York Islanders|18|3|6|5|4
Boston Bruins|17|1|5|6|5
Columbus Blue Jackets|17|0|3|5|9
Montreal Canadiens|17|0|4|3|10
Pittsburgh Penguins|17|2|5|7|3
Vancouver Canucks|17|4|10|1|2
Washington Capitals|17|0|6|6|5
Toronto Maple Leafs|16|0|6|3|7
Detroit Red Wings|15|0|5|5|5
Nashville Predators|15|1|7|3|4
Ottawa Senators|15|1|7|2|5
Anaheim Ducks|14|0|9|3|2
Florida Panthers|14|1|9|2|2
Los Angeles Kings|14|0|11|2|1
Philadelphia Flyers|14|0|2|6|6
Buffalo Sabres|13|0|4|6|3
Minnesota Wild|13|0|6|5|2
New York Rangers|13|2|4|3|4
St. Louis Blues|13|0|7|4|2
Calgary Flames|12|0|9|3|0
Dallas Stars|12|0|7|3|2
Edmonton Oilers|12|0|8|3|1
Tampa Bay Lightning|12|2|7|2|1
Phoenix Coyotes|11|1|6|3|1
Colorado Avalanche|10|0|5|2|3
San Jose Sharks|10|1|8|1|0
Winnipeg Jets|10|0|5|3|2

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
There's your answer. Lou made a mess of the roster and DeBoer can't handle young players. We were warned by Florida fans that he's terrible with youth and we didn't believe them. Now because of him, Loktionov asked to be traded, Tedenby is rumored to be going to Europe, and Larsson and Josefson had articles in the media about being unhappy. Brodeur keeps getting starts for nostalgia's sake and for reputation. Like last night, the better goalie was left on the bench in a must win game for us and it showed. Three of those goals (two definitely one maybe) were incredibly soft for Marty to give up.

His lineup decisions are crap. Loktionov and Josefson were scratched constantly. If they played, they would get fourth line minutes with Sestito and Janssen and then punished for not being able to produce with ECHL quality talent on their wings. Gelinas is one of the better young defenseman in the league in an offensive sense. Any mistake he makes gets him sent to the press box while Salvador can be the worst defenseman in the league and play almost every night.... just because he's not a kid.

He refuses to change the style of play. It's still a dump and chase system while the forwards are too slow to retrieve the puck. Then there's no accountability for veterans. Ryder has no goals in 23 games. Hasn't been scratched once. Zubrus has 2 goals in 32 games and is deep in the minus column in that span. Hasn't been scratched or benched once. Steve Bernier is the worst minus on the team and has three goals all season yet gets moved up to the second line to replace any young player when the game is on the line and doesn't get disciplined for playing badly.

Henrique came off the olympic break with 9 goals in 6 games... and obviously DeBoer can't have that so he took Henrique off the second line wing and made him center Clowe and Ryder. Now he has no goals and is a -6 in the last four games. The list goes on and on.

I know that there are a lot of suppressed memories here - but sounds like Lewis to me. That was the only season where I stopped watching with about 10 games left in the season. Just too painful. Go through player stats and see one year when Bergeron has negative +/-.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I thought Meszaros was older than 28, I thought he was around 32 ish.

He has fit in nicely and doesn't seem to make too many mistakes, this team needs a guy with his experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad