GDT: 18 March 2014 | Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils | 7 pm EDT | NESN, 98.5 FM

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
they get plenty of respect.
for what its worth, even though their schedule has been busy (like most teams) they have been facing some weak ass opponents.

Yeah-they've been playing some of the weak teams-but every other team plays those same weak teams at some point in the season.

NHL.com did at least mention Iginla hitting his milestone by tying Bucyk.

I won't whine-would rather be under the radar than getting all the attention.

Bruins face a tough opponent on Friday so it will be nice to see how they match after playing some weaker teams. Then after the Coyotes they come home to the Habs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah-they've been playing some of the weak teams-but every other team plays those same weak teams at some point in the season.

NHL.com did at least mention Iginla hitting his milestone by tying Bucyk.

I won't whine-would rather be under the radar than getting all the attention.

Bruins face a tough opponent on Friday so it will be nice to see how they match after playing some weaker teams. Then after the Coyotes they come home to the Habs.

Panther`s aren`t a powerhouse but I`ll argue the Caps are one of those teams who can hurt teams at any time. Rags/Wild/Yotes/Habs.....all teams who have playoffs in their sight, might not all make it but hardly bottom feeders

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
You guys should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves only beating us by 2 goals. Seriously the Devils are hot stinky landfill garbage at this point. If we waive Ryder, do you want him back?

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
they get plenty of respect.
for what its worth, even though their schedule has been busy (like most teams) they have been facing some weak ass opponents.

Still gotta win those so called easy games. SJ didn't vs Florida at home last night. A 10 game win streak deserves respect no matter who the opposition was.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Team is rollin'

Reminds me of the 08/09 team. Outscoring teams at will, stout defense, vezina caliber goaltending.

...I just hope this season doesn't end the same way 08/09 did >_>

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You guys should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves only beating us by 2 goals. Seriously the Devils are hot stinky landfill garbage at this point. If we waive Ryder, do you want him back?

I didn't think it was possible but your team somehow slowed Ryder down more.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Team is rollin'

Reminds me of the 08/09 team. Outscoring teams at will, stout defense, vezina caliber goaltending.

...I just hope this season doesn't end the same way 08/09 did >_>

i was thinking the same thign last week.
if you turn a game on late in the first period, youre expecting to be up by 2 goals.

08 09 season was still one of my favs as a season ticket holder.
rarely saw a loss, and alot of the wins were blowouts.
that game 7 carolina loss hurt me more than the game 7 philly loss though.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
i was thinking the same thign last week.
if you turn a game on late in the first period, youre expecting to be up by 2 goals.

08 09 season was still one of my favs as a season ticket holder.
rarely saw a loss, and alot of the wins were blowouts.
that game 7 carolina loss hurt me more than the game 7 philly loss though.

And i thought i was the only one who shared this sentiment.

While it sucked to blow a 3-0 lead, i think most fans can say that team wasn't going anywhere if they beat Philly. They probably wouldn't have beaten Montreal in the conference final (Bleh) and they sure as hell wouldn't have beat Chicago in the cup final. Especially after they lost Krejci.

The 08/09 team however, looked to have potential to win it all. Unreal scoring depth, the best defense in the league that year and prime Tim Thomas. I really believe they would have at least beat Pittsburgh in the conference final and gone to the cup.

member 96824

no DON'T DON'T.

You're going to spur three pages about glove saves, and people who don't actually remember what his time here was like.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I just don't get it with this guy. I can handle a streaky scorer. I'm fine with Brunner because he's fast and backchecks and tries to create plays... but when Ryder doesn't score (no goals in 23 games) oh my god is he absolutely terrible...

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
I just don't get it with this guy. I can handle a streaky scorer. I'm fine with Brunner because he's fast and backchecks and tries to create plays... but when Ryder doesn't score (no goals in 23 games) oh my god is he absolutely terrible...

there are people here who don't remember three ****ing years of these conversations.

member 96824

What are you a fool? You don't get it.

He made a glove save one time 4 years ago. It's on a cup DVD.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center

i don't recall a Deboers (sp?) team that looked this discombobulated. whats going on down there?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
it's a fun place to watch a game... Big airy hallways, the staff gets into it, there's a Dinosaur BBQ across the street.... Just bring friends cause it's the worst part of town.

When I was there, I couldn't believe how open everything was.

We sat very high up, but it was only $20 each and it was a great vantage point.

I was digging the music last night.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
i don't recall a Deboers (sp?) team that looked this discombobulated. whats going on down there?

There's your answer. Lou made a mess of the roster and DeBoer can't handle young players. We were warned by Florida fans that he's terrible with youth and we didn't believe them. Now because of him, Loktionov asked to be traded, Tedenby is rumored to be going to Europe, and Larsson and Josefson had articles in the media about being unhappy. Brodeur keeps getting starts for nostalgia's sake and for reputation. Like last night, the better goalie was left on the bench in a must win game for us and it showed. Three of those goals (two definitely one maybe) were incredibly soft for Marty to give up.

His lineup decisions are crap. Loktionov and Josefson were scratched constantly. If they played, they would get fourth line minutes with Sestito and Janssen and then punished for not being able to produce with ECHL quality talent on their wings. Gelinas is one of the better young defenseman in the league in an offensive sense. Any mistake he makes gets him sent to the press box while Salvador can be the worst defenseman in the league and play almost every night.... just because he's not a kid.

He refuses to change the style of play. It's still a dump and chase system while the forwards are too slow to retrieve the puck. Then there's no accountability for veterans. Ryder has no goals in 23 games. Hasn't been scratched once. Zubrus has 2 goals in 32 games and is deep in the minus column in that span. Hasn't been scratched or benched once. Steve Bernier is the worst minus on the team and has three goals all season yet gets moved up to the second line to replace any young player when the game is on the line and doesn't get disciplined for playing badly.

Henrique came off the olympic break with 9 goals in 6 games... and obviously DeBoer can't have that so he took Henrique off the second line wing and made him center Clowe and Ryder. Now he has no goals and is a -6 in the last four games. The list goes on and on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad