GDT: 18 March 2014 | Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils | 7 pm EDT | NESN, 98.5 FM

BruinsFan64

Sep 17, 2009
Almost bored of us winning right now. I wish the Eastern wasn't so bad.

I could never get bored of a Bruins win. Even last nights game against the Devils was entertaining.

Get the points while you can and hopefully they can grab the top seed in the east.

I do wish there were more strong teams in the east. Helps teams prepare for the western conference.

member 96824

**** yo couch ninja, **** yo couch.

I want to win 82 and then some. I'll never get bored of us winning, just bored of us playing boring teams. Bring me back the old schedule!

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Bruins have 17; average of all teams is 14.6.

Team|Total|Home-Home|Away-Away|Home-Away|Away-Home
New Jersey Devils|22|2|5|9|6
Carolina Hurricanes|20|2|5|7|6
Chicago Blackhawks|18|0|5|4|9
New York Islanders|18|3|6|5|4
Boston Bruins|17|1|5|6|5
Columbus Blue Jackets|17|0|3|5|9
Montreal Canadiens|17|0|4|3|10
Pittsburgh Penguins|17|2|5|7|3
Vancouver Canucks|17|4|10|1|2
Washington Capitals|17|0|6|6|5
Toronto Maple Leafs|16|0|6|3|7
Detroit Red Wings|15|0|5|5|5
Nashville Predators|15|1|7|3|4
Ottawa Senators|15|1|7|2|5
Anaheim Ducks|14|0|9|3|2
Florida Panthers|14|1|9|2|2
Los Angeles Kings|14|0|11|2|1
Philadelphia Flyers|14|0|2|6|6
Buffalo Sabres|13|0|4|6|3
Minnesota Wild|13|0|6|5|2
New York Rangers|13|2|4|3|4
St. Louis Blues|13|0|7|4|2
Calgary Flames|12|0|9|3|0
Dallas Stars|12|0|7|3|2
Edmonton Oilers|12|0|8|3|1
Tampa Bay Lightning|12|2|7|2|1
Phoenix Coyotes|11|1|6|3|1
Colorado Avalanche|10|0|5|2|3
San Jose Sharks|10|1|8|1|0
Winnipeg Jets|10|0|5|3|2

You Rock Sooshi. Big difference Winnepeg 10 to New Jersey 22. I know there are travel complications, but the NHL should work to even this out IMO.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

You must be young, and haven't witnessed the many mediocre Bruins teams that I had to watch during the 39 years before the 2011 Cup victory.
Enjoy it while you can.......nothing lasts forever!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
So true. As Carly Simon said, these are the good old days.

Ah Yes! "Anticipation", which many of us Bruins fans have been doing the last 10 games.

picture.php

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bruins don't seem overly screwed in the back to back department other than that so many of them seem to be in the month of March.

Bruins have also seemed to do pretty well on the back half of them-although that's just my impression Indont have the stats.

Teams with arenas that are in high use often end up screwed more with B2Bs than teams that don't. Probably Winnipeg has so few-their arena is t in almost constant use the way TD Garden and other venues are.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Bruins don't seem overly screwed in the back to back department other than that so many of them seem to be in the month of March.

Bruins have also seemed to do pretty well on the back half of them-although that's just my impression Indont have the stats.

Teams with arenas that are in high use often end up screwed more with B2Bs than teams that don't. Probably Winnipeg has so few-their arena is t in almost constant use the way TD Garden and other venues are.

I believe the Bruins are now 11-2 on the back end of back-to-backs.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I guess with more back to back days of games on the schedule that also means more multi-day breaks. Probably evens out in the long run in terms of impact. Those multiple days off stretches are certainly good for letting the guys heal up and relax some.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
i say play CJ in Col and Phoenix and come back with a rested and ready Tuuk vs the scabs. let Rask shut those a-holes out and completely impose his will on them. 1-10-1 indeed!

No way, gotta win the presidents trophy because you know how well that worked out for Vancouver.:laugh:

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I guess with more back to back days of games on the schedule that also means more multi-day breaks. Probably evens out in the long run in terms of impact. Those multiple days off stretches are certainly good for letting the guys heal up and relax some.

Yes. What I hted most about the schedule the last couple of season is that we didn't have 2 days off in March/April ...
But thank God for those looong layoffs in October. :shakehead

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
No way, gotta win the presidents trophy because you know how well that worked out for Vancouver.:laugh:

Well, it did work out for the other team. :(

I give Rask Colorado and Johnson Phoenix. Our schedule really cools down after the Chicago games, with a few teams like Buffalo/NJ/WPG. Johnson should get all of those. Couple of borderline playoff teams, like PHI/DET/WSH, couple of sure playoff teams like TOR/MTL. I'd like to see Rask and Johnson split those.

More importantly, start giving Chara some games off. I don't want him playing for either of the last 2 games. Buffalo, you're asking for it, and NJ, no need.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Here is my goalie theory.

Friday, Mar. 21: Bruins at Avalanche, 9 p.m. Rask
Saturday, Mar. 22: Bruins at Coyotes, 9 p.m. CJ
Monday, Mar. 24: Canadiens at Bruins, 7:30 p.m. Rask
Thursday, Mar. 27: Blackhawks at Bruins, 7 p.m. Rask
Saturday, Mar. 29: Bruins at Capitals, 12:30 p.m. CJ
Sunday, Mar. 30: Bruins at Flyers, 7:30 p.m. Rask
April
Wednesday, Apr. 2: Bruins at Red Wings, 8 p.m. CJ
Thursday, Apr. 3: Bruins at Maple Leafs, 7 p.m. Rask
Saturday, Apr. 5: Flyers at Bruins, 1 p.m. CJ
Tuesday, Apr. 8: Bruins at Wild, 8 p.m. Rask
Thursday, Apr. 10: Bruins at Jets, 8 p.m. Rask
Saturday, Apr. 12: Sabres at Bruins, 12:30 p.m. CJ/Svedberg/Subban
Sunday, Apr. 13: Bruins at Devils, 3 p.m. CJ/Svedberg/Subban

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Well, it did work out for the other team. :(

I give Rask Colorado and Johnson Phoenix. Our schedule really cools down after the Chicago games, with a few teams like Buffalo/NJ/WPG. Johnson should get all of those. Couple of borderline playoff teams, like PHI/DET/WSH, couple of sure playoff teams like TOR/MTL. I'd like to see Rask and Johnson split those.

More importantly, start giving Chara some games off. I don't want him playing for either of the last 2 games. Buffalo, you're asking for it, and NJ, no need.

i've given up on CJ making this happen. I just hope and pray that he doesn't end this season like he did last season. I had tix to that rescheduled last Ottawa game on Sunday (the marathon day bombing reschedule) and I was stunned when i saw 33 come out to play after playing the night before (Washington i believe). If this happens again to end this year i will go from stunned to downright ripshyte!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I expect he'll get the last 1-2 games off and he probably won't like that too much. There's no way you could keep him off the ice with 13 games left. Plus, giving him a game off this far away from playoffs isn't really beneficial for the playoffs.

I think his play has been fine, he had a bad pinch last game, but when you're playing the way the Bruins are lately you sometimes think everything is going to go your way and try to make those plays you otherwise wouldn't.

Well, if that's all you noticed, I'm absolutely shocked. He was directly responsible for Dougie's penalty at the beginning of the third period. This was amongst other things. My only real complaints during this stretch has been Chara at times, and the resistance in trying out someone other than Thornton on the fourth line beyond a game once every blue moon.

I honestly think he's had worse stretches. And, maybe you're right about resting now not being beneficial to the playoffs. But, how about resting now to benefit the rest of the regular season for him and the team?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You must be young, and haven't witnessed the many mediocre Bruins teams that I had to watch during the 39 years before the 2011 Cup victory.
Enjoy it while you can.......nothing lasts forever!

You must be young and haven't witnessed the many horrible Bruins teams I had to watch during the 1960s.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
You must be young and haven't witnessed the many horrible Bruins teams I had to watch during the 1960s.

I still feel young...does that count?

I started cheering for the Bruins in '66/67 when a kid from Parry Sound caught my eye.
I vaguely remember the Bruins teams before '66. What I do remember is that they were brutal, but I was very, very young then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad