Pre-Game Talk: 18 March 2014 - Avalanche @ Habs - Lord of the (Stanley Cup) Rings - Le Retour du Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
A second round steal. ROR is as I good as Duchene, I agree

It depends on what you prefer, I'd take a 65 point forward that can play any forward position without trouble, who's also elite defensively over a 80 point forward whose defensive game is average at best.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
It depends on what you prefer, I'd take a 65 point forward that can play any forward position without trouble, who's also elite defensively over a 80 point forward whose defensive game is average at best.

ROR impresses me alot in the neutral zone. He'll steal the puck and be off to the races so quickly. I'm amazed at his discipline. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a 70 point guy

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
ROR impresses me alot in the neutral zone. He'll steal the puck and be off to the races so quickly. I'm amazed at his discipline. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a 70 point guy

His stick-work is Datsyuk-like and he has some pretty sweet hands around the net as well.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
There was mention ROR leads the league in steals..
It should be a good game and wish I could go...
Lets try to have an injury free game for each team...
Are you thinking high or low scoring game?

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal

Needs both type of players to win a cup.
Just like the Kane-Toews tandem.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I always parked at the indoor parking on Stanley right below Ste Catherine. Might be cutting it a little close by that time, though. You could always park at the Forum and walk 20 minutes (or take the metro) to the Bell Centre if you're worried about driving around for a spot.

Always FREE parking on Guy at Notre Dame level. No parking meters. 6 block walk to The Bell Centre….

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Just got tickets in section 106! I have to leave work at 5:30 (Boucherville) any advice on what parking I should go to (have to take the car)?

Park at Radisson metro ( free parking in front of Loblaws) and Metro it to the Bell center. Thats what I would do.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Similar to what Lshap said, parking on Rene-Levesque is not allowed during rush hours until 6:30 pm. At that time, most spots will be open.

I usually park in front of of the Cathedral or the park right next to the Bell Center. Parking costs $9+ but its worth it imo.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So jealous of you guys. I wish I could go to Habs games. I'm 3-0 when seeing them though :yo: (Got to see them shut out the leafs on my inaugural visit to the Bell Centre)

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Paul Stastny practiced today, so he'll most likely play on the 2nd line with Landeskog and MacKinnon on his wings. The lines should look like this:

O'Reilly - Duchene - McGinn
Landeskog - Stastny - MacKinnon
McLeod - Mitchell - Talbot
Bordeleau - Cliche - Malone

Hejda - EJ
Holden - Barrie
Benoit - Guenin

JSG
Varlamov

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I'm just so ****ing happy that Gio is on the third line and it's now Briere-Pleks-Gally. FINALLY. It better stay this way. All lines benefit from this.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Wow does Colorado have an amazing set of forwards. Next year they'll have Mackinnon replacing Statsny as 2nd line center and they'll have cap space to get a puck moving D + help on the wings (Chris Stewart maybe?). That team will be good for a freackin long time.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm 9-0 in the last 3 years, last game they won 6-1 against Minnesota!

Awesome. Have a good time tonight!

I'm just so ****ing happy that Gio is on the third line and it's now Briere-Pleks-Gally. FINALLY. It better stay this way. All lines benefit from this.

This! Gionta is useful but not as a top6 winger or on the PP. Third line duties maximize his strengths without diminishing more talented players icetime or effectiveness.

Plekanec, Gallagher, Pacioretty, DD, Vanek, Briere. All top6 guys (with the exception of Briere, he's a tweener but he's doing well), all getting good minutes. I suspect Galchenyuk will get some PP time too.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Wow does Colorado have an amazing set of forwards. Next year they'll have Mackinnon replacing Statsny as 2nd line center and they'll have cap space to get a puck moving D + help on the wings (Chris Stewart maybe?). That team will be good for a freackin long time.

God no. I just hope for a healthy Parenteau and Tanguay.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

They want to keep Stastny, he's the most important piece on offense, because he allows everyone to play in their role since he picks up all the toughest match-ups and still keep putting up points, without him O'Reilly must play as a shut-down center, which means Duchene losses the guy that covers for him defensively (watch him tonight, you'll see him shift to center when Duchene gets caught up ice). Stastny and Landeskog have been absolutely fantastic as the shut-down combo.

They don't need another winger, with Tanguay and Parenteau the line-up looks like this:

O'Reilly - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - Stastny - Tanguay
McGinn - MacKinnon - Talbot
Bordeleau - Mitchell - McLeod

They also don't need a puck-mover per say, they need a guy who can play with EJ so that Hejda can play with Barrie who's been great as of late.

You guys will also see something weird when the Avs will be on the PP, Holden will play the point and then when the puck goes down low he drops down and plants himself on the left hand post where he waits for a rebound, it's weird to see a defenseman do that, but he scored a number of goals doing that, plus he has a pretty good shot from the point, his downfall is that he can't skate to save his life and he's not all that good in his own zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad