Pre-Game Talk: 18 March 2014 - Avalanche @ Habs - Lord of the (Stanley Cup) Rings - Le Retour du Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Tomorrow is a huge order!!! :handclap: Let's see if we can build on our recent streak!

I can't wait for Vanek to score. That guy has the bluest balls I've ever seen in term of scoring.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Tomorrow is a huge order!!! :handclap: Let's see if we can build on our recent streak!

I can't wait for Vanek to score. That guy has the bluest balls I've ever seen in term of scoring.

Hopefully he release his goal load before losing his scoring balls.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Can the Habs win this game? Colorado is already a great young team and you know they all will turn it up even more for their coach. They have a half dozen developing "Galchenyuk types" on their roster. Scary stuff!

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Can the Habs win this game? Colorado is already a great young team and you know they all will turn it up even more for their coach. They have a half dozen developing "Galchenyuk types" on their roster. Scary stuff!

Weaver Murray Emelin and Bouillon are on the case. :sarcasm:

Price can win it tho

PricePkPatch*

We can beat them.

We have superior goaltending and superior higher-defensemen. With Emelin keeping in his game, I think we have more than a chance if we play 60 minutes.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
If I can remember correctly, last game we hung in with these guys til the 3rd. We'll get chances with Giguere in net, we just gotta finish. We've been doing better lately in getting early goals, and if Price can shut the door down after that we can pull out a W.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Except Duchene and Landeskog, can't see who you're talking about. I see Galchenyuk with a way higher potential than ROR.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Except Duchene and Landeskog, can't see who you're talking about. I see Galchenyuk with a way higher potential than ROR.

Mackinnon comes to mind and ROR is developing into an outstanding player. My bad, not 6 but easily 4 great young players that sucky teams get to draft when they suck. Kind of like Pittsburgh from 2003-2006 picks.

Analyzer*

Tokarski would let us to victory!

Hopefully Price is in better shape.

Avalanche are a tough team to play. Last time we had Budaj in nets.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Mackinnon comes to mind and ROR is developing into an outstanding player. My bad, not 6 but easily 4 great young players that sucky teams get to draft when they suck. Kind of like Pittsburgh from 2003-2006 picks.

How did I forget about Mackinnon? :laugh:

Let's agree for 3 Galchenyuk level player and a good one in ROR.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Tough to predict a win against Roy and his team and yet....Habs do surprise us when we don't expect them to. Habs win.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
"I told him... You want to take the puck up the ice? Take it up the ice. Make the mistakes you're going to make, and we'll learn from them." Roy talking about Erik Johnson. "To me, the defense exchanging the puck side to side from one to the other forever in our zone... No. Skate the puck up."

Ahhh I wish he was our coach

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Will they still show flashbacks of Roy's days in Montreal during the entire telecast :rolleyes:

Can we just move on now?

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
So far I'm loving the new lines...Therrien finally smartened up and put Gionta on the 3rd, and giving Pleks a winger like Gallagher should definitely spark up his offensive production (along with Briere's too). I have a feeling once Vanek puts in his first goal, he'll be scoring a lot.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Anybody remember Theo's first game back in Montreal after he was traded to Colorado? It was pretty awesome (around 2006 or 2007 I believe).

pine*

Anybody remember Theo's first game back in Montreal after he was traded to Colorado? It was pretty awesome (around 2006 or 2007 I believe).

The 8-5 comeback win which featured a Craig Rivet breakaway goal, classic Sheldon Souray slapshot rockets and swiss cheese goaltending by Theodore and Aebischer? Yup.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
The 8-5 comeback win which featured a Craig Rivet breakaway goal, classic Sheldon Souray slapshot rockets and swiss cheese goaltending by Theodore and Aebischer? Yup.

A slapper that beat Theo by Mike Johnson who then proceeded to fall down.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
"I told him... You want to take the puck up the ice? Take it up the ice. Make the mistakes you're going to make, and we'll learn from them." Roy talking about Erik Johnson. "To me, the defense exchanging the puck side to side from one to the other forever in our zone... No. Skate the puck up."

Ahhh I wish he was our coach
If you don't mind me asking, where did you find this quote? Roy has turned EJ's career around.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you find this quote? Roy has turned EJ's career around.

On a French sports show- he was a guest a little earlier tonight. I translated what he said. He was also asked about his biggest surprise- and said other than Varlamov, he would say EJ.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
As an Avs fan living in Montreal, I've had this game marked on the calendar for the whole season. It should be a competitive game.

Oh, and superior goaltending? Look at the stats! Varly and Price are in the same range. Too bad we're playing Giguere tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad