Pre-Game Talk: 18 March 2014 - Avalanche @ Habs - Lord of the (Stanley Cup) Rings - Le Retour du Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
All the parking meters on boul. Rene-Levesque near the Bell Centre are totally empty until 6:30pm, because no parking is allowed during rush-hour. Get there for 6:30, you'll find a ton of available meter parking one block away from the game.

PS: Great seats dude! Enjoy!

Great thank you, do you how much I should keep on me (money) to cover the full game (meter parking).

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Great thank you, do you how much I should keep on me (money) to cover the full game (meter parking).

assuming you have a smartphone, download the ServiceMobile app. You can only put in 2 (or 3?) hours at a time, but just set a reminder on your phone to pay again once the time's up.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

I think someone might have mentioned it. But you can pay with your phone from inside the bell centre during a whistle if you'd like. Technology be crazy.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So what are the lines for tonight? Specifically the Defence.

Murray on the back end worries me against a speedy team like Colarado.

I'd like to see:

Briere-Plekanec-Gallagher - Briere and Plekanec work very well together, I think the latter has problems meshing with linemates so we should maintain their partnership. Gallagher works on any line, and the others can use a digger.
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek - Gotta stack this line. DD looks to be getting used to feeding Vanek and having him on this line frees up Gallagher, who is desperately needed elsewhere to jumpstart a different line. Having at least 2 lines going at once is crucial down the stretch.
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta - Eller and Gionta both play simple games and I think that's why they've shown chemistry. Galchenyuk add some creativity and more size and speed.
Moen-Prust-Weise - We have a good problem on our hands with so many NHLers available to play. It sucks to sit white but he wont play over Prust or Moen. And I've loved weise since he's been here. Fast, big, can play along the boards. He's still young too, I think he can show himself to be a decent 3rd liner if given the opportunity.

Basically I've tried to spread out the smurfs and it works pretty well. The Eller line is balanced well (plus gionta is not a pushover), And DD has two large-ish wingers with skill. I hope we can get that trio clicking, they could be really dominant. I know the Plekanec line is small but all 3 of those guys work well in traffic and to be honest if I had to make an all-small line this would be it. Gallagher IMO is simply short. If you look at his body he's wide and very, very strong. Briere is sneaky as hell and Plekanec is a warrior. The 4th line is great as well.

The Defence:

Boullion-Subban (unfortunately we need to separate Markov and PK to help with the offence; I'd rather see them together. Plus Cube hasn't been awful)

Markov-Emelin (Duh)

Tinordi-Weaver (Weaver has surprised me with his mobility, though overall he's been pretty meh. Tinordi should draw back in for his mobility and energy, and as a bonus he can play LD)

Last edited:

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

I'd like to see:

Boullion-Subban (unfortunately we need to separate Markov and PK to help with the offence; I'd rather see them together. Plus Cube hasn't been awful)

Markov-Emelin

Tinordi-Weaver (Weaver has surprised me with his mobility, though overall he's been pretty meh. Tinordi should draw back in for his mobility and energy, and as a bonus he can play LD)
I think these are the D we will see. Like you said, Murray is just too slow to hang with a team like COL.

I miss Beaulieu though. Still don't understand why he wasn't brought back up after the break.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think these are the D we will see. Like you said, Murray is just too slow to hang with a team like COL.

I miss Beaulieu though. Still don't understand why he wasn't brought back up after the break.

If the rumours are true that Beaulieu has a bad attitude, then IMO he should be kept close to temper his ego. Think about it. I'd rather have Beaulieu be humbled by being in the presence of a guy like Markov or Plekanec than in Hamilton where he's the big fish and he thinks too highly of himself.

Not to mention we actually need PMD's. The only explanation is Beaulieu's absence is off-ice issues. His play has been impressive, and I think moreso than Tinordi

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
If the rumours are true that Beaulieu has a bad attitude, then IMO he should be kept close to temper his ego. Think about it. I'd rather have Beaulieu be humbled by being in the presence of a guy like Markov or Plekanec than in Hamilton where he's the big fish and he thinks too highly of himself.

Not to mention we actually need PMD's. The only explanation is Beaulieu's absence is off-ice issues. His play has been impressive, and I think moreso than Tinordi
He brings more to our current team than Tinordi at this point IMO. Both are going to make mistakes obviously but NB's offensive upside outweighs his defensive deficiencies at this point. Him and Murray were actually pretty good together, and our record with him playing in the line up before the break was great. I'm not sure what he did, but it definitely pissed somebody off because otherwise I don't understand. He'd be great in a game like tonight against a team like COL, and with the way our PP has been performing lately, he's a much better option than Bouillon on the second wave.

To be honest, I'd be mad too if I was him. They trade Diaz to seemingly make a spot for him only to not recall him after the break. It'd be pretty disheartening.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Alright just downloaded the app... I just have to take the parking lot code/number and pay right from the phone... god technology.

Be careful when you download the god app. I accidentally hit the "Create heaven and Earth" button while driving and had to squeeze a new universe into my backseat.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He brings more to our current team than Tinordi at this point IMO. Both are going to make mistakes obviously but NB's offensive upside outweighs his defensive deficiencies at this point. Him and Murray were actually pretty good together, and our record with him playing in the line up before the break was great. I'm not sure what he did, but it definitely pissed somebody off because otherwise I don't understand. He'd be great in a game like tonight against a team like COL, and with the way our PP has been performing lately, he's a much better option than Bouillon on the second wave.

To be honest, I'd be mad too if I was him. They trade Diaz to seemingly make a spot for him only to not recall him after the break. It'd be pretty disheartening.

Having that third puck mover would be huge for us. I really, really like Beaulieu. He's so freaking fast, and really, really agile. He's one of the best skater's I've seen on the Habs in some time. He's smooth as silk.

He has the skill and IQ of a small PMD, but he has the size to be physical and good around the net. That combined with his speed could make him a very good hitter. Plus he can throw 'em if needed.

Beaulieu (ceiling wise) Is a complete player, and a rare talent. I really really hope he can stick in the lineup. Absolute steal for us in the draft.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Just got tickets in section 106! I have to leave work at 5:30 (Boucherville) any advice on what parking I should go to (have to take the car)?

Park your car far away and take the metro. You wanna be panicking about parking downtown when you should be concentrating on the game? :shakehead Priorities.

Last edited by a moderator:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Wow That Roy interview on tsn really shows how much he wanted to coach us :(

Actually, he wanted to Coach and MANAGE the Montreal Canadiens with zero NHL experience at either position. No regrets. Talk to you in a year.

PricePkPatch*

I'm happy for the Avs. Their new coach really managed to turn things around. Kind of like our own did.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I'd like to see:

Briere-Plekanec-Gallagher - Briere and Plekanec work very well together, I think the latter has problems meshing with linemates so we should maintain their partnership. Gallagher works on any line, and the others can use a digger.
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek - Gotta stack this line. DD looks to be getting used to feeding Vanek and having him on this line frees up Gallagher, who is desperately needed elsewhere to jumpstart a different line. Having at least 2 lines going at once is crucial down the stretch.
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta - Eller and Gionta both play simple games and I think that's why they've shown chemistry. Galchenyuk add some creativity and more size and speed.
Moen-Prust-Weise - We have a good problem on our hands with so many NHLers available to play. It sucks to sit white but he wont play over Prust or Moen. And I've loved weise since he's been here. Fast, big, can play along the boards. He's still young too, I think he can show himself to be a decent 3rd liner if given the opportunity.

Basically I've tried to spread out the smurfs and it works pretty well. The Eller line is balanced well (plus gionta is not a pushover), And DD has two large-ish wingers with skill. I hope we can get that trio clicking, they could be really dominant. I know the Plekanec line is small but all 3 of those guys work well in traffic and to be honest if I had to make an all-small line this would be it. Gallagher IMO is simply short. If you look at his body he's wide and very, very strong. Briere is sneaky as hell and Plekanec is a warrior. The 4th line is great as well.

The Defence:

Markov-Emelin (Duh)

Great post. Would read again.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Should be an exciting game. MacKinnon's speed through the NZ is incredible to watch. Reminds me of Seguin's speed (THANK YOU JIM NILL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad