'18-'19 Pacific Division

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
A glance at the divisional roster changes...

Last yr:

Knights - 109 pts
Ducks - 101 pts
Sharks - 100 pts
Kings - 98 pts
Flames - 84 pts
Oilers - 78 pts
Canucks - 73 pts
Coyotes - 70 pts

Some significant roster changes to date:

Vegas
IN: Stastny, Holden,
OUT: Perron, Neal, (Sbisa, Stoner)

Ducks
IN: L.Schenn, Sustr, Gibbons, Rowney, Rodin
OUT: Wagner, (Vermette, Bieksa)

Sharks
IN:
OUT: Boedker, (Ward)

Kings
IN: Budaj, Kovy
OUT: Andreoff, (Cammalleri)

Flames
IN: Hanifin, Lindholm, Neal, Ryan
OUT: Hamilton, Ferland, Brouwer, Stajan, Bartkowski, Shore

Oilers
IN: Jerabek, Gravel, Brodziak, Rieder
OUT: (Sekera-IR), Gryba

Canucks
IN: Roussel, Beagle, Schaller, PETTERSSON
OUT: Sedin, Sedin, Dowd

Coyotes
IN: Galchenyuk, Grabner,
OUT: Domi, Hickey, Rinaldo

Maybe people can add who the other team's rookies are that expect to make the teams ala Pettersson..

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Lister

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Guessing Dylan Strome will finally make the Coyotes full-time. Not a rookie anymore, as he has 28GP to the rookie GP limit of 25GP

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The D comparison....

Knights - Miller, McNabb, Theodore, Schmidt, Holden, Engelland, Merill, Hunt
Ducks - Fowler, Lindholm, Montour, Manson, Holzer, Schenn, Sustr
Sharks - Burns, Vlasic, Dillon, Braun, DeMelo, Ryan, Heed
Kings - Doughty, Phaneuf, Muzzin, Martinez, Forbort, Brickley
Flames - Giordano, Brodie, Harmonic, Hanifin, Stone, Kulak, Stone, Prout
Oilers - Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse, Russell, Benning, Jerabek, Gravel
Canucks - Edler, Tanev, Del Zotto, Gudbranson, Hutton, Stecher, Juolevi, Pouliot
Coyotes - OEL, Goligoski, Hjalmarsson, Connauton, Demers, Chychrun

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Goalies

Knights - MAF, Subban
Ducks - Gibson, Miller
Sharks - Jones, Dell
Kings - Quick, Budaj
Flames - Smith, Gilles
Oilers - Talbot, Koskinen
Canucks - Markstrom, Nilsson
Coyotes - Raanta, Kuemper

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
My predicted standings order:

Sharks
Knights
Kings
Flames
Ducks
Oilers
Coyotes
Canucks
Leaving the Canucks out of it...
Of the other 7....

Who do you (and anyone else who wants to discuss) think will:

Improve the most, drop the most?

(I guess based on your standings... The Ducks drop off the most positionally... how many points you figure they lose?

edit.. Might as well wait to see how they all look in preseason.. We're this close... might as well wait 3-4-5 more weeks. My gut tells me the Sharks will be slightly worse next year... but I think they are moving some youth into the lineup who I don't know much of yet...

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
My predicted standings order:

Sharks
Knights
Kings
Flames
Ducks
Oilers
Coyotes
Canucks
Thats pretty close to my guess too. I kinda see it like this ROUGHLY

San Jose 100-105
LA 100-105
Las Vegas 100
Calgary 95-100
Arizona 90
Edmonton 85-90
Anahiem 80-85
Vancity 65-70

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Think Vegas will drop, and Oilers will pick up the slack. Think Ana will not do as well as anticipated, and that VCR will, as usual, still be in the playoff hunt in Dec.

The only advantage to our signings is that the improved grittiness will reduce our injuries. It will be SWE fighting for the Calder ... Pettersson vs Dahlin.

Reactions: Jimnastic

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Call it just a feeling....but the Ducks core is aging fast and Vegas is bound to start looking like an expansion team soon once they start integrating young players into the lineup. Arizona is a darkhorse. They've made some nice additions and expectations in Calgary are sky-high. And I don't know about the Sharks. Every team Evander Kane has ever played for has underachieved and their best players are over 30.

Almost every hockey site has the Canucks bottoming out. But if they stay healthy and their goaltending (Markstrom/Demko) can pick it up they might surprise.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Call it just a feeling....but the Ducks core is aging fast and Vegas is bound to start looking like an expansion team soon once they start integrating young players into the lineup. Arizona is a darkhorse. They've made some nice additions and expectations in Calgary are sky-high. And I don't know about the Sharks. Every team Evander Kane has ever played for has underachieved and their best players are over 30.

Almost every hockey site has the Canucks bottoming out. But if they stay healthy and their goaltending (Markstrom/Demko) can pick it up they might surprise.
Yep...they might be only 30th in the league......

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Think Vegas will drop, and Oilers will pick up the slack. Think Ana will not do as well as anticipated, and that VCR will, as usual, still be in the playoff hunt in Dec.

The only advantage to our signings is that the improved grittiness will reduce our injuries. It will be SWE fighting for the Calder ... Pettersson vs Dahlin.

Basically everyone is “still in the playoff hunt” in December.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Basically everyone is “still in the playoff hunt” in December.

Clarify - they will be in the hunt because they will be between 6 - 11 in the west. ie they will be within a couple or 3 points of being in a playoff spot. Not "if they win 10 games in a row they will be with in 4 points of a playoff spot."

Reactions: Jimnastic

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Clarify - they will be in the hunt because they will be between 6 - 11 in the west. ie they will be within a couple or 3 points of being in a playoff spot. Not "if they win 10 games in a row they will be with in 4 points of a playoff spot."

His point stands. At the end of December last year every team but the coyotes were within 4 points of a playoff spot. If you actually manage to not be in the hunt by December, that's a far more noteworthy event.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
1. San Jose - Meier Hertl TierneyKane Donskoi and Labanc have rejuvenated the Sharks. With the PP they have and balance i feel they are the top seed.
2. Calgary - Hanifin Lindholm Neal and a rejuvenated Bennett Backlund Brodie will make the Flames a tough piece of business. Smith will have to be reliable.
3. Edmonton - not because they made great moves but i feel a bunch of players will bounce back and Puljajarvi and Yamamoto will score..........and well McDavid and Draisaitl.
4. Vegas - Huge drop off.....a lot of players regress to previous standards and the loss of the 2nd line and depth is killer. Still a fast team with lots of prime aged energy.
5. Los Angeles - Solid core and Kovy should help the PP.....not a deep team though if a few injuries hit they could plummet.
6. Anaheim - Getting long in the tooth are Getzlaf Perry Kesler and Cogliano but that defense and Gibson are really good
7. Vancouver - Gonna be a pesky team and lots of compete will allow them to follow up last years finish. Boeser and Pettersson show that they are gonna be top scorers in this league for years to come and defensively they are much improved
8 Arizona - Still lacking a go to scorer and Keller regresses somewhat.

LA Anaheim and Vegas are moving down for the next few years while Van Arizona and Calgary Edmonton will start to rise.
Calgary is my big riser and Vegas the big dropper next year

Reactions: coldsteel79

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
1. Sharks
2. Kings
3. Knights
4. Ducks
5. Flames
6. Oilers
7. Coyotes
8. Canucks

really only one that i'm confident in is the Canucks finishing last, rest is jump ball.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I don't see the Vegas regression occurring... not as a team anyway. Individuals may... like 40g scorer Karlsson.

But they replaced Perron and Neal with Stastny and essentially Tatar (gets a full camp to properly fit in).

They still will be the swarming speedy team from this last year that pretty much every western team will have difficulty beating in a 7 game series.

Coaches and all key pieces are in tact... and Holden is a slick under the radar addition - very good pick up.

I see Vegas still topping the division.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

I agree that Vegas will regress. Losing Neal and Perron is huge. I think they stirred the drink that buoyed the Knights. Neal with his excellent pedigree, and Perron with his feisty play and experience. I think Karlsson and Marchessault have steep declines without the protection of these two and the general hype dies down leaving ... an expansion team. We'll see how Statsny fits in but I have my doubts.

Sharks
Kings
Flames
Coyotes
Ducks
Knights
Canucks
Oilers

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I agree that Vegas will regress. Losing Neal and Perron is huge. I think they stirred the drink that buoyed the Knights. Neal with his excellent pedigree, and Perron with his feisty play and experience. I think Karlsson and Marchessault have steep declines without the protection of these two and the general hype dies down leaving ... an expansion team. We'll see how Statsny fits in but I have my doubts.

Sharks
Kings
Flames
Coyotes
Ducks
Knights
Canucks
Oilers
You think those 2 and some individual regression is worth a 20-25 pt drop in the standings?
Severe.

Same coch, same systems, same D core, same goalies.... same smothering speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00