Post-Game Talk: 18/19 Endless boilerplate arguments regarding Management thread | Pt. V. Oil up your mouse wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I tried accessing your post history, but for some reason it only goes back to early November, 2018. I recall you posting intentionally misleading things and playing dumb on here in the summer, around August this year, probably in the management thread. If I had access to these months for your posting history, I'm sure I could find the posts.

It shows only 15 pages of post history but if you go to page 15, there is a link on the bottom "find older posts", if you click that, you get the next 15 pages. And so on and on... Just a weird thing of the board software it seems.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
It’s not worth arguing with that guy. He’s already admitted in the past to purposefully saying stupid things and basically trolling this forum. He gets shredded in every debate here and runs away when he can’t counter points anymore. The only thing that would make his posts and positions defensible is that’s he’s getting paid by the Canucks to spin crap on here. He’s not worth the effort or time.

If payment is involved or not is irrelevant. What's relevant is that the poster is either a professional or armchair PR person. Every post is to twist and turn to put Benning and the Canucks in as favourable a light as possible. The motivations for doing so could be many. Reading the posts is the equivalent to watching Conway on CNN. Half expect the next round of posts to include the argument of "alternate facts". Seems to be going in that direction.

Reactions: MS

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016
I guess the problem sometimes is to identify whether someone is actually trolling or just has a rather strange interpretation of reality.

I still remenber his post when he was upset that he missed the opportunity to call in and confront MG during his radio interview.

That would've been the best sound bite of all time :biglaugh:

Reactions: Peter10

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016
I usually go high when people go low against me and commit ad hominem but this is too far. Out of all the intentional misinterpretations, quote mining and manipulation of my posts I can’t even imagine how you came to that conclusion. Why don’t you show everyone where I said that?

maybe you should consider a less potent drug...

Reactions: vanuck and Peter10

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I like the Beagle,Roussel signings..At the time Beagle went down,our PK was 8th in the league (and since both shutdown Centers went down .Sutter and Beagle..,it basically plummeted)....Obviously the term is too long,but after Beagle wiped the floor with everybody on fitness testing,I'm not worried about him regressing due to age...

Four years for both Beagle and Roussel when you have younger, cheaper guys who can do the job, is almost criminal. In fact it's even worse than three years for Gagner or two years for Schaller and Del Zotto. Of course there's a good chance Jimbo will be long gone before these deals are as much of an albatross as the current dead-weight contract for Eriksson.

But I guess the only guy who can decide he's had enough is the owner. After all, he's the guy who writes the checks.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Is winning your only determination of success?

Quickly which nfl qb do you take:
Dan Marino or Nik foles

Or which hockey player?
Henrik sedin or jay beagle?
The Coyotes haven't made the playoffs in 6 years..going on 7 this year...I liked Chayka's selection of Clayton Keller..but I'm still not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for that franchise.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Four years for both Beagle and Roussel when you have younger, cheaper guys who can do the job, is almost criminal. In fact it's even worse than three years for Gagner or two years for Schaller and Del Zotto. Of course there's a good chance Jimbo will be long gone before these deals are as much of an albatross as the current dead-weight contract for Eriksson.

But I guess the only guy who can decide he's had enough is the owner. After all, he's the guy who writes the checks.
I think the previous season demonstrated that Archibald and Gaunce were not up to the job (they are not even solid NHL players)....Probably why Green and Benning saw a need for an upgrade.

MDZ's contract is up at the end of the year...Gagners next year...Beagle and Roussels salary are not going to impact any of the big salaries coming up.

Agreed on Eriksson..brutal.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
The Coyotes haven't made the playoffs in 6 years..going on 7 this year...I liked Chayka's selection of Clayton Keller..but I'm still not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for that franchise.

Are you aware that he was named GM in May 2016? There is still a chance they could make the playoffs but they are hampered by their division which is far better than the Pacific. In terms of Winning % their are sitting at 9th in the West. The Coyotes are also a franchise that is one of the most limited in terms of financial resources. Just the pure fact that they are performing at a similar (actually better) level than the rich Canucks should be called a success story and it just shows how poorly the Canucks are run.

And just as a disclaimer, I like Chaykas early moves but not really a fan of some of the stuff he has done in the last year.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Are you aware that he was named GM in May 2016? There is still a chance they could make the playoffs but they are hampered by their division which is far better than the Pacific. In terms of Winning % their are sitting at 9th in the West. The Coyotes are also a franchise that is one of the most limited in terms of financial resources. Just the pure fact that they are performing at a similar (actually better) level than the rich Canucks should be called a success story and it just shows how poorly the Canucks are run.

And just as a disclaimer, I like Chaykas early moves but not really a fan of some of the stuff he has done in the last year.
That Max Domi deal is looking like a landslide win for the Habs

Reactions: JuniorNelson

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016
After your posts regarding burying 1st round picks in the minors (one of the most absurd series of posts I have ever seen on HF Van)...You should maybe take your own advice.

Yeah...I guess so. Even though Toronto did it and look where they are now. So absurd of TO to do that! Stupid leafs, trying to win a SC...

:biglaugh:

Reactions: geebaan

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I usually go high when people go low against me and commit ad hominem but this is too far. Out of all the intentional misinterpretations, quote mining and manipulation of my posts I can’t even imagine how you came to that conclusion. Why don’t you show everyone where I said that?

My apologies, I gave you too much credit in thinking you were self-aware of your misleading and stupid posts.

Here's a gem I found:

it’s actually amazing what a job Benning has done with the drafting.

Boeser has been compared to Mike Bossy

Elias Peterson has been compared to Wayne Gretzky

Quinn Hughes has been compared to Bobby Orr

Olli Juolevi has been compared to Nicklas Lidstrom

Bo Horvat has been compared to Patrice Bergeron

Can you imagine a power play of:

Gretzky - Bergeron - Bossy
Orr - Lidstrom

Having the modern day equivalent will be incredible to watch in about 2-3 years.

If that isn't intentionally stupid, I don't know what is.

2018 Management Discussion, Pt. III - Now with Less Trevor and More Mutiny

I was able to find a bunch of other ridiculously stupid posts throughout that thread too, like saying that "criticizing criticisms is the top tier intelligence" or contradicting yourself when it comes to veterans taking contract spots.​

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016

and you see something with the Canucks?

Stupid Arizona using cap space to acquire 1st round picks when they could have signed Beagle, Schaller and Roussel.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

As per usual you avoided the question. Is winning the only way to measure success?

If not your other comment earlier was bs and you can admit it

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016
My apologies, I gave you too much credit in thinking you were self-aware of your misleading and stupid posts.

Here's a gem I found:

Orr - Lidstrom

Having the modern day equivalent will be incredible to watch in about 2-3 years.

I was able to find a bunch of other ridiculously stupid posts throughout that thread too, like saying that "criticizing criticisms is the top tier intelligence" or contradicting yourself when it comes to veterans taking contract spots.​

There is no need to waste time, we all know rmb's post well.

Finding stupid posts is not the difficult part, it's trying to choose the stupidist post because there's so much to search through.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
As per usual you avoided the question. Is winning the only way to measure success?

If not your other comment earlier was bs and you can admit it
Not bs at all..Post #884 was lamenting on the Canucks not retaining Chayka..leading to my comment about" what has he won? "(still waiting)....Why is it a loss we didn't retain him..What has he done?..You're avoiding the question.

We're talking about Chayka..not Benning..stay on topic.

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah...I guess so. Even though Toronto did it and look where they are now. So absurd of TO to do that! Stupid leafs, trying to win a SC...

:biglaugh:
Burying 1st round picks in order to tank harder.?...You should take that one to the main boards...genius.

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016
Burying 1st round picks in order to tank harder.?...You should take that one to the main boards...genius.

Requires strategic thought. No surprise you can't understand :sarcasm:

Results burying Nylander for rebuilding purpose:

Leafs serious contenders for SC.

Results for not sending down 1st round picks for further development:

Canucks serious contenders for a top 3 pick in the draft.

And it happens all the time...we even did it with a 5OA pick. You know, the guy you think is the next Lidstrom :biglaugh:

Last edited:

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016
Not bs at all..Post #884 was lamenting on the Canucks not retaining Chayka..leading to my comment about" what has he won? "(still waiting)....Why is it a loss we didn't retain him..What has he done?..You're avoiding the question.

We're talking about Chayka..not Benning..stay on topic.

It's related because bennbrod got rid of all the smart people in the organization. He dummied down the group to his level... Chayka being one of the smarter guys he fired.

This is a futile attempt to gear any questions to suit yourself. You're the one going off topic.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

Here's a gem I found:

Orr - Lidstrom

That’s not what you were supposed to look for.. you were supposed to back up your previous claim:

He’s already admitted in the past to purposefully saying stupid things and basically trolling this forum.

Since you obviously can’t find anything close to this will you apologize for lying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad