Post-Game Talk: 18/19 Endless boilerplate arguments regarding Management thread | Pt. V. Oil up your mouse wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Do you understand the difference between an opinion and reporting information?

Whether or not Benning is smart is a fact about reality.

Whether or not Benning was offered the 9oa for Miller is also a fact about reality.

In the latter case you appealed to the authority of a CanucksArmy writer as the sole determinant of its truth value. If you care about consistency you should do the same with the former.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012

Whether or not Benning was offered the 9oa for Miller is also a fact about reality.

In the latter case you appealed to the authority of a CanucksArmy writer as the sole determinant of its truth value. If you care about consistency you should do the same with the former.
“a fact about reality”....you might want to check with your Gr. 10 English teacher.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I’m just using y2k’s stupid logic against him. I believe Benning is smart because it’s most likely the case when you consider the evidence of reality and use some common sense. Not because someone wrote it in an article.

If you believe Jeff Gorton - who took the Rangers from a President’s trophy winner to a non playoff team going nowhere fast - is some sort of genius then I wonder what your criteria for evaluating a good GM and doubt it would be consistent compared to the standard you use for Benning

Can you show the evidence you have that benning is smart in relation to being the gm, I can show you 3 years of standings where he was “competing” and finished as among the worst teams in the nhl and the worst in that 3 year period that says he wasn’t smart

And I specifically said that the 3 month span of work Gorton did as gm of the bruins was some of the best I’ve ever seen. do you agree or disagree? I didn’t comment on him as a gm overall so twisting words again and avoiding the discussion

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

What does that even mean? You tried using a statement of opinion to back this up. This is nowhere close to me citing a source that reported an actual event. It's two different things. If you can't understand the difference it's no point in continuing this conversation because we'll never get anywhere.

In one case I referred to an article that reported an event. In another you're referring to an article that reported an opinion.

EDIT: If the report you quoted were referencing Benning's IQ tests or something along those lines then you'd have a point. However, based on your post history I would expect you to call those tests opinions and unreliable. Especially since we all know how well he would perform on those.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
What does that even mean? You tried using a statement of opinion to back this up. This is nowhere close to me citing a source that reported an actual event. It's two different things. If you can't understand the difference it's no point in continuing this conversation because we'll never get anywhere.

In one case I referred to an article that reported an event. In another you're referring to an article that reported an opinion.

EDIT: If the report you quoted were referencing Benning's IQ tests or something along those lines then you'd have a point. However, based on your post history I would expect you to call those tests opinions and unreliable. Especially since we all know how well he would perform on those.

It’s not worth arguing with that guy. He’s already admitted in the past to purposefully saying stupid things and basically trolling this forum. He gets shredded in every debate here and runs away when he can’t counter points anymore. The only thing that would make his posts and positions defensible is that’s he’s getting paid by the Canucks to spin crap on here. He’s not worth the effort or time.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Francesco Aquilini on Twitter: Injuries and tough schedule have taken a toll, but I like the way our guys battle hard and support each other. So many games come down to a goalpost, a weird bounce, a questionable call. Despite the losses, there are good signs.

renderTimingPixel.png

Here come the excuses on Twitter from Frankie. Surprised it took this long tbh.

member 290103

Here come the excuses on Twitter from Frankie. Surprised it took this long tbh.

“Despite the fact Dim tried to ice a competitive team, he’s failed once again, but hey that means more young players! Next off season we will be sure to pay triple for more middling veteran talent and surely fall flat again, but hey, that means more young players! The future is bright and even though it will never come to pass, the future is really brighter than ever!”

Yayyyyyyyy!

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Francesco Aquilini on Twitter: Injuries and tough schedule have taken a toll, but I like the way our guys battle hard and support each other. So many games come down to a goalpost, a weird bounce, a questionable call. Despite the losses, there are good signs.
renderTimingPixel.png

Maybe he should fire whoever is responsible for the medical side

View media item 3433

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
It’s not worth arguing with that guy. He’s already admitted in the past to purposefully saying stupid things and basically trolling this forum. He gets shredded in every debate here and runs away when he can’t counter points anymore. The only thing that would make his posts and positions defensible is that’s he’s getting paid by the Canucks to spin crap on here. He’s not worth the effort or time.

I wonder what it would take for the mods to actually ban someone from this forum. Removing the user you're referring to would improve the discourse here by 1000%

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

I usually go high when people go low against me and commit ad hominem but this is too far. Out of all the intentional misinterpretations, quote mining and manipulation of my posts I can’t even imagine how you came to that conclusion. Why don’t you show everyone where I said that?

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

Wasnt that our hindi friend?

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I wonder what it would take for the mods to actually ban someone from this forum. Removing the user you're referring to would improve the discourse here by 1000%

I guess the problem sometimes is to identify whether someone is actually trolling or just has a rather strange interpretation of reality.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Going back over the sorry record of UFA signings I'm struggling to find a single guy who actually worked out for the Canucks. Beagle, Schaller and Roussel only seem to be the latest.

How can Jimbo and the Canucks hockey ops braintrust consistently whiff with UFA signings, offering up contracts with bad numbers and ridiculous term?

I remember posters saying on July 1st that swapping out Gaunce for Schaller; Gaudette for Beagle; and Archibald for Roussel wouldn't make one iota of difference to the Canucks on-ice performance. And they were absolutely right. Unfortunately the Canucks are now struck with these guys because the term on their contracts means they're basically untradeabke,

So if Francesco is fond of tweeting. How about answering a basic question. When will the hockey ops types running your billion dollar corporation actually be held accountable for these awful UFA signings?

Reactions: vanuck and MS

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Going back over the sorry record of UFA signings I'm struggling to find a single guy who actually worked out for the Canucks. Beagle, Schaller and Roussel only seem to be the latest.

How can Jimbo and the Canucks hockey ops braintrust consistently whiff with UFA signings, offering up contracts with bad numbers and ridiculous term?

I remember posters saying on July 1st that swapping out Gaunce for Schaller; Gaudette for Beagle; and Archibald for Roussel wouldn't make one iota of difference to the Canucks on-ice performance. And they were absolutely right. Unfortunately the Canucks are now struck with these guys because the term on their contracts means they're basically untradeabke,

So if Francesco is fond of tweeting. How about answering a basic question. When will the hockey ops types running your billion dollar corporation actually be held accountable for these awful UFA signings?
I like the Beagle,Roussel signings..At the time Beagle went down,our PK was 8th in the league (and since both shutdown Centers went down .Sutter and Beagle..,it basically plummeted)....Obviously the term is too long,but after Beagle wiped the floor with everybody on fitness testing,I'm not worried about him regressing due to age...

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I usually go high when people go low against me and commit ad hominem but this is too far. Out of all the intentional misinterpretations, quote mining and manipulation of my posts I can’t even imagine how you came to that conclusion. Why don’t you show everyone where I said that?

I tried accessing your post history, but for some reason it only goes back to early November, 2018. I recall you posting intentionally misleading things and playing dumb on here in the summer, around August this year, probably in the management thread. If I had access to these months for your posting history, I'm sure I could find the posts.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I tried accessing your post history, but for some reason it only goes back to early November, 2018. I recall you posting intentionally misleading things and playing dumb on here in the summer, around August this year, probably in the management thread. If I had access to these months for your posting history, I'm sure I could find the posts.

Oh well in that case I guess we should all just take your word for it...

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016
Well the fact of the matter is Jim Benning is a very smart man and you have to believe that because a writer for Canucks Army and The Athletic wrote it in an article once:

Canucks News: Jim Benning Changing Trade Deadline Strategy

The first time I read your post I thought, 'this is the dumbest argument/post I've ever read...'

Following day, 'THIS is the dumbest post I've ever read...'

Every. Single. Day.

You have to be on HF boards payroll to stir s*** up...there is no possible way that you are like this in real life.

nuck luck

Mar 2, 2016
Chayka is better than Benning? I don’t think so. You can make a case for it but he hasn’t done enough to earn any consideration over a Stanley Cup winning manager like Benning. Even Chiarelli who gets so much hate around here has proven more as a GM than Chayka. I can only imagine how much hate Chayka would get if he was the Canucks GM and the media didn’t trot him out as some kind of math prodigy and he made moves like trading a top 10 pick for Derek Stepan during a rebuild. At the very least Benning is a much better rebuilder than Chayka because he never traded away his high picks.

Multiple times. Every. Day.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I like the Beagle,Roussel signings..At the time Beagle went down,our PK was 8th in the league (and since both shutdown Centers went down .Sutter and Beagle..,it basically plummeted)....Obviously the term is too long,but after Beagle wiped the floor with everybody on fitness testing,I'm not worried about him regressing due to age...

Beagle went down 6 games into the season, Austin Matthews was on pace for 100+ goals at that time. Don’t you think that’s a bit early to be praising him for an amazing penalty kill?

Also there will be regression on beagle at 31 henrik had 81 points and then at 35 only 55 so if henrik sedin had regression beagle will have regression in skills.

And regression in skills for a player that is a fourth liner means the guy will be an AHL player.

Unless you think Jay Beagle will be the first player to beat the undisputed champion father time

Reactions: timw33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad