GDT: #18 - 02/26/2013 | Winnipeg Jets @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
No way Bickel plays 4th line, it has to be Powe on the 4th and Miller, Boyle Kreider on the 3rd.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think it is a huge deal that your going to keep someone in the lineup to play 3 minutes when you have a young guy who has offense potential going to waste.

MDZ is coming back off of an injury. Girardi is too. Staal is recovering from the flu. Having a 7th defenseman/12th forward dressed is not a bad idea.

And let's not act as if Kreider was lighting the world on fire with his play.

WeWillWinTonight

Apr 2, 2008
NY
MDZ is coming back off of an injury. Girardi is too. Staal is recovering from the flu. Having a 7th defenseman/12th forward dressed is not a bad idea.

And let's not act as if Kreider was lighting the world on fire with his play.

Even when Bickel is the 6th d man he gets 3 minutes his presence is useless at this point.

And yes it's difficult for Kreider to do anything special when isn't utilized in the appropriate ways.

Dorado*

Could the already mediocre NYR be any worse with Kreider playing 13-24-15 min plus a night and getting some kind of feel back into his game . Torts is really losing it .
On a separate note is really like to see PYatt impose his will a little bit more

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Even when Bickel is the 6th d man he gets 3 minutes his presence is useless at this point.

And yes it's difficult for Kreider to do anything special when isn't utilized in the appropriate ways.

What's the appropriate way? He hasn't looked good. Should the Rangers just give him 20 minutes a night with Stepan and Hagelin and hope he comes out of it? Are you willing to lose games as he does nothing?

WeWillWinTonight

Apr 2, 2008
NY
What's the appropriate way? He hasn't looked good. Should the Rangers just give him 20 minutes a night with Stepan and Hagelin and hope he comes out of it? Are you willing to lose games as he does nothing?

The appropriate way would to not play two fringe nhl players over him and if you do then send him to AHL

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The appropriate way would to not play two fringe nhl players over him and if you do then send him to AHL

He should be in the AHL, I agree. He should not be playing over Mashinter on the 4th line. He has been fine and provides some toughness. Obviously Torts is not okay with the Rangers forwards being healthy. Maybe someone is banged up? Maybe Powe isn't 100% a go?

WeWillWinTonight

Apr 2, 2008
NY
He should be in the AHL, I agree. He should not be playing over Mashinter on the 4th line. He has been fine and provides some toughness. Obviously Torts is not okay with the Rangers forwards being healthy. Maybe someone is banged up? Maybe Powe isn't 100% a go?

Or think about the fact we haven't scored a goal now in over 60 minutes I'd prefer to have some one out there who actually has scored an NHL goal

Vickers8

Should be playing over Bickel. put Powe on 4th line

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
It would be nice if Lundqvist had one of those games where he doesn,t let anything get past him.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Rangers have games in hand on 11 of the other 14 teams in the conference.

They have Winnipeg, Tampa, Sabres, Philly, Isles in the next 5 and then 3 out of the following 4 are against teams currently below them.

Its time to start getting points, right now. I dont care whos out and whos in. Step up to the plate and deliver. If they get through that stretch getting less than 10 points they are in major trouble

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Could the already mediocre NYR be any worse with Kreider playing 13-24-15 min plus a night and getting some kind of feel back into his game . Torts is really losing it .
On a separate note is really like to see PYatt impose his will a little bit more

Dorado, you're on a roll this morning! Keep preaching, maybe Tortorella will finally come to his senses and send some of that grit, jam, sandpaper back down to Hartford and start being an actual coach with a pulse for the team. Seems like he has given up and is holding on to his job security to me....Just my opinion. If he gets this team to score 2.75 G/G AND be somewhere in the vicinity of 22nd> on the PP, it will be a success, but until then, we are not going anywhere until we get a coach AND system change. No to Ruff, no to Gernander. We need someone who knows offense and can make in-game adjustments. Stop being a stubborn mule Torts!

WeWillWinTonight

Apr 2, 2008
NY
And playing Kreider 4 minutes is going to change that?

No but the chances of scoring a goal increase a lot more when you play him more.

I'm not trying to argue with you but we clearly have conflicting philosophies. Guys like Bickel and mashinter are not going to get this team going in my opinion. (And FYI I like Bickel)

Bardof425*

Please, please, please eat at Nathans like you always do. We really need a win.

Fingers crossed Gaborik can pot a few.

Will this be the game Richards gets back on track?

Richards looked a little better last game. Maybe this is the start of a gradual improvement to where he needs to be.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
No but the chances of scoring a goal increase a lot more when you play him more.

I'm not trying to argue with you but we clearly have conflicting philosophies. Guys like Bickel and mashinter are not going to get this team going in my opinion. (And FYI I like Bickel)

Which is funny, because I don't like Bickel. :laugh:

I just feel that players have their roles. Expecting a 4th liner to provide any offense means the top-9 is not playing well. IMO, if you want to replace someone why not Richards? Let the 4th line play their 4-5 minutes and bring some energy.

This happened a couple of years ago as well when the team wasn't scoring. People started to get angry with Blair Betts and Jed Ortmeyer for not putting up points. Those types of players ave roles on the team. They fulfill those roles. If you are looking for more scoring look at the top-9.

Miller hasn't exactly been lighting it up. Same with Boyle. Pyatt. Richards. Gaborik. Those are the guys you look at.

Kreider is not a 4th line player.

Vickers8

Rangers have games in hand on 11 of the other 14 teams in the conference.

They have Winnipeg, Tampa, Sabres, Philly, Isles in the next 5 and then 3 out of the following 4 are against teams currently below them.

Its time to start getting points, right now. I dont care whos out and whos in. Step up to the plate and deliver. If they get through that stretch getting less than 10 points they are in major trouble

Q: What’s the difference between Frequent Flyer Miles and the New York Rangers?
A: Frequent Flyer Miles earn points.

Bardof425*

The last few games CK has pushed the issue and has drawn a few penalties. In addition, he has used his body a little more and has actually had the opponent running after him a little. You know what Avery used to do every game before the Gestapo had him run out of town. And now we really need a guy with his skill set, but I digress.

Kreider > Mash, Bickel, Miller, Boyle

Yet he watches tonight. Torts on a daily basis is making a case for having himself fired.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The last few games CK has pushed the issue and has drawn a few penalties. In addition, he has used his body a little more and has actually had the opponent running after him a little. You know what Avery used to do every game before the Gestapo had him run out of town. And now we really need a guy with his skill set, but I digress.

Kreider > Mash, Bickel, Miller, Boyle

Yet he watches tonight. Torts on a daily basis is making a case for having himself fired.

I am probably one of Kreider's biggest fans. I watched him at BC for 3 years. However he has not been playing well. I understand letting him play through it but even in the AHL he has yet to be assertive. He looks like he did in his freshman season at BC. Still learning the defensive side of the puck which he is almost stressing too much. Considering he has done this once before at college, I have a hard time 100% blaming Torts.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
I am probably one of Kreider's biggest fans. I watched him at BC for 3 years. However he has not been playing well. I understand letting him play through it but even in the AHL he has yet to be assertive. He looks like he did in his freshman season at BC. Still learning the defensive side of the puck which he is almost stressing too much. Considering he has done this once before at college, I have a hard time 100% blaming Torts.

Agreed... I understand people still remember the playoffs last year but Kreider has been garbage this year. And it's nobody's fault but his own for those people who want to blame Torts or Gernander.

The kid is just going through the motions most of the time out there. HE's not going in with the mentality that he WILL make a difference. He's not utilizing his skating abilities and he's not imposing his will. He should take a lesson from Callahan on the effort level. Throw in the fact that he's not the best passer in the world and it becomes that much clearer.

Bickel at least brings some toughness to the table where Kreider is bringing nothing right now. I don't agree with him sitting on the bench and I would send him down but I don't have an issue with him not playing for the Rangers right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad