Prospect Info: 17th overall Curtis Lazar (C/RW) from the Edmonton Oil Kings

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That's exactly what I'm saying. They probably worked a lot on that list. I'm sure that the Sens and all the teams have such discussions but at that point(the meeting clearly takes place a couple of days before the draft) and that's what I can't believe, to move a guy from 6 to 11 or 12 is insane. Who does such drastic moves days before the draft? And Holmgren is shocked. You have to be blind not to see that. Especially after what he says to the scouts.

Or you may be right, I don't know. But the GM's reaction tells me that they were out to lunch with the Monahan move.

I agree with you, it looked like Holmgren was going to blow up any minute with Monahan falling so low on their list. I think that if anything it just shows that the Philly scouts were ranking by positional need rather than BPA. All the players mentioned who "surpassed" Monahan were defenseman.

It's an interesting perspective watching two clubs talk about their prospect lists. Both had what seemed like two completely different approaches to rationalizing picks. I would love to get some Sens material that shows coverage this deep into our decision making come draft day.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
WJC Update:

Drouin - Petan - Lazar kept together for 2nd day in-a-row. They will likely sit out tomorrow's game, which implies that they have all made the team, and are likely the #1 line.

Lazar also on PP Unit #1 in practice.

It looks like he's going to be given an ample opportunity to shine. Let's hope he does.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
WJC Update:

Drouin - Petan - Lazar kept together for 2nd day in-a-row. They will likely sit out tomorrow's game, which implies that they have all made the team, and are likely the #1 line.

Lazar also on PP Unit #1 in practice.

It looks like he's going to be given an ample opportunity to shine. Let's hope he does.
Such a promising all round player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad