Prospect Info: 17th Official Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #1 Prospect

#1 NYR Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If we're going by the old HF standards for what makes a prospect, DeAngelo is no longer a prospect since he has played 71 NHL games.

For reference, this is the criteria that was established:

We certainly don't have to use that moving forward, but it is what we've always used. For what that's worth.
Thanks. I'll remove him the next round unless a majority wants him to stay on since he just missed the cut off (maybe i'll do a poll tomorrow for that)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Thanks. I'll remove him the next round unless a majority wants him to stay on since he just missed the cut off (maybe i'll do a poll tomorrow for that)
You're welcome. Like I said I don't think it's super important we use that criteria as HF proper isn't even around anymore. I do think it's important to have some criteria, though, to tell us what, if anything, separates DeAngelo from Pionk from O'Gara from Bigras, in terms of eligibility.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Is DeAngelo still a prospect. He has 71 NHL games. Just saying and in any case Pionk is a better player.

Went with Chytil. Add Georgiev.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You're welcome. Like I said I don't think it's super important we use that criteria as HF proper isn't even around anymore. I do think it's important to have some criteria, though, to tell us what, if anything, separates DeAngelo from Pionk from O'Gara from Bigras, in terms of eligibility.

Stay uniform...use the established rules

Is DeAngelo still a prospect. He has 71 NHL games. Just saying and in any case Pionk is a better player.

Went with Chytil. Add Georgiev.

Chytil.

If you're removing ADA then just replace with Pionk. If that's what you do then I say add Howden.

From what I remember we have bent the rules slighty in the past with players who just missed the cutoff (Yogan i believe was added even though he was overage). ADA is still just 22 and played in the minors most of the season. I’ll post a quick poll tomorrow and i’ll keep him on or take him off based on what the majority wants.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
After a long debate with myself, I decided to go with Kravtsov. I feel they have been performing things equally impressive with Kravtsov doing it in the KHL.

Here are the similarities between Lias, Chytil and Kravtsov:

- Played for their senior national team at the age of 18
- One of the standouts in their professional league as a teenager

One thing Lias and Kravtsov have done that Chytil hasn't (yet):
- Elevate their game in the play offs in a top-5 league

The way I have them now:

1. Kravtsov
2. Chytil
3. Lias
4. Shestyorkin
5. Hajek

Which reminds me. Add Hajek.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You guys are really banking on that small sampling of skill from Kravtsov, eh?

Top-6 role in the KHL, performing in the play offs, playing for his senior national team. His progress since January has been remarkable. That, in my humble opinion, is a great sign.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Top-6 role in the KHL, performing in the play offs, playing for his senior national team. His progress since January has been remarkable. That, in my humble opinion, is a great sign.

Lot of skating around, bursts of production over the last two years. Definitely came up big in big game situations, but there are A LOT of missing pieces there and the playoffs, while great, is a VERY small sample size.

He's talented, but there are lot of question marks there for him to be leapfrogging guys who have great results and a longer track record.

Reactions: pld459666

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Shestyorkin and INEC.

The position is more volatile, but Shestyorkin can be in a conversation with any goalie in the world not in the NHL right now.
Don't think you can logically put him number one when Chytil has already proven (albeit a small sample size) that he can produce well for his age at the NHL already.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Lot of skating around, bursts of production over the last two years. Definitely came up big in big game situations, but there are A LOT of missing pieces there and the playoffs, while great, is a VERY small sample size.

He's talented, but there are lot of question marks there for him to be leapfrogging guys who have great results and a longer track record.

Agreed.

For me, Lias and Kravtsov are incredibly close calls in the 3/4 spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad