Prospect Info: 17th Official Rangers Prospect Poll (Summer 2018): #1 Prospect

#1 NYR Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well, the draft is over and we have completely refilled the cupboard by adding players at the trade deadline and over the last 2 days, so this should be a fun list.

@Beacon normally does these but I noticed he hasn't posted on the site in months so I'm not sure if he is still around or not, if you're still around bud you may take over at #2 :)

*PLEASE POST WHO YOU WANT ADDED*

Winter Prospect List:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/rangers-prospect-poll-winter-2017-18-results.2444413/

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What is the definition of best prospect in this poll again?
Whatever you want it to be. Potential, likelihood of reaching that potential, how NHL ready they are, etc. Some people rank players who have proved more so far higher than a guy who might have higher potential but is still very young. It's all preference.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What Kravtsov has done in the KHL is very, very impressive. Starting the season at age 17, he set records as a teenager and was constantly developing and playing a top-6 role.

What Chytil has done in the AHL is very, very impressive. Starting the season at age 17, he set records as a teenager and was constantly developing and playing a top-6 role.

I can't decide!

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
What Kravtsov has done in the KHL is very, very impressive. Starting the season at age 17, he set records as a teenager and was constantly developing and playing a top-6 role.

What Chytil has done in the AHL is very, very impressive. Starting the season at age 17, he set records as a teenager and was constantly developing and playing a top-6 role.

I can't decide!

So go with Shesty. What he's done might be more impressive!

Reactions: Inferno

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil

I can't decide!
Go with the center then.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I put in all the former 1st round picks (aside from Lundkvist since I only wanted 6 per poll and he was the latest 1st rounder out of them and obviously Igor had to be in there).
Except that the same rationale that I assume led you to choose Shesty over Lundkvist (recent performance) should have led you to select Pionk over DeAngelo, no? Certainly, the organization seemed to have him ranked higher...

Anyway, we'll see how it shakes out in the voting.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Except that the same rationale that I assume led you to choose Shesty over Lundkvist (recent performance) should have led you to select Pionk over DeAngelo, no? Certainly, the organization seemed to have him ranked higher...

Anyway, we'll see how it shakes out in the voting.

Indeed. Poink will no doubt be voted onto the listings before ADA wins the poll so it will all shake out correctly for the most part in the end.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
My personal rankings

1) Chytil
2) Kravtsov
3) Andersson
4) Miller
5) Shestyorkin
6) Hajek
7) Lundkvist
8) Howden
9) Lindgren
10) Pionk
11) Rykov
12)DeAngelo
13) Day
14) Ragnarsson
15) Georgiev
16) Ronning
17) Gross
18) Lettieri
19) Barron
20) Keane
21) Meskanen
22) Pajuniemi
23) Virta
24) Lindqvist
25) Huska

Sorry if I forgot anyone significant. There's been a lot of changes the past few months. No idea where to rank the new goalie, to be honest.

Reactions: Ori

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Chytil. He's already made the NHL, and has high end potential. He was the youngest player from last year's draft, and was only a few days from being eligible for the current draft. In the end, I think Kravtsov has a slightly higher ceiling. And Shesty may also have higher upside. But, part of my criteria is making the NHL, as well as not only having potential, but also the likelihood of fulfilling that potential and how soon until that potential is fulfilled. As of right Chytil checks all of those boxes more so than Kravtsov, Shesty and Andersson.

Add Pionk.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Chytil has an amazing frame. Size speed skill. His ceiling is almost being undersold tbh. I could see him being a Calder contender next year

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If we're going by the old HF standards for what makes a prospect, DeAngelo is no longer a prospect since he has played 71 NHL games.

For reference, this is the criteria that was established:
A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

NOTE: These are general guidelines and should be followed the majority of the time but certain players may still be listed as prospects if circumstances warrant.

Hockey's Future - NHL Prospect Criteria

We certainly don't have to use that moving forward, but it is what we've always used. For what that's worth.

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
I'm torn. But it sure feels good to have 4 legitimate possibilities here that could all be a credible top prospect in a good system after too many years of sorta, kinda having maybe one. If you were feeling generous.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`ve Chytil, Vitali, Lias as my top #3 prospects in that order. And Igor is up there too and he is a goalie. :)

Anyway looking forward to see more of Hajek who I believe is NHL ready after this year training camp which is exciting.

I`m positive that All 3 in Lias, Chytil and Hajek are all playing NHL next season.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->