WJC: '17 WJC Avatars (all teams, taking requests)(NEW: From, Ahcan, Grundstrom, 5x Canada)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Latest batch:

WJC17-Can-Dubois.gif
|
WJC17-Can-Joseph.gif
|
WJC17-Sui-Hischier.gif
|
WJC17-Svk-Studenic.gif
|
WJC17-USA-McAvoy.gif
|
WJC17-USA-White.gif

P-L.Dubois (Can/Clb)|M.Joseph (Can/TB)|N.Hischier (Sui/'17)|M.Studenic (Svk/'17)|C.McAvoy (USA/Bos)|C.White (USA/Ott)

That's going to be it for a while. I'm leaving for my game in about a half hour and won't be home for about 4 hours after that. I'll check in tonight when I get home.

Also I was surprised a bit that there wasn't a great national team pic for Dubois. Not without a giant watermark across the front of it.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I updated the initial 11 avatars to the current style

WJC17-Can-Strome2.gif
WJC17-Cze-Chlapik2.gif
WJC17-Den-Blichfeld2.gif
WJC17-Fin-Juolevi2.gif
WJC17-Lat-Balcers2.gif
WJC17-Lat-Cukste2.gif

WJC17-Rus-Sergachev2.gif
WJC17-Sui-Siegenthaler2.gif
WJC17-Svk-Bondra2.gif
WJC17-Swe-Nylander2.gif
WJC17-USA-Thompson2.gif

Except for BarDownBob's experimental Finnish avatar, I am currently caught up to all requests and design updates. So if anyone else wants another player, let me know.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For the coach and Kreider request: I'm trying to stick to players just participating in the tournament now. Otherwise I'd open the floodgates to all kind of custom work. Sorry.

The latest requested batch:

WJC17-Lat-Dzierkals.gif
|
WJC17-Swe-Kylington.gif
|
WJC17-Rus-Rykov.gif

M.Dzierkals (Lat/Tor)|O.Kylington (Swe/Cgy)|Y.Rykov (Rus/NJ)

I really like doing the Swedish ones. Blue and yellow are a lot of fun to work with, and I admittedly turn up the brightness and saturation on the player picks just so that the jerseys "pop" a bit more (and I favor shots in the yellow jerseys over the blues) :laugh:

and in honor of the Danish win earlier, some additional Denmark ones (2 new players, 1 redone with a Denmark jersey):

WJC17-Den-Blichfeld4.gif
|
WJC17-Den-True.gif
|
WJC17-Den-Petersen.gif

J.Blichfeld (SJ)|A.True (Und)|L.Petersen (Und)
That's our first goalie avatar. I also wanted to do Mathias From, but I can't find a good image of him in a Danish jersey instead of a Rogle one.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What about From with his patented visor cleaner spray celebration :sarcasm:

k0qcdu.png

:laugh: Sadly that doesn't work. The dimensions don't give me a lot of space to work with (either most of his head or his hand and the can get cut off on the sides) and the positioning in the picture mean that most of him is covered up by the namebar.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
:laugh: Sadly that doesn't work. The dimensions don't give me a lot of space to work with (either most of his head or his hand and the can get cut off on the sides) and the positioning in the picture mean that most of him is covered up by the namebar.

Stealing screenshots from TSN's highlight video, either of these work from his celebration after he scored?

111o2o3.png

28rprwl.png

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
For the coach and Kreider request: I'm trying to stick to players just participating in the tournament now. Otherwise I'd open the floodgates to all kind of custom work. Sorry.

I hear you. Did our playoff avatars last year and it's a ton of work.

I'm a fan of Chaka Khan...err I mean Jack Ahcan.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Balls. I just realized I screwed up the Swiss ones a bit. The logo in the background of the name bar isn't the Swiss national team/Swiss hockey federation logo. It's the logo for the Swiss National League A, aka the Swiss pro league.

Gonna have to fix that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad