WJC: '17 WJC Avatars (all teams, taking requests)(NEW: From, Ahcan, Grundstrom, 5x Canada)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
You can Ctrl+F search for the name of a player to see if they have an avatar on this page. If not, feel free to request that player.

I don't do this every year, but when an idea hits me like it did this time around, I offer up WJC avatars for all teams/players. I went with a simple design this year, available in all 10 countries and with identification for NHL-affiliated players:

WJC17-Can-Strome2.gif
WJC17-Cze-Chlapik2.gif
WJC17-Den-Blichfeld2.gif
WJC17-Fin-Juolevi2.gif
WJC17-Lat-Balcers2.gif

WJC17-Rus-Sergachev2.gif
WJC17-Sui-Siegenthaler2.gif
WJC17-Svk-Bondra2.gif
WJC17-Swe-Nylander2.gif
WJC17-USA-Thompson2.gif

Given the limited # of players and probable specific popularity of particular players, there are no restrictions or claims. Take and use what you want, regardless of whether or not someone else has it or asked for the creation of that particular player.

As usual, I'll take requests for additional players from the tournament as people want them and do my best to do additional avatars within a 1-2 day turnaround time.

The only things I ask about requests are the following:

1) If you have a preferred picture you want used, link it/embed it here so I can know. It makes my job easier if I don't have to search. If you don't provide one, If I pick something you don't like, requests for a different image go to the bottom of my to-do pile, and will only be addressed if/when I have absolutely no other requests pending.

2) I prefer pics of the player in their national team uni for set cohesion, but as you can tell above, it's not always easy to get good ones. Especially now it seems like a lot of them are older pics with lots of guys wearing full cages from the U-17s.

3) I give preference to the creation of unrepresented player over alternate designs of existing players.

4) I do my best to fulfill requests in the order received. I may go out of sequence for multiple requests of the same country, because it sames time on setting up the template. If it seems like I've skipped your request, this may be why. Be patient and I should come back around to you. If more time passes and I don't, then remind me and I'll get to yours right away.

5) I do have a list of NHL affiliated players for each team, but to save time, it would help if you let me know if a player is with an NHL club or is still draft eligible or unsigned.

6) The only kind of picture I don't like using is a portrait shot that has clipped off player's body/head at any point (ie their head or arms are out of the frame, leaving flat edges where the image stops). Those limit my ability to place them in the avatar properly.

7) I don't know if the font I'm using supports special characters, nor do I know what would happen to the kerning or spacing. So in the interest of ease of creation and uniformity, I won't be putting diacritics on to names. So sorry Kasper Björkqvist fans, there will be no umlaut on the "o" in his name.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Canada

WJC17-Can-Chabot.gif
|
WJC17-Can-Dubois.gif
|
WJC17-Can-Joseph.gif
|
WJC17-Can-Jost.gif

Thomas Chabot|Pierre-Luc Dubois|Mathieu Joseph|Tyson Jost
WJC17-Can-Myers.gif
|
WJC17-Can-Raddysh.gif
|
WJC17-Can-Roy.gif
|
WJC17-Can-Strome2.gif

Philippe Myers|Taylor Raddysh|Nicolas Roy|Dylan Strome

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Usa

WJC17-USA-Ahcan.gif
|
WJC17-USA-Jones.gif
|
WJC17-USA-Keller.gif
|
WJC17-USA-Lindgren.gif

Jack Ahcan|Caleb Jones|Clayton Keller|Ryan Lindgren
WJC17-USA-McAvoy.gif
|
WJC17-USA-Terry.gif
|
WJC17-USA-Thompson2.gif
|
WJC17-USA-White.gif

Charlie McAvoy|Troy Terry|Tage Thompson|Colin White

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There, that's spaces for all 10 teams.

Yes, I have 2 Latvia ones already. I started the design doing ones for the Sharks players, and that meant 2 Latvia and 1 Denmark.

Request away.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ok, here's my to-do list right now:

Larsson (Swe/Ana)
Jones (USA/Edm)
Ruzicka (Svk/'17)
Keller (USA/Ari)

BarDown, I'm not sure I can fit 2 players' name on the same one. If I have some free time I'll tinker.

They might not get done until late tonight. I've got WHL tickets tonight for 7, so I won't be home from about 6 pt (4 hours from now) until 10ish.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Ok, here's my to-do list right now:

Larsson (Swe/Ana)
Jones (USA/Edm)
Ruzicka (Svk/'17)
Keller (USA/Ari)

BarDown, I'm not sure I can fit 2 players' name on the same one. If I have some free time I'll tinker.

They might not get done until late tonight. I've got WHL tickets tonight for 7, so I won't be home from about 6 pt (4 hours from now) until 10ish.

Yeah I kinda thought of that after. The only way I could think of doing it would be to kinda stagger the names and stretch the banner a bit, but I have no editing knowledge so no idea how difficult that'd be. Something like this:

Aapeli..................
Rasanen........Jesse
..............Puljujarvi

minus the dots that I just used for formatting. If not no worries.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
In doing the latest batch I accidentally stumbled onto a small design tweak, adding a national team color border around the whole thing. I like the subtle color addition to help carry the wjc/national theme which isn't always obvious otherwise. So everything I make from now on will have that. The 11 completed designs that were up initially will be updated to reflect that change soon. It also led to a small change on the Swedish one, turning the crowns in the name strip from blue to yellow so that they 'pop' a little more even though they are meant to be faded and subtle (as are all the national crests in those positions. Some are almost invisible, I know.) Nylander's will be adjusted for that at the same time.

Last requests:

WJC17-Swe-Larsson.gif
|
WJC17-Svk-Ruzicka.gif
|
WJC17-USA-Jones.gif
|
WJC17-USA-Keller.gif

J.Larsson (Swe/Ana)|A.Ruzicka (Svk/'17)|C.Jones (USA/Edm)|C.Keller (USA/Ari)
I will also be adding table formatting to the master posts above so that people can ctrl+f search for specific players

Next on the request list are:

Hischier (Swi/'17)
Joseph (Can/TB)
White (USA/Ott)

and BarDown I'll still try and fiddle with the design as I find time. It just will be secondary to the regular set of avatars here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad