GDT: #17| Vancouver Canucks @ New York Islanders | November 13th | 7:00 PM | F/W 5-2

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Our second line tonight looks like last years 3rd line..There's just no chemistry there.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Wow I’m speechless. Accountability? What’s that?

That is a direct quote from a legit head coach.

This is how you change a culture and turn things around. Not surprised the caps won a cup under this man.

Don't get me wrong I love the accountability. But I will really be impressed when he says the same thing about Leddy and sits him for a game.

Reactions: ekill08x

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Greiss has come up big for us, I'm expecting another big game.
Wish we had Halak for the Rangers game. He didn't leave here on the best of terms but he gave us many glorious Rags games

Reactions: ekill08x

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Can’t sit everyone. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Pelech has been a complete mess.

Of course not today. But what about next game or the game after that? My point is that Trotz needs to sit one of the under performing vets in order to have full accountability. Leddy is certainly deserving of a day off.

Reactions: SI90

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Of course not today. But what about next game or the game after that? My point is that Trotz needs to sit one of the under performing vets in order to have full accountability. Leddy is certainly deserving of a day off.

Absolutely. Leddys effort has been awful too.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think he can't sit everyone, so he's taking his time..possibly even giving Leddy time to adjust to a new style game for him. Maybe Leddy is a slow learner..don't make fun of SLOW learners..!! :cool:

Reactions: burana800

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I like the accountability. Sbisa could have just as bad of a game. To solve this, call up the better defender.

Would have went w Lehner to get him back in a rhythm.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Next step is to waive Sbisa and bring in Toews.

I understand the need to give young players playing time so you'd rather a 20 year old get time in the AHL as opposed to being the 7th Dman in the NHL. But Toews is 24 and has had more than 1 full season in the A. If you bring him up here and let him play every 3rd/4th game to start, he's getting a different kind of experience, even if its not every day. And if he played tonight and did well, you give him a second chance. And if he continues to play well, he stays in the lineup. Who sits? I dunno....depends on who isn't holding up their end of the bargain. For now, its Pelech. If Hickey shits the bed, its him. But at some point, when the guy is forcing his way into the lineup, you need to bring him up and at least give him a shot.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Markstrom is playing tonight, he has played a lot lately. Canucks are ravaged with injuries so you should take this. Horvat and Pettersson don't have wingers.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Gonna be a good game for Greiss tonight. Also a 3 point Barzal night and a 2 point Pulock night.. Very specific prediction lol

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Congrats on Pettersson at least, he's your Barzal. I'm excited to see him play.

Rangers played 5 on EP defense and the rest of the lineup was too trash to capitalize on it. He does play exciting hockey though, so I'll take that from him.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Western Canadian boys. Friends and family will be tuned in

Yup.. I remember last year in vancouver he looked quite nervous and didnt play his normal game... But now he will be able to relax a little.. Sophomore and plus the whole Calder thing... He will have one of his multi pointer tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad