GDT: [#17] Nashville Predators @ Dallas Stars, 1:00 CST (FS-SW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's hilarious that Honka has this tremendous opportunity and someone that is supposed to be in the AHL and was literally called up hours ago steals his spot tonight just like that

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Good to hear Hanley was solid, we need all the positives we can get out of that AHL crew. I like that it sounds like the Stars got themselves a player in Gleason if he can just improve his skating.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah that skating is a problem . That needs to get better if he wants to be an NHL regular. The skill is there.

Reactions: Karitimes

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Good to hear Hanley was solid, we need all the positives we can get out of that AHL crew. I like that it sounds like the Stars got themselves a player in Gleason if he can just improve his skating.

If he improves his defense alone he can be a good offensive dman but yeah his skating needs some work too for sure. It was great to see the confidence he has though he could turn out to be what we have always wanted Honka to be for us. He's only 20 as well so he has plenty of time.

Reactions: Karitimes

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
On the road is where this young inexperienced D-core will likely be exposed though big time. Hope Methot and Polak can come back before then

serp

Jan 17, 2016
On the road is where this young inexperienced D-core will likely be exposed though big time. Hope Methot and Polak can come back before then

They have a 3 days off after Mondays game. Hopefully thats enough.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ben Gleason plays one shift more than Honka and Twitter acts like it is a huge deal.

I think Heatherington is more of a big deal. In a game where the team has to call up two new guys and one who hasn't even practised with the squad he still plays just 10 heavily sheltered minutes. He somehow ended up with +2 . He probably should be the first defenseman to be send down. once hopefully guys come back.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I think Heatherington is more of a big deal. In a game where the team has to call up two guys new guys and one who hasn't even practised with the squad he still plays just 10 heavily sheltered minutes. He somehow ended up with +2 as well . He probably should be the first defenseman to be send down. once hopefully guys come back.

Yep. Heatherington is garbage

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bayreuther with a goal and an assist tonight so far for the Texas Stars in the first period. Wouldn't mind if Heatherington gets sent down and Bayreuther called up instead if needed. By then though I'm sure Methot or Polak or both will be back

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This years Texas Stars season is much more interesting than last years. Way more Dallas prospects on the team and not so many AHL vets which last year the team heavily relied on .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Well, in OT, Heiskanen played for basically 2 minutes straight with the big guns. And then Gleason got sent out over Honka, probably as a reward. Let's not get too uppity unless he drums Honka out of town, and I don't think that's gonna happen. And Honka had 3 more shifts. Big deal.

Other issues... Gemel Smith played a whopping 5 minutes. Dunno what's up with Janmark, he's playing his way into tradebait territory.

Tyler Pitlick should be benched after he coasted back to backcheck Ekholm since Heiskanen was both gassed and out of position.

I don't get the Heatherington hate, nor why he's getting minimal minutes.

I would hazard a guess that some of the guys aren't feeling super well, and if that's the case, forget my ice time criticism. Need more vitamin C, sunshine, and sleep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad