Post-Game Talk: #17 | Golden Knights at Flyers | November 18, 2023 | Flyers win 4-3 (OT)

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
It would really be something if Sanheim keeps this up and he’s come into his own finally. If he maintains this level of play over the next couple years, and the Flyers add or develop a couple good defensemen, they could be pretty well set up

Couts and Atkinson have really surprised me. After all that time missed and at their age, what they are doing is really impressive

I still think they’ll regress as the season moves along but if this is how the Flyers will play the next few years, adding Michkov, a Gauthier with a couple seasons under his belt, and whatever prospects we develop or add, might not be a bad thing.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I'm convinced that they're just as likely to be picking where they were the last 2 drafts as they are to end up with a wild card spot. What a f***ing ride.

Although, the even bigger surprise is how Sanheim was able to turn into this.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I didn’t see Zamula as having as great a game as some of you do.

I thought it was typical Z in that he made some really nice plays with his reach & also with holding the puck to create some space, but also some plays that had me holding my breath. He tried skating it right into the teeth of Vegas in center ice in the 3rd & turned it over, which could’ve been very costly especially given the time & score. It’s a mistake he’s made too many times.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Casually watch the game today. It was fun for what I saw. Truthfully, I was worried about the game after the first 10 minutes, I thought it was going to be another afternoon lethargic effort.

Congrats to Foerster, who has been playing so well since the beginning of the year.

Reactions: Cody Webster

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Had to clean the rain gutters our earlier so am watching it now. Tippet just ended the pp drought and it's nice to see him keep rolling.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
They just needed one guy to competently play 10-12 minutes a night. It's a shame that both the 2004 and 2010 runs were torpedoed by lack of depth defensively.
Yeah, 04 was rough especially. The hockey gods will eventually smile on the Flyers again though

Vegas has me rethinking that you need a top 1C and 1D to win. Maybe I’m underestimating Eichel, Theodore, and a 58 year old Alex P, but they seem to win with depth. If the Flyers aren’t going to be tanking, then perhaps they’ll need that depth to contend. I was hoping they’d find that elusive 1D and maybe 1c by drafting high the next couple years, but that doesn’t seem to be happening. I still think the future is bright 3-5 years down the road. They’ll be adding hopefully a couple top line players in the next few years. I think it’s going to come down to how the defensive prospects pan out. Part of me wants to take 2 swings at Dmen in this year’s draft if they are drafting teens or later. Can Sanheim maintain this level of play? Can York take the next step? Can Bonk, Zamula, etc become good 2nd pair or better players? If they can “depth up” the defensive core, it might offset not having that bonafide 1D. I think the offense will be great 3-5 years from now. It’s the D I’m interested in

Reactions: AdamParrot

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We all can hear Torts at the deadline:

"These guys busted their asses all season. To trade off guys when we are in a playoff hunt is asinine. You guys want to trade off these solid guys who helped us get here for picks that might help us in 5 years? Get real. These guys deserve to go to war with the guys they have battled with all season. To take that away is idiotic. These kids playing will gain way more playing playoff hockey down the stretch than pulling the carpet out from underneath them. We didn't expect to be in this position. We are rebuilding. But this team had earned the right to stay together and play this out. You guys are unbelievable."

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
We all can hear Torts at the deadline:

"These guys busted their asses all season. To trade off guys when we are in a playoff hunt is asinine. You guys want to trade off these solid guys who helped us get here for picks that might help us in 5 years? Get real. These guys deserve to go to war with the guys they have battled with all season. To take that away is idiotic. These kids playing will gain way more playing playoff hockey down the stretch than pulling the carpet out from underneath them. We didn't expect to be in this position. We are rebuilding. But this team had earned the right to stay together and play this out. You guys are unbelievable."
Coupled with Walker and Seeler extensions

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad