17-18 Mcdavid vs 13-14 Crosby

Better season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid.

Better even strength production and did it with far less talent around him. The Oilers D could/can barely execute breakout passes.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Crosby's was statistically more dominant, played more of a two -way role, and was a better two way player, and played more time with players who were much lower on the team's depth charts than McDavid.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
McDavid.

Better even strength production and did it with far less talent around him. The Oilers D could/can barely execute breakout passes.

Interesting that he didn't do better in 16/17 on a Top Ten team.

And why isn't McDavid dominating this year given he is T4 in PP points. Isn't that the reason he did not run away with the scoring title last year?

This "ES points is everything!" narrative needs to put to bed permanently.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
McDavid's competition this season is looking better than Crosby's in 2014. It wasn't like guys like Malkin and Ovechkin were at their best that season (actually, Malkin was very productive per game but only played 60 games). Tavares (who would almost win the Art Ross in 2015) got hurt and missed games that season. Stamkos (a top two scorer in each of the previous seasons) suffered a leg injury. It wasn't a great season for high-end scoring. This season is, with guys like Kucherov, Kane, Rantanen and Gaudreau scoring at high levels.

What does this have to do with the OP?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Didn’t getzlaf outscored Giroux in 13-14. The same Giroux who finished 2nd in scoring in 17-18 only 6 back of Mcdavid? Just saying..,

Crosby had 17 more points than Getzlaf in '14. The same Getzlaf McDavid had 47 more points than in '18. Checkmate logic!

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Man, if Sid never had all those injuries, which basically STOLE his prime, we would have seen a 130pt player, who was elite in every single facet of the game.

People really forget how dominant he was before his concussions and neck injuries.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Say that to his two 7th place selke finishes.

It boggles my mind that people forget Sid before those injuries. I have not seen a more dominant player since Mario or Wayne the year he was injured, damn shame.

Reactions: Ageless

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
It boggles my mind that people forget Sid before those injuries. I have not seen a more dominant player since Mario or Wayne the year he was injured, damn shame.
It’s hard to think of anyone since those two that were as dominant relative to their peers as Sid was during his peak.

People have very, very short memories.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Say that to his two 7th place selke finishes.

Thank you for proving my point, cause two 7th place selke finishes make him a pretty good defensive forward, but not elite. If so, he would have won the trophy or atleast crack the top 3 a few times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad