GDT: 17/04/2013 - 7H00PM - Canadiens @ Penguins - RDS/TSN II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
3 blowouts in a row....wow, TB tomorrow, and the Caps on Saturday. This could get real ugly, real fast.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not hating Emelin. Just tired to read the comments about how he's so incredible, incredibly missing, and that if we start using that excuse, management will, hence not making any ****ing changes next year, hence a worst D year than we had this year. 'Cause that D, INCLUDING Emelin, is not great. 1 player does not solely changes the dimension of a team. You want a tough defense, bring me 3 more like that. THEN it becomes your identity. Emelin wasn't double shifting. Was not even used on the PP. And frankly, do people remember how he was struggling also? Now...is he better than Drewiske, Bouillon and Weber? OF COURSE he is. But it doesn't make HIM the great d-man people thought he is. It makes our depth really bad instead.

But I'm also pissed off at Emelin. All great to be that tough d-man, but that check was totally stupid. No need to freakin start what you can't finish. A chance that it would have woken up that Bruins team. A chance he would have gotten his face pounded maybe ending his career. And he chances he gets hurt.....And our lack of depth will probably cost us an early exit. I hope he picks his players and his moments better. I know that a physical player doesn't choose and just hit the targets. But like everything, I believe in picking your spots better. I belive in Moen trying to fight people losing 2-0 instead of 7-3 and so on.

Emelin is clearly on my top 4 even if he struggled this year. But tons of teams have lost guys like that. And some were fine replacing them. I had hoped we could have done it.
Like I said... not an excuse. He can't be, esp when so many were trashing him and Markov.
I hope that the only reason why Bergevin kept his picks and his future is that he recognizes how overrated we were and that we are going to fix this in the summer. Let's seriously hope he recognizes that.
It's a marathon not a sprint. We've played better sooner than I'd hoped. Even if we fall apart now for the next half dozen games and get smoked in the playoffs, I consider this year a big step forward.

As hard as it is to keep perspective, we've still had a good year and guys like Subban, Galchenyuk and Gallagher has progressed. The end goal is the cup and I think we took a big step forward. Hard to stay positive when we play like this, but I'm happy with this year no matter what.

- Also we kept our picks.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Only saw the first, has Therrien changed up the lines at all? Called a timeout and reamed out the team, maybe?

Or is he just standing there with his hands in his pockets as we get humiliated for the third straight game?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
There is no reason that Gionta, Pacioretty, DD and Bourque should be playing more than Chucky,

Shake the lines up good and give the good players the most ice time. If we're gonna figure this out, figure out that it's been enough of the same. Let Chucky do what he can do. If he's gonna be great in the playoffs, you better trust him to play the minutes.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Only saw the first, has Therrien changed up the lines at all? Called a timeout and reamed out the team, maybe?

Or is he just standing there with his hands in his pockets as we get humiliated for the third straight game?

Care to venture a guess?

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

He changed the lines slightly when Gallagher went down, but he brought them back when Gallagher returned. Usage has been the same.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto

I'll help you....same ****, different channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad