High-Danger Scoring Chances For
Buffalo - 8
Toronto - 6

ES Goals For
Buffalo - 0
Toronto - 5

I mean, what else needs to be said

Yeah, we just can't score at all.

Can buffalo get its own definition of high danger chances? Cause our conversion rate on those is probably equal to an average team taking an unscreened slap shot while coming down the wing

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Buffalo has scored 1 or less goals 5 of the last 6 games. Props to everyone sitting through these **** storms. We may have differing opinions, but there's no doubt we're all loyal to this team.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
We need a trade or a coaching change, unless we want to lose every single game until Eichel is back.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
High danger scoring chances and scoring chance stats in general are a flawed. http://nhlnumbers.com/2016/11/16/wh...-a-flawed-metric-and-how-we-can-improve-on-it

Zip you may want to read up on them before you rely on them.

It's by no means a perfect measure. But it's measured the same for all teams. One of the listed "solutions" is look, instead, at Expected Goals. Our expected goals/60 at ES is above Chicago, Tampa, Anaheim, Florida, LA, and Detroit. :laugh:

And there are some who believe that the "tied" numbers are all that matters. For them, we have a higher Expected ESGF/60 than even McDavid's Oilers.

It all comes back to how bad we are at finishing opportunities. That is the single biggest problem with this team.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
We need a trade or a coaching change, unless we want to lose every single game until Eichel is back.

Unfortunately neither of those things likely make a bit of difference considering who's missing due to injury. It sucks, but it looks like another season that will end in early April.

On the plus side i bought an engagement ring for my girlfriend, so there is some form of happiness in life, haha

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

z8lDFTj.gif

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Buffalo has scored 1 or less goals 5 of the last 6 games. Props to everyone sitting through these **** storms. We may have differing opinions, but there's no doubt we're all loyal to this team.

I watched till the bitter end. Not gonna lie, though, I had a few blips during the game where I played with my 10 month old puppy.

Those of you who don't have a puppy to help you through this madness... you the real MVPs.

This **** sucks.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Unfortunately neither of those things likely make a bit of difference considering who's missing due to injury. It sucks, but it looks like another season that will end in early April.

On the plus side i bought an engagement ring for my girlfriend, so there is some form of happiness in life, haha

Congratulations buddy!

:handclap:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Congratulations!

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
So... Patrick or Liljegren???
This draft doesn't look great as compared to the past couple years, but there's some good talent, especially, in my opinion, on the back end. Specifically QB types

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I'd rather lose games 7-4 or 6-3, then these snooze fests. Bylsma has the team playing not to lose big. They simply don't have the players on D, or down the middle right now to win games how Bylsma wants them to.

It is a ****ing chore to watch this team right now.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Congrats!!!!

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
It's fine to point it out. It's dumb as **** to suggest it was the primary reason for the goal. The players butchered a routine breakout that they've performed hundreds of times since training camp. That's the long and short of it.

If as a coach you routinely make that mistake, it says something about your ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad