GDT: [#16] San Jose Sharks @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 CST (FS-SW)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Something is really wrong with Benn.

Janmark has been good for the last couple of weeks or so, just has an occasional questionable play.

Comeau was great on the forecheck tonight, especially on Burns.

I like Guri in the line-up. Not ideal yet IMO, but the best internal option.

Khudobin might be one of Nill’s shrewdest (luckiest?) moves.

Shots and corsi are gonna be heavily tilted toward San Jose, but that’s their style. Both teams gave up an absurd number of high danger chances, and we just buried more of ours. Sometimes that’s what it takes to win.

A win is a win, especially against a good team.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone wanna predict how long Klingberg is out? I'm gonna say a month with a broken finger

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If Klingberg is out for more than a game or two, we probably need to make a trade. I don’t want to begin to imagine what it would look like without him long-term.

Also Honka is great at pretending to look good and know what he’s doing when he really has no clue what’s happening. He seems to have no hockey sense whatsoever and not enough skill to make up for it.

Reactions: Multigrain

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Heatherington 8:43 minutes. Yeah if Klingberg is out for longer we need some help. Lindell and Heiskanen already play insane minutes and Polak with 23:09 is also something that is just scary. We really need some defenseman back.

I don't even know who you would call up ? Nyberg ? Gleason ?

Reactions: Multigrain

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Throwback to when we were all getting onto Nill about having 8D up here.

Klingberg
Methot
Carrick
Johns

All injured now. We can no longer give Heatherington and Honka extremely sheltered minutes either at this point.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heatherington 8:43 minutes. Yeah if Klingberg is out for longer we need some help. Lindell and Heiskanen already play insane minutes and Polak with 23:09 is also something that is just scary. We really need some defenseman back.

I don't even know who you would call up ? Nyberg ? Gleason ?

Gleason would replace Klingberg's flashy play..not sure how he has been defensively though but he reminds me of Goligoski with a dab of Klingberg but not as good obviously

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Polak knows what he is and doesn’t try to be anything else. That goes a long way, especially when he’s utilizied the right way.

I think Montgomery has done a terrific job with the defense so far, personally. He definitely knows each players’ limits, and he doesn’t try to push them beyond that unless they’re ready (e.g. Heiskanen).

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Throwback to when we were all getting onto Nill about having 8D up here.

Klingberg
Methot
Carrick
Johns

All injured now. We can no longer give Heatherington and Honka extremely sheltered minutes either at this point.

The only problem I had with keeping eight D up was when a prospect who could be getting minutes in the AHL was scratched constantly. Other than that I thought it made sense if you had a veteran, like we would have this year if not for injuries.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Gotta hand it to Nill, the Khudobin signing appears to be a good one. Nice W
It’s kinda’ funny to hear interviews and the relief in people’s voices when they talk about how nice it is to have reliable goaltending. Shore’s interview in postgame almost had me laughing how happy he sounded knowing they can rely on Khudobin (and Bishop). Poor Kari. He was great up until that injury; he was so different after that.

Reactions: Karitimes

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

And Scarlett is injured as well. Our AHL D depth is even taking a massive hit now

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Everyone looked good offensively tonight.

Gurianov needs to stay in the lineup. With the speed and shot he has it's only a matter of time before he is on the board

Nichushkin is a great playmaker it appears

[...]
Agreed. It’s amazing how well Nichu plays when he’s confident. Night and day. I hope that it was simply him needing time to get back into the swing of things.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Makes sense it's what he was signed for . AHL and if injuries happen a callup . Still someone needs to come back soon or we're screwed. Can't run a defense with just 2 top 4 guys and #5/#6's and AHL defenseman.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Makes sense it's what he was signed for . AHL and if injuries happen a callup . Still someone needs to come back soon or we're screwed. Can't run a defense with just 2 top 4 guys and #5/#6's and AHL defenseman.

I assume Methot is the closest. What even happened to Carrick lol do we even have an expected time of return for him?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I assume Methot is the closest. What even happened to Carrick lol do we even have an expected time of return for him?

Blocked a shot with one of his feet. Didn't sound like it was broken but he couldn't put on skates because the foot was swollen up badly ( or something like that ) . He was supposed to skate again last weekend IRC but haven't read anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad