GDT: [#16] San Jose Sharks @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 CST (FS-SW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Radulov is out

Gurianov is in and given a top 6 chance

Battle of the dmen
Burns + Karlsson + Vlasic vs Klingberg + Heiskanen + Lindell

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man i want Radulov back in the lineup so bad

It's crazy how different this team is without him. Hopefully Gurianov plays the way he has been playing cause his style this season so far reminds me a lot of Radulov. He showed it in preseason too it was fun to watch

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Man, what is with these "minor, day-to-day" injuries that end up taking weeks and even months to heal? I suppose I should just assume that if a player misses one game, it's quite likely it will stretch out to 20+ games.:mad:

So, I'll just accept that Johns and Hanzal are out for the year, Methot will be lucky to play 40 games, Carrick is out for a couple more weeks and Radulov is out till Christmas - there, now I can be pleasantly surprised if any of them make it back sooner.:eek:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Some Sharks info/milestones:

Tonight is Joe Thornton's 1500th career game. He is also 1 goal away from 400 career goals. We may be making headlines tonight for the wrong reasons

Karlsson could also score his first goal as a Shark tonight too and pick up his 400th career assist (he is 1 away). Brent Burns is also 1 away from 400

Hertl is out with an injury

Last edited:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Man, what is with these "minor, day-to-day" injuries that end up taking weeks and even months to heal? I suppose I should just assume that if a player misses one game, it's quite likely it will stretch out to 20+ games.:mad:

So, I'll just accept that Johns and Hanzal are out for the year, Methot will be lucky to play 40 games, Carrick is out for a couple more weeks and Radulov is out till Christmas - there, now I can be pleasantly surprised if any of them make it back sooner.:eek:

You must remember that there's a lot of money exchanging hangs, and some of it comes out of insurance and some of it comes out of the owner/organization's pocket. Plus there's the veil of secrecy to keep opponents guessing to see if a guy will play that night. It's a lot of money, though. And having to scrape by with marginal production.

Quite frankly though, Janmark and Comeau need to start producing considering their ice time. I was perusing the advanced stats on hockey-reference and I was kind of amazed at some of them. Faksa getting 70%+ Dzone starts... Shore getting 14 minutes a night. Comeau and Pitlick down at the bottom for GF/60 at 5v5. Comeau at half of his GF/60 as opposed to last year. His GA/60 is also atrocious. When Radulov comes back, I'd really like to see him play with Faksa.

And their possession numbers are absolutely atrocious this year. Terrible. Somehow hard work makes them a mid pack team this year. Way too many turnovers from the defense due to being unable to handle a forecheck. Can't catch a pass. The usual suspects.

I would hope that we see more progress out of the team going forward.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not sure what Heatherington did there. He was right there and just fell.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Now Heater gets walked for a great chance. Don't like seeing him this much ~

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->