GDT: [#16] San Jose Sharks @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 CST (FS-SW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ha ha! Seriously. Does anyone else remember that almost odd-man rush, where Heiskanen turned on the jets, caught up to Pavelski (IIRC), did that one-handed stick swipe from behind, and knocked the puck loose? Man. Crazy. 19 years old.

That was so beautiful I need a video of it lol that was crazy. It was Couture he caught up to not Pavelski though I think

Reactions: JesusNPucks

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ha ha! Seriously. Does anyone else remember that almost odd-man rush, where Heiskanen turned on the jets, caught up to Pavelski (IIRC), did that one-handed stick swipe from behind, and knocked the puck loose? Man. Crazy. 19 years old.

It’s a bit hilarious that he already has a signature defensive move 16 games in. It’s so hard to do anything against as a forward as well.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
That was so beautiful I need a video of it lol that was crazy. It was Couture he caught up to not Pavelski though I think
Good catch. I couldn’t remember who it was, but yeah... I think my mouth even hung open for a sec because I couldn’t believe it. If you find a video or .gif, you should post it so we can all enjoy.

Reactions: Kcb12345

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
It’s a bit hilarious that he already has a signature defensive move 16 games in. It’s so hard to do anything against as a forward as well.
Yeah, I can’t remember any player on the Stars in recent years that I’ve seen do it that much. But he does really well. I think I just read an article about it. Did Heika write one?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Good catch. I couldn’t remember who it was, but yeah... I think my mouth even hung open for a sec because I couldn’t believe it. If you find a video or .gif, you should post it so we can all enjoy.

Absolutely I will. I'm gonna hunt one down lol its gotta be somewhere

Reactions: JesusNPucks

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not really sure what Honka tried to do there. Miro really bailed him out .

Looked like Couture was about to get a breakaway and suddenly Miro just took it away.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
His recognition of that play is great. He knew the second he took that shot he had to beat Couture.

Seconded on asking what the hell Honka is doing there. Just kinda skating along with the play? Making Heiskanen look better?

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
It looked like he was expecting a 2 on 1 but then realized he was giving up a breakaway. When he tried to turn and adjust, his body was leveraged the wrong way and he lost his balance. Ultimately just a bad read and some clumsy skating.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Who’s going to play with Miro? Looking to potentially pick up Lindell in my fantasy league. (Over Provorov or Petry)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Who’s going to play with Miro? Looking to potentially pick up Lindell in my fantasy league. (Over Provorov or Petry)

Everyone . There won't be any consistent pairings as long as there are this many injuries . Both Miro and Lindell will likely be double shifted a ton now . Even more than before.

I mean Hanley-Heatherington is not something you want to throw out there against anything that is a threat to score .

Those pairings you see at practices are more like suggestions now when you have limited options.

Overall the Stars now have 6 injured defenders. 4 in the NHL ( Johns , Carrick , Methot and now Klingberg ) and two in the AHL ( Scarlett who is done for the year and Bayreuther who probably would be up by now if he was healthy ) . Its getting very dicey with defensive depth.

Last edited:

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Everyone . There won't be any consistent pairings as long as there are this many injuries . Both Miro and Lindell will likely be double shifted a ton now . Even more than before.

I mean Hanley-Heatherington is not something you want to throw out there against anything that is a threat to score .

Those pairings you see at practices are more like suggestions now when you have limited options.

Overall the Stars now have 6 injured defenders. 4 in the NHL ( Johns , Carrick , Methot and now Klingberg ) and two in the AHL ( Scarlett who is done for the year and Bayreuther who probably would be up by now if he was healthy ) . Its getting very dicey with defensive depth.

Would you recommend adding Lindell over Petry or Provorov? (League counts shots, + - , Ppp, G , a)

Hopefully you guys survive this injury shit show

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think Lindell will put up too many more stats than he already is. He can't be deployed that much more than he already is. Heiskanen likely gets most of the offensive minutes Klingberg would play.

I guess you can give it a try but its probably a wash imho.

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
I have a feeling if Jamie shaves off that atrocious beard, he will become lighter and faster and smarter with some plays.
....I really think the beard is a curse of some sort.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I have a feeling if Jamie shaves off that atrocious beard, he will become lighter and faster and smarter with some plays.
....I really think the beard is a curse of some sort.
Clearly you are misinterpreting the situation. He needs to quit manicuring the beard, let it grow long and wild and, subsequently, embrace the powers that it will bring him.

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
Clearly you are misinterpreting the situation. He needs to quit manicuring the beard, let it grow long and wild and, subsequently, embrace the powers that it will bring him.

NS4K61X.jpg

Reactions: jballa95

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Just watched a highlight package. All 3 Shark goals, Jumbo Joe breakaway miss, and Seguin goal. Even at game 1500 for Joe, how do you show more highlight for the losers than the winners, especially with Smith's goal being such a beautiful one. Instead, it was, " after the Stars scored, SJ comes back."

As usual, no NHL love for the Stars. This was on SN, but presumably they use the NHL video.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->