GDT: #16 | FLYERS (H) vs. Rangers (A) | Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Will be great to have him back. Still the second most important player on this team after Couturier.

And those numbers include his awful luck last year where he played much better than his scoring totals suggested. :nod:

Not to mention the Therrien Effect.

Giroux on 2nd unit again.

Kill me.

Giroux + Ghost? That's the better unit without question, no matter what the coaches think. Especially since the other one has Hayes and Provorov.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I actually don’t hate Patrick at RW. He needs to have more offensive room with skilled linemates to get him the puck. He’s in a funk, and he’s been too conservative and perimeter at center. Not sure now is the time to do it with that 4th line......but then again, I think that line is dead on arrival even if you slid Bunny down. Look at those wings. That 3rd line can still drive play.

Basically every other decision gets an audible LMAO!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick on RW with Giroux and Hayes-Bill M

Trying to put two decent lines together, two checking lines I guess.

Giroux on PP2 isn't that big a stretch, probably want a top passing forward on each group, but why have Provorov alone instead of Ghost/Gus alone and Provorov paired with one of them?

Reactions: BernieParent

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I actually don’t hate Patrick at RW. He needs to have more offensive room with skilled linemates to get him the puck. He’s in a funk, and he’s been too conservative and perimeter at center. Not sure now is the time to do it with that 4th line

Against a weak Rangers team made even weaker with Panarin and Kakko out, it's probably as good a time as any.

Reactions: BernieParent

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just noticed Provorov has the most PP time on the entire team over the past two years. :laugh:

Double Ghosts time.
Certainly not defending it....but Ghost has also played 33 less games during that time too.

But take NAK out and replace with Jake when he comes back...and that will be the top unit. Bill M just wrote it in the wrong order.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Certainly not defending it....but Ghost has also played 33 less games during that time too.

But take NAK out and replace with Jake when he comes back...and that could be the top unit.
True but some those were healthy scratches and the time per game is still heavily in Provorov's favor. The fact that he's cemented onto the PP blows my mind. Especially when some freak out when people say that he gets gifted usage.

Regardless, my point was more "this is a nice example of why the PP has been so frustrating to watch" instead of being a strength, like it used to be.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
True but some those were healthy scratches and the time per game is still heavily in Provorov's favor

Regardless, my point was more "this is a nice example of why the PP has been so frustrating to watch" instead of being a strength, like it used to be.
oh I agree...and that's why I said not defending it.

NAK stands out like a sore thumb and Jake should be the guy replacing him. And if so, that's a great PP unit.

Where TK goes...who knows.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
oh I agree...and that's why I said not defending it.

NAK stands out like a sore thumb and Jake should be the guy replacing him. And if so, that's a great PP unit.

Where TK goes...who knows.
I know. I was just clarifying.

And yeah, NAK has no business there and if Jake replaces him then that's a significant improvement on what we've seen over the past year. Giroux, Voracek, and Ghost are the three pieces that need to be together. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

Reactions: Tripod

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Against a weak Rangers team made even weaker with Panarin and Kakko out, it's probably as good a time as any.
Yes that Kakko sniper..

hysterical.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad