Post-Game Talk: #16 | Flyers at Hurricanes | November 15, 2023 | Win 3-1

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No. Hart was good but didn’t have to be great. If skating around the outside with the puck all night without creating many scoring chances is outplaying the other team is we can agree to disagree. Couts, Forester and someone else all tried fancy passes when they should have shot. It shouldn’t have been as close as it was. Carolinas defense was brutal.

Sure they moved the puck up the ice but who cares if they cant defend at all. The average fan today has no clue how a defenseman is supposed to play. You can create offense but you better still be able to block shots, hit, defend and just be a plain “mean bastard” when you need to be.

Carolina created tons of high quality, in-close chances. It didn't feel that way because Hart made it look easy. They owned the slot.

Screenshot_20231116-212541.png

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Carolina created tons of high quality, in-close chances. It didn't feel that way because Hart made it look easy. They owned the slot.

View attachment 769315

That’s fine. Call it karma then for the Flyers outplaying them at home but still losing due to Anderson robbing them.

1-1 series split with one team each outplaying the other. For which the Flyers have no business being in since the Canes are contenders and the Flyers bottom feeders

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
That’s fine. Call it karma then for the Flyers outplaying them at home but still losing due to Anderson robbing them.

1-1 series split with one team each outplaying the other. For which the Flyers have no business being in since the Canes are contenders and the Flyers bottom feeders
The Flyers are quite clearly middle feeders.

Reactions: BernieParent

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Maybe, but that hasn't really been the case this year, has it? I'd probably say 2 or 3 out of 15 games did the Flyers not "control" the puck - even against the better teams, and still ended up losing completely.

The idea that you will dominate every team, every game is the measure of a contender is the real dream land.

Vegas and Dallas were largely outplayed, or at least matched, by these same Flyers earlier this year. But they were commended for "scraping out wins." The Flyers didn't have their best game against a similar and scraped out a win.

Ironically, games last night for this years' Flyers team are more regression to the mean relative to how they've played - will it last? Who knows. But they are actually deserving of a better record than they have.

Also, take a gander through the Carolina board game thread - they are lambasting their players for taking stupid, 50 foot wrist shots that are easily blocked away and unable to generate real chances - sounds like a lot of complaints we had about this team over the recent years. Like I said, I think the Flyers played a good road game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hart played well, and robbed them a couple of times. Their goalie also robbed us several times. And we robbed ourselves a few. That happens for every team, every game. Because no teams can eliminate opposition chances. There's a reason the goaltender is also a part of the team.
i swear even if we win a cup in the future, most of the haters on this board will never be happy because we dont have the number 1 pick carrying us to a cup or we have to be a dynasty to be successful, like dynasty are very rare in a cap world because you are going lose players, it's just how it is.

as long as we win one cup, im happy because that's i care about, like winning 5 cups in a row is just never going to happen in a cap world.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
i swear even if we win a cup in the future, most of the haters on this board will never be happy because we dont have the number 1 pick carrying us to a cup or we have to be a dynasty to be successful, like dynasty are very rare in a cap world because you are going lose players, it's just how it is.

as long as we win one cup, im happy because that's i care about, like winning 5 cups in a row is just never going to happen in a cap world.

I actually listened to Myrt today on my drive in and he actually said they are at the same point mark as they were last season with 16 games complete. We saw how the hope last year imploded.

The stats behind the wins against good teams point to it not being sustainable. We aren't falling for the small sample size of end results being the correct view of what's happening.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Bullshit.

The "haters" are people who correctly realize the team isn't going to win a Cup on this path. You've called us "haters" for years and yet we are always right. It's not just hating then, is it?

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Bullshit.

The "haters" are people who correctly realize the team isn't going to win a Cup on this path. You've called us "haters" for years and yet we are always right. It's not just hating then, is it?
so you would rather be happy not making the playoffs for 20 plus years doing nothing but tanking?

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
  • Haha
Reactions: BillDineen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad