1. Hart
2. Konecny

3. Noesen

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
@bennysflyers16

From what I see, the worst PPs in team history. Mind you, I emphasized 1979-80 since that team went to the Cup Finals yet finished last in regular season PP.

Under 15%
  • 2023-24 7.7% (31/32)
  • 2021-22 12.6% (32/32)
  • 2006-07 14.1% (28/30)
  • 2002-03 14,2% (21/30)
  • 2001-02 13.0% (28/30)
  • 1996-97 14.6% (19/26)
  • 1967-68 12.3% (12/12; first season)
Separately:
  • 1979-80 16.3% (21/21)
  • 2022-23 15.6% (32/32)

Last edited:

bakedflyersfan

Oct 27, 2023
Konecny was the best player on offense for either team tonight. If he is traded it better be for 2 first rounds picks +

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The Hurricanes looked disinterested throughout most of the day, but the Flyers are making a lot of teams look inept. They do look much better than last year. I doubt it lasts because it is so ugly and, as others have said, the early-season legs are still chugging faster than other squads.

Every victory or even close loss will eat away at the FO's ever-stingy commitment to actually rebuilding. So aim for a wildcard spot, finish out of the top 10 or even 15, and start the spin that a mid and a late 1st are the cap on this big franchise turnaround.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
The Hurricanes looked disinterested throughout most of the day, but the Flyers are making a lot of teams look inept. They do look much better than last year. I doubt it lasts because it is so ugly and, as others have said, the early-season legs are still chugging faster than other squads.

Every victory or even close loss will eat away at the FO's ever-stingy commitment to actually rebuilding. So aim for a wildcard spot, finish out of the top 10 or even 15, and start the spin that a mid and a late 1st are the cap on this big franchise turnaround.
I kind of agree.

I don't know, I know the numbers for CF at least don't bear resemblance, but the only time I felt the Hurricanes really threatening or the game being in danger was after Couts F'ed up that breakaway. For a few minutes, they pushed, but after that - just sporadic chances and long range shots for the most part.

The blocks are simply a representation of wild shots that may be SOGs but have no prayer of being goals. Questioning these models a bit. Like, there was no way I counted 35 scoring chances for the Canes, unless every puck towards the net is counted as one.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
20 minutes of nothing from Foerster, while Brink sits and watches. Bizarre.
And Frost only got 11:45. Also Couturier looked like crap. Is this what it is going to be like when he has to face a mobile team?

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I kind of agree.

I don't know, I know the numbers for CF at least don't bear resemblance, but the only time I felt the Hurricanes really threatening or the game being in danger was after Couts F'ed up that breakaway. For a few minutes, they pushed, but after that - just sporadic chances and long range shots for the most part.

The blocks are simply a representation of wild shots that may be SOGs but have no prayer of being goals. Questioning these models a bit. Like, there was no way I counted 35 scoring chances for the Canes, unless every puck towards the net is counted as one.
The thing about blocked shots is they point to the fact that you do not have the puck a lot. Flyers were chasing Carolina all night long. Carolina is a very fun team to watch; the Flyers are like watching paint dry. The sight of Couturier or Forrester skating like they are in quicksand is nauseating.

BTW Forrester is what you get when you are almost good enough, so yeah, last night was a bad win. Not so much as the standings are concerned, but I fear they are a couple of wins away from management even pretending they are rebuilding.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
3 straight strong road Ws, the last two against legit Cup contenders.

The wins are starting to pile up.
Nov 15, 23 @ CAR 32 1 .969

Again with the same reason as the start of the season.

Also facing Carolina's AHL goalie and 2 bad Orlov turnovers with TDA to back him up... LOL

But keep thinking this is sustainable.

Last edited:
Reactions: mize370

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
The thing about blocked shots is they point to the fact that you do not have the puck a lot. Flyers were chasing Carolina all night long. Carolina is a very fun team to watch; the Flyers are like watching paint dry. The sight of Couturier or Forrester skating like they are in quicksand is nauseating.

BTW Forrester is what you get when you are almost good enough, so yeah, last night was a bad win. Not so much as the standings are concerned, but I fear they are a couple of wins away from management even pretending they are rebuilding.
I guess we see things differently. Blocked shots last night was a result of letting Carolina skate around the outside and blast low chance shots. That’s called smart hockey on the Flyers part. Let Carolina have all the ice they want if they are just wasting energy. They really only had a handful of actual scoring chances.

I don’t watch Carolina a lot but their defending reminds me of Swiss Cheese. They were terrible. Some poor choices by Flyers to pass instead of shoot or it would have been a blow out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad