GDT: #16: Coyotes at FLYERS, Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm not cherry picking -- I'm giving Hakstol's ENTIRE regular season record during the 3 full seasons he coached the team compared to other big name coaches who coached all 246 games during the previous 3 seasons, as well. That's providing a full analysis of his record in his first three seasons.

You said his first three seasons were prima facie evidence that he deserved to be fired. You would think his record over those first three seasons would be a big part of that. Now you're trying to move the goalposts to "actual coaching practices." Well, you can make that argument without saying his first 250 games prove he should be fired.

As for your latter question, "Beats me."

You chose to omit the important context of Hakstol and his system making winning harder. Any decent record we post is a result of sheer talent overcoming the style that handicaps them.

The answer to my question is no. No team has won a Cup by ignoring high scoring areas. Look at how badly the offense dries up in the playoffs.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maybe if we get JVR back and trade Voracek for a forward his size who actually goes into the high scoring areas.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Maybe if we get JVR back and trade Voracek for a forward his size who actually goes into the high scoring areas.
giphy.gif

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Using "7 of 8" points as justification to keep Hak is hilarious, since he needed 7 of 8 for his team to be .500.

But I guess .500 is exactly what this organization wants, so better strive to be average.

If you think about it, mediocre or average has been the defining trait of this organization since the end of Laviolette's tenure. If you remove Lavy's peak from the equation, way back farther than that since Stevens at least.

So, we're just back to normal now I guess. Mediocre4life.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Eyes should have fell on Hex after they were demolished by Pittsburgh last spring, but they didn't.

That didn't happen because it was still a development year. Ownership clearly have a more realistic timeframe for the turnaround than some of the fanbase.

This is the first year of the genuine contention. I still don't think we're one of the big players but we ought to announce ourselves. If we don't, and if we then don't sack Hak then i'm turning my ire to his boss. Not until then though.

Reactions: marcsson68

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Using "7 of 8" points as justification to keep Hak is hilarious, since he needed 7 of 8 for his team to be .500.

But I guess .500 is exactly what this organization wants, so better strive to be average.
Seriously. And we played poorly two of the games we got points on the road trip.

Happens every time we win a few. People start forgetting what got them in the hole.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
7pm start ?? :eek: …..who woulda thunk ?.....novel idea, I don't know how to act tonight :sarcasm:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Lines at practice:

Giroux - Couts - TK
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek
Weise - Weal - Simmer
Laughton - Lehtera - NAK

Provorov - Hagg
Sanheim - Gudas
Ghost - Folin

Pickard
Elliot

No update on PP or PK

*JVR back skating at practice (pretty sure no contact jersey). Still about a week away. Could return early if Hextall allows.

*Lyon and Ghoul sent back down.

Now is the time that Hakstonian Logic dictates plying Pickard until he’s injured or so exhausted he can’t bail out the D.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Lines at practice:

Giroux - Couts - TK
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek
Weise - Weal - Simmer
Laughton - Lehtera - NAK

Provorov - Hagg
Sanheim - Gudas
Ghost - Folin

Pickard
Elliot

No update on PP or PK

*JVR back skating at practice (pretty sure no contact jersey). Still about a week away. Could return early if Hextall allows.

*Lyon and Ghoul sent back down.

Now is the time that Hakstonian Logic dictates plying Pickard until he’s injured or so exhausted he can’t bail out the D.
Most importantly Andy is still scratched.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really hope they give Morin a shot when he's healthy. Hope they don't already have him relegated to Lehigh no matter how he looks until next season. Who am I kidding of course that's what they will do.

If Morin is in the lineup, it's probably at the expense of Sanheim. He's being used as the #6 dman afterall. We literally can't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad