Post-Game Talk: #16 Blues @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Swaglin

Apr 23, 2014
Middletown, NJ
Don't look now but Nash is tied for most assists on our team. He may not be scoring right now but atleast he's still helping other people score. His goals will come soon enough. Yesterday he was a beast

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Dan Boyle's presence will be evident in the PO's as much as it was last year with 10 pts in 19 games.

AV is managing his games appropriately this season rotating in Dylan every few games and making sure the old man has his legs come March, April, Nay and hopefully June.

The skills are fading, but there are worse #6 defenders out there.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I guess if you only use one stat in one specific instance, you can "prove" anything. Of course what you end up "proving" is complete ********* and everyone who knows anything about the purpose of that stat laughs at you, but hey, at least Brooksie can feel morally superior to people who look at advanced stats in hockey. So he has that going for him.

I would just call them other stats not advanced stats. Like many stats they have pluses and minuses and only tell a partial story.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Yup.

“@NYP_Brooksie: The folly of single-game Corsi: By that measure, Zuccarello was Rangers' worst player last night v. Blues.â€

I think Corsi has merits as a stat when used in context. I think it still has many flaws, and we should strive to find even better stats that help measure play on the ice.

That being said - even the guys who live and die by Corsi acknowledge that it doesn't accurately portray a player on a per-game basis, but rather averages out over longer stretches (i.e., 20+ games) to help paint a picture of a player's performance.

Wolfy*

No pre-game thread...early game tomorrow 1:00 pm.

Moore is back in the lineup, looks like Etem and McIlrath will sit.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad