Injury Report: 16-17 Vol. 1 (Updates in 1st Post) | Kunitz Week-to-Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
What's with the overreaction towards MM's injury? I bet it will have literally 0 impact on the Penguins season or MM's season.

MM already had his training camp and playing time via the world cup. And the Penguins have Fleury.

If there is an injury concern its Sprong. His injury will set him back a year or 2.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Lucky for us we didn't trade Flower

Fleury has been great in the regular season the past 2 years, so I'm really not worried even if MM was to miss more than just 4-6 weeks.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meaningless tournaments and injuries, it can't happen to me....

Said no Penguin fans, ever.

Bummer for MM, and for whom said he had his camp already, not doing regular drills for 3 to 6 weeks is a long..... time. After that, with him healed and all, he'll need another week or two to get back where he was.

Luckily the MM fan group were not running the ship, they can take their time with him with Fleury still here. I thought the first bone he'd break would be his toothpick legs that are no bigger then most guys forearms.

Just get back 100%.

We need to find out in the near future if MAF is expendable.

Can't do that from the owners box.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
What's with the overreaction towards MM's injury? I bet it will have literally 0 impact on the Penguins season or MM's season.

MM already had his training camp and playing time via the world cup. And the Penguins have Fleury.

If there is an injury concern its Sprong. His injury will set him back a year or 2.

Just read that Sprong's rehab is going "great" and he may be back by late December, but likely mid January.

Who knows how the Pens roster will look like then, but I'm sure the IR list will be busy as usual and maybe he gets a shot to stick.

Probably will be sent back to jrs though, which is stupid.

Luckily the MM fan group were not running the ship, they can take their time with him with Fleury still here. I thought the first bone he'd break would be his toothpick legs that are no bigger then most guys forearms.

Ya, because it's well known that Rutherford would have did his best to find the absolute worst back up in the land had MAF been moved.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I think the concern is that it could mean Fleury holds onto the starter spot until he really falters if he plays well while MM is out.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'd bet money Elliot's a Penguin if JR doesn't get greedy with what he wanted for Fleury.

What are the rules on Sprong if we throw him in the NHL for a few games when he's healthy? Automatically burns another year of his ELC?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

It took 3 pages to find a post that had the voice of reason, thank you. My goodness the doom and gloom in the first two pages, you'd think we didn't win the cup and were just dealt the worst blow imaginable without any other help in sight.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm concerned about Rust because that means he didn't get an offseason to train at all. He was really turning into something we desperately needed. I hope he doesn't have a huge down year simply due to injuries lingering around.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Does anyone know if Rust's injury is related to last year or are people just assuming that? It's possible that he got hurt while training over the summer.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hey cool... the only thing that might possibly hold that Malkin line back from being an utter catastrophe is somehow still recovering from an (???) injury he sustained this past year. That's terrific. Good thing about all that depth.

Last edited:

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
That's a hell of a broken finger though, right?

Broken in mid June....6 weeks recovery...than Physio which could take some time. My wife broke her finger 6 months ago and still has trouble fully bending it because she also tore the tendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad