Injury Report: 16-17 Vol. 1 (Updates in 1st Post) | Kunitz Week-to-Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoMachino71

Jun 8, 2012
it sucks for him, but I dont really care to be honest

let Fleury handle the net to start the year and when Murray is ready, he can go down to WB/S and get some shots before he's ready to come up

if there is one position this team can afford to lose a player for a few weeks to start the season, its goalie

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
It's Murray's blocker hand, right? It's not ideal but it doesn't seem like it would effect him too much in the long run.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Opportunity for Fleury to get hot. A MAF with outstanding stats is good for business.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yup...secretly we all pretty much knew this would happen. Oh well, he can come back from a broken hand.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
It was inevitable that a Penguin would get hurt in the WCH. But there are still four left in it and three of them could have four more games. If we escape with MM being the only casualty for 10 or 12 games (not all of which he would have started), that's not such a bad outcome.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm kind of torn on whether or not it's worth signing Irving and having him clogging up the pipeline all year long just for some insurance for a 12 game - at most - stretch.

Jarry, DeSmith & Maguire need minutes and that won't happen with Irving around.

The Maguire situation is troubling.

I assume if it was another concussion there'd be no timetable.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
So it is the time of year when the Penguins forum goes into apocalyptic level injury fear overreaction-mode, yes?

The time for the prognostication of small things coming big and previously unheard of terrors swooping down out of the blue to hit us, and just us.... Allusions to indian burial grounds, internet doctorism going rampant with second guessing of the medical staff etc. etc.

OK... I will go back to waiting for the show to start. See ya :D .

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
So it is the time of year when the Penguins forum goes into apocalyptic level injury fear overreaction-mode, yes?

The time for the prognostication of small things coming big and previously unheard of terrors swooping down out of the blue to hit us, and just us.... Allusions to indian burial grounds, internet doctorism going rampant with second guessing of the medical staff etc. etc.

OK... I will go back to waiting for the show to start. See ya :D .

I believe that "time" is August-June.....

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
So rust is still recovering from a broken finger? I mean if it was displaced and needed surgery, i guess. Just seems like a long recovery time for that.

On Murray. Sucks, but he'll be fine. The fact that he didn't know it was that bad should be a good indicator (i hope). But it still stinks. (despite my other goal tending posts) I wanted to see Murray establish himself as the guy or show he is on the road to that. So that JR would deal Fleury by Christmas. JR typically does his bigger moves by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad