GDT: #16 – Sabres at Blues – Tue Nov 15, 8:00PM ET – MSG-B

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Can we blame him for something else then?

The guy is brutal.

If he coaches a more open game, we get slaughtered. His best chance is to limit total chances in the game and hope we cash in more frequently than the other team. We have Nelson, Falk, Franson on our roster, and Gorges playing on the first pair. That is probably the least talented defense corp in the league right now.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Our sucking at ES scoring is something that's gone on since Disco started coaching this team

The conservative approach IS NOT an adjustment to the current roster situation. It's been his approach since he became our coach. We are at the bottom in almost all 5v5 offensive categories. That's not because of the recent injuries. We sucked at ES offense last year as well.

Why cant Tim Murray see the things you see?

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Somehow baptiste only got 8 minutes

And in those 8 minutes did he score, creating prime scoring chances, or run around hitting everything that moved? Something that would warrant he get a ton more ice time over anyone else?

1 shot and a couple hits. whoopty-doo.

Reeves on St. Louis had 7 hits,(i thought it was closer to 10) 1 assist, and he got a whopping 10 minutes.

I wish people would stop falling in love with the next rookie just cause he's shiny and new.

We were all clamoring for "ZEMGOD" like 2 years ago penciling him in for 2nd line scoring winger status. The guy has freaking cold dead hands right now. I'm surprised you all haven't nicknamed him Zemdevil by now.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
How the **** are people still not seeing how conservative bylsma is? It's been explained so many times. Just because a player hits crossbar on a fluttering shot doesn't mean mean that game was even close to evenly matched coaching wise.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
And in those 8 minutes did he score, creating prime scoring chances, or run around hitting everything that moved? Something that would warrant he get a ton more ice time over anyone else?

1 shot and a couple hits. whoopty-doo.

Reeves on St. Louis had 7 hits,(i thought it was closer to 10) 1 assist, and he got a whopping 10 minutes.

I wish people would stop falling in love with the next rookie just cause he's shiny and new.

We were all clamoring for "ZEMGOD" like 2 years ago penciling him in for 2nd line scoring winger status. The guy has freaking cold dead hands right now. I'm surprised you all haven't nicknamed him Zemdevil by now.

No i nicknamed him Ted Nolan for his equal hockey iq to his coach

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Tell me O'Reilly isnt the leader of this team, they are completely lost without him

A couple more games of this. Gionta should be sent to Rochester, and ROR should be named Captain.

with Tampa and Penguins rolling into town. I figure this will be the week to do it, after ROR gets healthier.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
For those who want Bylsma gone it's not going to happen. He is our coach at least through next season and him and GMTM are going to get a free pass this season cause we haven't played healthy. We lack elite talent, our defense isn't strong. Embrace your selves sabres fans we are likely picking top 10 again. Even with Eichel back we are still not making the playoffs

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
How the **** are people still not seeing how conservative bylsma is? It's been explained so many times. Just because a player hits crossbar on a fluttering shot doesn't mean mean that game was even close to evenly matched coaching wise.

Thats not really my argument. People want to open this up but we dont have the roster to play that style. They know that, they just want to complain. This is not a skilled hockey team. They also arent very fast. Its a grinding hockey team.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
For those who want Bylsma gone it's not going to happen. He is our coach at least through next season and him and GMTM are going to get a free pass this season cause we haven't played healthy. We lack elite talent, our defense isn't strong. Embrace your selves sabres fans we are likely picking top 10 again. Even with Eichel back we are still not making the playoffs

We can criticize the coach while knowing full well he isn't going anywhere.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Which is why in High Danger Scoring Chances we outchanced the Blues 10-7 (59% HDSC%)? Because we were badly outcoached and out-systemed in this game? Sit down.

You can lead horses to water but you can't help them score.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

In terms of offensive talent we have ROR, Eichel, Reinhart, Okposo, Ristolainen, Kane, and Moulson has been putting in goals this year. FLG has also been awesome when they are put on the ice in terms of driving possession. We aren't inept whatsoever.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Thats not really my argument. People want to open this up but we dont have the roster to play that style. They know that, they just want to complain. This is not a skilled hockey team. They also arent very fast. Its a grinding hockey team.

:shakehead

We don't do a lot of little stuff that would help our offense. Things that don't remotely take elite or even real good talent to deploy it. Just need basic hockey skills. Its maddening talking to you about this when you quite clearly have no idea what these things are. They've been explained to you by several posters about 10000000000000x

I'm not even going to bother any more.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Which is why in High Danger Scoring Chances we outchanced the Blues 10-7 (59% HDSC%)? Because we were badly outcoached and out-systemed in this game? Sit down.

You can lead horses to water but you can't help them score.

HDSC my ass. The blues had plenty more scoring chances than we did.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
In terms of offensive talent we have ROR, Eichel, Reinhart, Okposo, Ristolainen, Kane, and Moulson has been putting in goals this year. FLG has also been awesome when they are put on the ice in terms of driving possession. We aren't inept whatsoever.

How many games have thos guys all played together. ZERO.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

Right. It hasnt been explained to you before or anything. We absolutely do have a roster to play hockey that isn't completely conservative ****.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I wonder if that has anything to do with the players?

Totally agree.

2010-2011 => 9th in goals for (near top of the league)
2011-2012 => 17th in goals for (middle of the pack)
2012-2013 => 21st in goals for (but only 11 goals from last place)
2013-2014 => dead last in goals for (40 less than next closest team!)
2014-2015 => dead last in goals for
2015-2016 => 27th in goals for
2016-2017 => 30th in goals for

We are basically icing a tank team at the moment, so I don't see how it's the coaches fault. Also, as you can see above, our scoring issues predate Bylsma'a hiring.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I can't even watch this team play anymore. We're the 30th ranked team in GF. This is almost as bad as the tank years IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad