Value of: 15th, 20th & Lias Anderson

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
If you are trying to make trades based on emotional connection you will never offer a trade that the other side says yes. You will try to rip the other guy off. This is why you will see a Canadian fan say Price is a stud and wouldn't trade him if they had to retain. This is why a canadian fan says they want 2 1's for danault with 1 year left on deal. This is why when Canadian fan trade offers go out for Kopitar of course the Kings will retain 3m and take on Alzner's gem of a contract. You are a passionate Canadian fan GOOD FOR YOU! All sincerity love the passion of NHL fan. Just show me realistic moves canadians can or can't do. Yes i see where you are coming from. Do you see why this a flaw?
You are talking to the wrong Habs fan when it comes to my beloved Habs look through my post history and you will know exactly how I feel about my team and what I want to happen. Also after looking through my post history it still doesn't mean I want to trade Domi for a bunch of magic beans. Domi should be a part of the future not traded away for a bunch of maybes.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
So corrected, your critique is
a top 6 W requiring protection and 2 firsts
for
an 8OA not requiring protection who is an LD fitting like a glove where we are going now PLUS a delayed 1st

If the delayed 1st offsets one of the 2020 1sts
that leaves Buch + a single 2020 1st for a highly regarded LD prospect.
I'm not going to quote you again but since you apparently cannot remember you offer was Both 2020 NYR 1sts, CAR 2020 1st, Buch and Lias for Broberg + 1st. So you are wrong in "correcting" my reply.

Your worries about expansion draft are completely overblown as has been mentioned.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
With the Rangers holding the 15th (their own pick) the 20th (Car pick) and Lias, is there a rebuilding team that would move a youngish top 4 LD or a youngish 2nd line center?

Not sure who the target would be, but I definitely think what your asking for would be attainable with that package. Even just the 15th and 20th picks together is a lot of value.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
But not at the cost of that package, and if we traded for him, we're not paying a premium with the expectations of 40 goal scorer. What we really need is a way to put Zibby with Panarin, and if that's happening that we need a solid #2 who could carry a line, or a winner who could make a center better. That and a 1st pair LD.

The cost of what? 2 draft picks that *might* turn into something someday and Lias, who’s done even less than Jesse Puljujarvi has? you DO realize that Monahan had 82 points last season right? so you’d be getting incredible value for what you’d be giving up! o_O

Reactions: TFHockey

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It appears NY will have to expand parameters to achieve objectives.

for example,
Buchnevich is a great fit for Oil, but we have not been able to agree on price.

something around Buch + both NYR + the other 2020 1st + Lias for
for
Broberg [an LD who was 8OA and who is exp dr exempt] + 2022 1st [top 10 protected]....

Gives NY an LD who is developing nicely, with a year development under his belt, fits end of next season [less than 10 games do not burn elc] and following year ready to roll. Plus a 1st for down the road when Oil can absorb giving it.

Oil get immediate top 6 W help w/Buch + a 4C who will bust butt to prove he can hack NHL + two 1sts for this year.

something like that.

something like dat?

the above ^ is verbatim what I originally said
This is clearly 2 2020 1sts + Buch + Andersson, who may have been drafted 7OA but is not 1st round value any longer.

I did correct what was your actual misimpression, but your last comment again gets it wrong:

I'm not going to quote you again but since you apparently cannot remember you offer was Both 2020 NYR 1sts, CAR 2020 1st, Buch and Lias for Broberg + 1st. So you are wrong in "correcting" my reply.

Your worries about expansion draft are completely overblown as has been mentioned.

"Both 2020 NYR 1sts" INCLUDES the CAR 2020 1st.
NY only owns its own 1st and one additional CAR must provide, a total of 2.

The breakdown I earlier provided holds.
Lias does not have 1st value
one 2020 offset by later EDM 1st
leaves Buch + other 2020 1st for stud LD prospect who does not require protection.

my bottom line on exp draft protection is not wrong
either you take initiative and try to control what you will leave Seattle, or you hive them the upper hand in deciding what terms will be issued, if any, as them obliging on what you wish for NYR selection.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Has anyone...?

You are as close minded as he is.

BTW, I think the last post sequence we had, I said you disagreed with me if I said water was wet, you attempted to correct me, I pulled out the Oxford dictionary to verify I was indeed right, and then explained, with dictionary definition, how that meant you were being hoisted off your own petard.

Are you attempting to come back from under that comeuppance?

That was a pretty crushing rejection.
Feel free to take your time, don't rush back just to have another erroneous assertion about me...

Reactions: FatGiraffe

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You are as close minded as he is.

BTW, I think the last post sequence we had, I said you disagreed with me if I said water was wet, you attempted to correct me, I pulled out the Oxford dictionary to verify I was indeed right, and then explained, with dictionary definition, how that meant you were being hoisted off your own petard.

Are you attempting to come back from under that comeuppance?

That was a pretty crushing rejection.
Feel free to take your time, don't rush back just to have another erroneous assertion about me...
You’ve had more trade proposals closed by mods than you have posts.

RIP in pieces.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
A 1 and Anderson I think gets Manson or Risto.
2 1's and Anderson good conversation start for Ekblad if Florida tears it down
2 1's should get Domi but Habs fans will cry foul.

Good start.

This silly.

2 mid 1sts and a busted prospect for a legitimate #1D. What?

2 mid 1sts should NOT get Domi.

You've been playing too much EASports

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You’ve had more trade proposals closed by mods than you have posts.

RIP in pieces.

Not true, and hence consistent with so much false advertising from you, often taking things I've said out of context.

buh bye
do/don't let the door hit you on the way out
I don't care.

bernmeister welcomes OBJECTIVE analysis and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.
The guttersniping you and your small band of brothers offers is not welcome.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The cost of what? 2 draft picks that *might* turn into something someday and Lias, who’s done even less than Jesse Puljujarvi has? you DO realize that Monahan had 82 points last season right? so you’d be getting incredible value for what you’d be giving up! o_O

Great. Let somebody else pay that. You do realize Monahan has played 7 seasons in the NHL and has broken 65 points, once. Yes, he had 82, I'm not really sure that's happening with us. I like Monahan, but I'm not paying the expectations that he'll have his best goal scoring season (40) on NYR

Reactions: bernmeister

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
a mid and late 1st with an unproven prospect wont get you the big return you're hoping for.
probably gets your a 10-12th OA+2nd/prospect

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think the Rangers are going to have to draft a legit #1C rather than offer some mid firsts and a questionable prospect for one. Maybe you can trade those 1sts to move up in this draft if there is a guy available you really like?

Reactions: slg1963

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think the Rangers are going to have to draft a legit #1C rather than offer some mid firsts and a questionable prospect for one. Maybe you can trade those 1sts to move up in this draft if there is a guy available you really like?
But we only want a legit #2c. We have a 1c.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
This silly.

2 mid 1sts and a busted prospect for a legitimate #1D. What?

2 mid 1sts should NOT get Domi.

You've been playing too much EASports
2 mid first from 2019 gets
pick 14 Cam York-2 pair d -man-
pick 15 Cole Caufield 1st line winger
pick 16 Alex Newhook top 6 forward

I just can't imagine why in one of the deepest drafts in years I would want more want 1st round mid picks if my teams misses the playoffs and is nowhere near cup contender.
Clearly Domi's value is worth more Caufield and Newhook. What was I thinking.
Ekblad for York, Caufield, Anderson. Panther fan wouldn't want that. Um sure.
Go back to the value of 2 Flyers trades of the past B Schenn for 2 1's and dump Lehtera. It may be the most win win trade of all time. STL got their c and won a cup. Flyers got 2 potential 2nd line players in Farabee and Frost at cheap controllable salaries.
Or maybe look back at Jeff Carter coming off a 66 point 36 goal season for a 1st round pick and young forward you was getting 40 points a year and looked ok but maybe an underachiever. The underachiever was Voracek who turned into a 75 point forward and Couturier was the first who will win a Selke this year.
If you have a gm that knows how to pick you are getting 2 hockey player for 10+ years and 6 million in cap space in Domi's case for third player. If you have gm's that take Juolevi over Nylander or Zadina over Q Hughes maybe you pass. If you have a gm that is smart these trades are more than fair.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Great. Let somebody else pay that. You do realize Monahan has played 7 seasons in the NHL and has broken 65 points, once. Yes, he had 82, I'm not really sure that's happening with us. I like Monahan, but I'm not paying the expectations that he'll have his best goal scoring season (40) on NYR

All I know is that if Monahan was available for that package, the Rangers would find a way to make it happen! Unlike fans, GM’s understand that sometimes you have to pounce when a player the high quality of Monahan is available! o_O

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Rangers biggest issue is not c. They have enough top 6f's and can get by. Strome surrounded by talent is fine. Not sexy but fine. What Rangers need is a #1 lhd. When Rangers play better D they will be 105 point team with Shesterkin and their forward talent.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
2 mid first from 2019 gets
pick 14 Cam York-2 pair d -man-
pick 15 Cole Caufield 1st line winger
pick 16 Alex Newhook top 6 forward

I just can't imagine why in one of the deepest drafts in years I would want more want 1st round mid picks if my teams misses the playoffs and is nowhere near cup contender.
Clearly Domi's value is worth more Caufield and Newhook. What was I thinking.
Ekblad for York, Caufield, Anderson. Panther fan wouldn't want that. Um sure.
Go back to the value of 2 Flyers trades of the past B Schenn for 2 1's and dump Lehtera. It may be the most win win trade of all time. STL got their c and won a cup. Flyers got 2 potential 2nd line players in Farabee and Frost at cheap controllable salaries.
Or maybe look back at Jeff Carter coming off a 66 point 36 goal season for a 1st round pick and young forward you was getting 40 points a year and looked ok but maybe an underachiever. The underachiever was Voracek who turned into a 75 point forward and Couturier was the first who will win a Selke this year.
If you have a gm that knows how to pick you are getting 2 hockey player for 10+ years and 6 million in cap space in Domi's case for third player. If you have gm's that take Juolevi over Nylander or Zadina over Q Hughes maybe you pass. If you have a gm that is smart these trades are more than fair.

Yeah I'll take the sure thing #1 Ekblad over a Caufield who may never play in the NHL and York whose being projected as Top 4 Dman.

Eklbad was #1 OA, not #14/15/16

Last edited:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Yeah I'll take the sure thing #1 Ekblad over a Caufield who may never play in the NHL and York whose being projected as Top 4 Dman.

Eklbad was #1 OA, not #14/15/16
If you think Caufield won't play in NHL then we just agree to disagree.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Andersson doesn't have much value. The #15 and #20 MIGHT get you the #10, in a draft that is thought of as having a dropoff after #10. I would think about trading Brodin from the Wild for the two picks, but wouldn't do it, ultimately. Bird in the hand.

That "bird in the hand" can fly away after next season, and then you're left with an empty hand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad