Golf: 151st Open Championship - Royal Liverpool Golf Club - Hoylake, England

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
That’s so Rory to start like that and then just completely lose all that steam. Another backdoor T5 in store probably haha.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Unless Harman slips and breaks his leg, this over

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
So maybe 10th times the charm for Rors haha. so anticlimactic, thought this was his best chance in a while and there've been some good ones

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tommy Fleetwood hitting balls from interesting places right now

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yeah, this was a top 3 or 4 most boring major I've ever watched.

Good for Brian Harman, but he's right near the bottom amongst major winners. At least with Wyndham Clark, there's a clear and dramatic improvement in form this year leading up to his win, which gives some hope that he'll be a top player moving forward. Not the case for Harman, who just got white-hot at the right time. And he just doesn't hit the ball far enough to contend consistently, anyway. Tough.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Harman is winning with the basics of links golf that allows guys like him to contend, especially here. Don't hit bunkers and don't 3-putt.

Until right now I guess

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Harman is the fluke major winner we all worry about. He’s not the worst of the past 25 years. I think he’s better than like a Micheel and Beem, but I think you can fairly say he’s the worst of the last 10 years and you have to go back to the 2009 PGA with YE Yang to find a guy you could fairly assert is worse. He’s not awful, he’s just like the 45th best golfer in the world and you hate to see those guys win majors with there being only 4 per year and as @Dr John Carlson mentioned, he has essentially no upward mobility. Clark probably has a worse record to this point, but I think he’ll at least pass Harman over the rest of their careers because he has more long-term ability. Harman is a career journeyman that had the week of his career. You hate to see it, but well, we were due for one of these major winners and it makes it doubly worse that the last two of 2023 (and for 8 1/2 months) are two guys that are two of the weaker major winners you’ll see in the current era, if not the two weakest.

• Haha
Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad