GDT: 151204 Sharks @ Ducks 7pm

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I know, right?

I mean, did you see Marleau out there with his meaningful minutes? He almost had a shot right at the goalie's chest, but saw he might get hit and pulled up instead, dumping the puck to a Ducks defender.

Great game, Patty!

1401111047840.jpg

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I know, right?

I mean, did you see Marleau out there with his meaningful minutes? He almost had a shot right at the goalie's chest, but saw he might get hit and pulled up instead, dumping the puck to a Ducks defender.

Great game, Patty!

It would help if Ward and Donskoi played better but I assume you think Marleau should be able to make them skate faster and make better plays.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Jones not seeing where the puck was quickly enough is the main reasom they scored. If he gets out he stops that shot.

Not blaming him, there were a lot of bodies there.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Losing 1-0 to the lowest scoring team in the league, to a backup goaltender, with 3 shots in the third. Yeah that's embarrassing. Lol

I'm not as embarrassed about losing 1-0 to Gibson as I was to losing 1-0 to Anton ''I got traded to Anaheim because I couldn't outplay Cam Ward's bone dust in Carolina'' Khudobin.

I'm more embarrassed about playing two goons in one game though.

I was annoyed back when DeBoer would play Boulton and Janssen in the same games when he coached the Devils. He would usually only do this against the Rangers or Flyers, so at least I know that we probably won't be seeing both Haley and Brown in the same game until the next one against the Ducks or Kings. I'm fairly confident of that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The 4th line was on the ice. But, blame Marleau. GJ.

It was Brown-Zubrus-Pavs on the ice when they scored. Why they were on the ice yet they almost always shorten their bench in the 3rd period is beyond me.

The top line is struggling...mightily. The 2nd line wasn't any good because Ward is struggling and Donskoi hasn't really found his niche yet. Third line was good overall. Fourth line was God awful.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jones not seeing where the puck was quickly enough is the main reasom they scored. If he gets out he stops that shot.

Not blaming him, there were a lot of bodies there.

I have a hard time blaming the goalie on a 1-0 shutout loss.

Unless the goal was really horrific, like one of the goals Jones let in against NYI or the Stalock goal against from center ice.

Or if it was an overtime winner that was a really bad one or something.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Felt like both teams played with too much energy. Hard work and skating, but almost no offensive creativity or cohesion.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I have a hard time blaming the goalie on a 1-0 shutout loss.

Unless the goal was really horrific, like one of the goals Jones let in against NYI or the Stalock goal against from center ice.

Or if it was an overtime winner that was a really bad one or something.
I'm not blaming him; just saying I believe he stops the puck if he picks up the pass to Santorelli.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
That was an abomination of a third period.

Karlsson was the best forward on the first line tonight.

Donskoi is making a case for a return to the AHL. Tennyson was invisible.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
It was Brown-Zubrus-Pavs on the ice when they scored. Why they were on the ice yet they almost always shorten their bench in the 3rd period is beyond me.

The top line is struggling...mightily. The 2nd line wasn't any good because Ward is struggling and Donskoi hasn't really found his niche yet. Third line was good overall. Fourth line was God awful.

Yeah I know who was out there. I commenting on the fact they dress guys to play 3 minutes a game which means the top lines have to play tons of minutes and look they're worn out in the 3rd period.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

They're playing four in six nights which is two consecutive back-to-backs. It's also still December. I don't think we need to worry about playing Jones every game at this point. They can win with Stalock in net. You're better off saving Jones and keeping him fresh for as long as possible because he will eventually get gassed down the road this season.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I think we are just seeing a natural ebb in play here. We really need couture back. With jumbos level of play I'm surprised we've done so well. So it'll be nice to rely on him less at some point.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Tennyson has a nice shot, other than that I don't know what the **** he is bringing to the table. Oh, and he also can't hit the net to save his life...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah I know who was out there. I commenting on the fact they dress guys to play 3 minutes a game which means the top lines have to play tons of minutes and look they're worn out in the 3rd period.

I agree with you on that but it's just weird that DeBoer is kind of going half in on shortening and half not. But I think he's found his 4th line guys that he wants to overplay in Zubrus and Brown. Maybe not overplay but improperly utilize.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
In unsurprising fashion, Hayward and AHLers give the 3 stars to all Ducks, because Cam Fowler sure deserved one over Jones.

They'd give a Duck a star even if they lose 6-0.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I don't like Deboer.

Thornton has been average this season.

Is Couture back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad