GDT: 151121 Sharks @ Penguins -- DeBoer out

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Tenny with only 6:45 icetime and Dillon 11:28. Anyone else have concerns about this? T-Mac was the opposite where he rolled the pairings at ES so the bottom pairing got 16-17 minutes no matter how bad they sucked. I wished Vlasic and Braun got more minutes under T-Mac but now I feel like they're getting overplayed. The coaches need to find a medium. The bottom pair should get around 13-14 minutes.

Lots of PP/PK time skewed that.

Also with no coach the bench management was obviously a little out of sync.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Burns on TV postgame interview:

- has been joking w/ Marleau that he wanted to be part of the milestone, that's such a special thing for a guy, shows how good and healthy and in shape he is, playing with a couple of legends is cool, but says he himself (Burns) is in great shape
- [first goal] good job by Wardo, Burns just tried to get the kick off the pads
- thought it was Donkey going to the net, just tried to shoot, put it in the area for those guys with good hands, it hit someone's leg or something
- awesome for Martin, knows himself the feeling when you go back for the first time, a lot of nerves, wanna show your old team what they're missing, he made a great play in the 2nd period to Burns, it was a great game

Marleau on radio postgame interview:

- it's been a great experience, everybody shaking hands in the room, guys on the other team congratulated him and the arena putting something on the board
- Pauly had a great game tonight, great getting a win for him
- the team has been battling, they haven't had their best each and every night but they've found ways to win, tonight was a good 60 minute effort, good job by Jonesy in net
- the coaches were good on the bench, talking to the players, pretty seamless, they'd like to have Pete there but they did a good job
- great road trip, would be even better to get the last win before going home

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Good game all the way around with the exception of the PP. Jones with a .974 SV%.

Bobrovsky is on fire lately, and so is Jones. However, likely Stalock is in the goal. He's he is riding a hot streak of his own with .939 and a .952 SV% from his last two games.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

I am hoping that a lot of this is the 'new' coaching staff relying on the vets in crunch time situations. Especially is 1 goal games in the 3rd period.

As the young players prove themselves, hopefully the coaching staff starts relying on them more.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)

I don't think it has anything to do with the PP/PK or Deborer being out. Goldobin was benched too and I didn't see any serious errors. Coaches aren't trusting the young guys.. I'm concerned if this keeps up the old guys are gonna be wiped by the end of the season

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I don't think it has anything to do with the PP/PK or Deborer being out. Goldobin was benched too and I didn't see any serious errors. Coaches aren't trusting the young guys.. I'm concerned if this keeps up the old guys are gonna be wiped by the end of the season

You think we're winning the cup? Who cares if they're tired by the end of the season :sarcasm:

On a serious note. If we're winning, who cares? We don't want rookies who haven't played 82 game NHL seasons tired either. Better tired vets than tired rookies in their first PO's. Not worried at all right now about ice time.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
You think we're winning the cup? Who cares if they're tired by the end of the season :sarcasm:

On a serious note. If we're winning, who cares? We don't want rookies who haven't played 82 game NHL seasons tired either. Better tired vets than tired rookies in their first PO's. Not worried at all right now about ice time.

If we're not winning the Cup, give the kids valuable experience instead of benching.

And if Torres comes back and doesnt get his ass suspended, yeah, I think we have a shot

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Honestly we always seem tired in the playoffs.

Cup champs ride their top guys. It's pretty normal.

I'd like to see more of goldobin but the coaches don't have a ton of faith in him to not turn the puck over.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Tomorrow is definitely a schedule loss, may as well play Stalock and hope for the best. If you'd told me we'd go 5-1 I would have told you you were crazy.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Also if you look at ice times. Top guys are generally above 25 minutes on the back end and will flirt with 30+ in playoffs.

This is a refreshing change to me. These coaches want to win and I'd expect guys like vlasic burns martin and Braun to all be able to go 25+ a night and more in the playoffs. A tired vlasic still beats Dillon Tennyson mueller.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
What a game! Feels like last Saturday. Sharks score first, I drink se Alcoholic Root Beer, Sharks win, but instead of winning the lotto like last week, I got a burns jersey card in a pack I bought. Feels good. Feels reallllllllll good

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
watched the game a bit delayed ...

marleau had a monster game. well deserved to get the 100th and just kept going.

thornton had his moments but overall they had their hands full on that line tonight. tonight was a night that he needed to take a few to the net because they were backing off him bigtime.

jones is playing absolutely monstrous in net. wow, if he has solved his little lapses he's going to be a Big Deal for us.

rest of the team played well too, even mike brown. i'm sure it helped to not have another plug on the line as well.

goldobin i could tell has been trying to increase his play to match NHL speed. he took the puck in harder and made plays faster and harder with it, unfortunately it still did not quite connect and he had a pretty egregious turnover which appeared to get him benched. hopefully he will continue to develop and will figure out how to be a more consistent contributor.

martin had a big game as well, i'm sure being back in pitt had something to do with that. overall the team played pretty good defense. vlasic did his usual i'm gonna shut down crosby thing.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
1 assist and +3 for Donskoi. Did he really play that well? (I chose the wrong game to watch tonight, TOR-BOS was a snoozefest.)

He plays a hard game. His offensive game is slowly coming. He was on the second line tonight and didn't look out of place but he's still better off as a focal point on the third line.

Him and guys like goldobin have some unpredictability to them which we need. I love having a guy like him.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
1 assist and +3 for Donskoi. Did he really play that well? (I chose the wrong game to watch tonight, TOR-BOS was a snoozefest.)

He's been great. He has an incredible amount of stamina which allows him to put in a 60 minute effort.

Guys are on their last legs and he looks like he could go another 60 minutes.

My prediction is that he'll get a lot of points late in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad