GDT: #15 | Penguins vs Islanders | 02/18/21 | 7:00PM ET

Who will score the 1st goal tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
This is why you don’t judge the Matheson trade off games he didn’t play.

He is adding a ton of what we need from our blue line despite his lack of brain, defensive awareness and general cluelessness in his own zone.

I am coming to your side on this one.

I wanted Torey Krug. We got Torey Krug with...maybe a couple ginger warts.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There really hasn't been a resurgence for Phil though. 82 points in 82 games in 2018-19, 38 in 70 in 2019-20, and so far 8 in 15 in 2020-21. Same thing, he's 33-turning-34. Age catches up to everyone, it's inevitable.

No, Malkin during the last year of Phil. We wondered if he was done. Remember? Then he had a great training summer with skating. He didn't this past summer, which is why I'm wary to say now Malkin is done as others have.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
The only chance L2 has is for the wingers to play their own game so that opposing players don't just smother Malkin. You can't play with Malkin if you defer all the time. Rust gets it. It's like Rust going on L2 showed Zucker what he needs to do. Just shoot the puck, Malkin will find you.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If Geno didn't absolutely blow on the PP he could at least add some real value to the team still. Like watching the Caps Ovi is like their 8th best forward at ES.

Maybe he'll at least get that mojo back.

I think Malkin has been awful on the PP tonight. The telegraphed passes.

I also thought he was a big driver of the improved look of it the last few games.

Only reason a lot of options open up is because of how the PK is cheating to him.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No, Malkin during the last year of Phil. We wondered if he was done. Remember? Then he had a great training summer with skating. He didn't this past summer, which is why I'm wary to say now Malkin is done as others have.

I’m kind of seeing something with Zucker, Malkin and Rust tonight. Not sure what it is. But they actually look like a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad