GDT: #15 | Penguins vs Islanders | 02/18/21 | 7:00PM ET

Who will score the 1st goal tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Matheson really feeling himself

200.gif

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kapanen can't be cheating like that when there's not clear (or even likely) possession there.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I wasn't comparing them though. You misunderstood. See my other reply.
I understand where you're coming from. I'm just trying to remind everyone that we need to temper our expectations of Crosby and Malkin. They aren't young guys anymore. They are on the decline... it may be fast, it may be slow, we don't know -- but I feel like a lot of people don't want to accept the inevitable, that age is catching up to them.

As an aside, it really shows what kind of a freak Jagr is that he could continue playing/producing at such a high level into his 40s; the man put up 66 points in 79 games at the age of 43-44.

Reactions: KIRK

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I’m kind of seeing something with Zucker, Malkin and Rust tonight. Not sure what it is. But they actually look like a line.

Lets hope it continues, although I did feel like Kap was just begining to show some promise on the Malkin line. I know they werent lighting it up but you did start seeing some flashes of it clicking.

Kap looks a little lost to me on Crosbys line.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Lets hope it continues, although I did feel like Kap was just begining to show some promise on the Malkin line. I know they werent lighting it up but you did start seeing some flashes of it clicking.

Kap looks a little lost to me on Crosbys line.

I think anyone would look lost with how Sid and Jake have been playing this year.

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I understand where you're coming from. I'm just trying to remind everyone that we need to temper our expectations of Crosby and Malkin. They aren't young guys anymore. They are on the decline... it may be fast, it may be slow, we don't know -- but I feel like a lot of people don't want to accept the inevitable, that age is catching up to them.

As an aside, it really shows what kind of a freak Jagr is that he could continue playing/producing at such a high level into his 40s; the man put up 66 points in 79 games at the age of 43-44.

Oh for sure.

I just don't want to overreact with Malkin.

Concerned? Yep. Given the age, as we've all said. But, as everyone gets vaccinated and he gets a normal training summer with significant skating, you'll have a really good idea next season how much is age and how much was just what's going on in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad