Speculation: "15 or so" Teams Scouting NYI-CGY tonight

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
here is where I got to remind people

Rule 1 of scouting--you scout

there are only 2 games on tonight and one involves a NYC team and tomorrow you have Philly and Rangers at home respectively. When there are ten games on and I see 15+ scouts at a game then my radar goes off--but when there are just two games being played and one is a NY team--15 teams should be expected

That makes perfect sense, only why would they make a news about it then if it's that normal?

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
This is easy to explain. Scouts just do not watch the action, they watch what the players are doing away from the play and they watch what the coaches do while the game is in play, who they talk to and what happens when that player goes over the boards to play.

Scouts also act as diplomats. They are there to relay messages from GM's to GM's to discuss future trades. They are used to gauge interest and talk to agents. If people genuinely believe that they are only there to watch players they are wrong.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
You realize teams are owned by billionaires right? And what makes you assume they base their opinion on the one game they're going to watch? Every scout should be watching tape, looking at stats and watching them play in person.

You can see things in person, like play away from he puck, that you can never see on tape. There are also potential conversations with the players, agents, teammates or coaches to get more intel to inform decisions.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
That makes perfect sense, only why would they make a news about it then if it's that normal?

To stir up speculative fan boys and generate hits.

It's always interesting to hear the news, but these trades can take months. I just caution people not to expect anything imminent.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This is the equivalent of offering Hartnell+ for Tavares. Gtfo.

Haha what? Somehow a 3rd year pro that has put up a .5 PPG with very up and down ice time who has a ton of upside still for Saad is the same as offering a 34 year old, nearing the end of his career with down production for Tavares? Come on now. Sure it'll take more than Strome to get Saad but your comparison is quite befitting of your GTFO.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
What would The price BE FOR SAAD to the islanders?

Nothing. Unless you want to move Tavares. Yes that is ridiculous, but there is no player, prospect, or pick that the Islanders can offer that is worth giving up Saad. Or Jenner for that matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad