15 games in, your view on the Canes

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
“But you can’t just sit here and wait and hope it will change. You look at the numbers and say it should, but it hasn’t.â€

That's a pretty direct statement. I wonder what he's cooking.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

It's a combination of bad luck and lack of skill, though Skinners been the only actually unlucky one. Kid can't catch a break with his shots of the pipe. Stuffing rebounds into a prone goalies pads with your head down should be this teams signature move.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He expanded on it a little bit on the Adam and Joe show. Some comments (paraphrased as I'm going off memory).

Expected to give up a lot of shots with this young D, but they aren't giving up a lot of shots. They are in games but are finding ways to lose them vs. finding ways to win them.

Goaltenders have below .900 save % and need to improve there. Part of it is that when the skaters make a mistake, it's a doozy, but they need to find a way to make a save on 1 or 2 of those

Same goes on offense. Need to do the little things to get more scoring and get that 3rd goal

The easy thing to say is that the reason we are getting a lot of shots but not scoring is that we are taking a lot of perimeter shots, but statistics show that that's not the case. We've hit a lot of goals and crossbars, more than our opponents.

He again stressed it's a results driving league though and can't just assume it's going to happen.

He was asked about the team having the lowest number of penalty minutes and is the team not physical enough. He said that the lack of penalties and low shots allowed means they are doing a lot of good things on the ice, but need to find a way how to win those games. He also referenced Chicago and Detroit as examples of teams that are more skilled than physical and are very successful.

He also said that while everybody looks at thanksgiving as a key marker on the season, he said there were teams last year that were hovering around that mark and made it. Still, he recognized that they can't be in too big of a hole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad